SP Native Native edited mod by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Tang

Recruit
First to let you guys know i just like to play original with some extra stuff so i make this mod or cannot consider it as mod

I found out this game in game spot and decided to give it a go and find it very nice.

By the way I'm not so good in english so please endure it :cry:

I will let you guys know what is different in this edited native mod

if no people complain it i will post the link for download actually i just mod it for my personal use but i think give other people that have same opinion as me a good try and no need learn to mod just download my file if what i want is what you want.

Thing change in my mod is as follow:-

1.add new troops line that farmer can upgrade to undead and the rest of the tree
2.add black armor,helm,glave to store you can buy at store and i tweek the armor they give to higher that original.
3.add a bow that can knock people down rather kill them i name it manhunter bow
4.change the iron staff to manhunter staff and can swing even at horse
5.sword sister and slave chieve to wear black set armor
6.9 new hero and is all girl because i'm boy and most of the troop is guys by the way  :lol:
7.change the hero level to level 1 start from scrach.
8. black armor price is expensive very expensive lets said you want to have all hero wear black mmnn need about 1 million maybe.
9.food all change to 100
10.morale from leadership give 15 each skill point and the max leadership morale bonus is 150 because alot of hero
11.i think that is all maybe if you guys have any sugestion or any bug just let me know i will consider it
12.brigand can upgrade to dark knight forget to mention

download here:-

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=721
http://files.filefront.com/Ryan+Personal+Mod+v1099qrar/;9908086;/fileinfo.html

future add on and tweek (mostly small tweek and add on because i got feeling new version comming out):-

1.for now the custom black troop is too powerfull for the native bandit or lord so will make them more power in future for now i just add the bandit spawn more troop that normal
2.hero able upgrade to undead hero concept if other people got think of it already i said sorry i just come out the idea no reading other mod( i never play other mod beside native and my own custom mod)
3.new troop tree for woman farmer upgrade to become blood sister rather that edit sword sister to become black armor sister
4.new troop tree for all the basic troops that can upgrade to undead troop i mean new choice
5.undead hero to start
6.balance some unbalance item in game (most is edit by me haha)
7.add new armor weapon helm boots for undead fiction
8.correct major flaw or bug(if have any) that i don't know yet
9.add skeleton faction ( i still considering because need to take someone design well is free to use since can download and he said i will add credit for him if i got use even he mean is free :smile:

ok that all for now please let me know any bug that have in my mod about the tweek flaw i already know is unbalance for now.

i also hope can have someone to work with me since i new to mod and i don't know any program i can make some grafic but not so good either.

the main thing of my mod is change and tweek some thing and preserve the original gameplay for native

ONE more thing to add that i forget go to the game mod and open module.ini
change this  - damage_interrupt_attack_treshold      = 0.0
to this         - damage_interrupt_attack_treshold      = 3.0

Yeah one more thing if anyone wanna ask me something about how to mod something like my mod feel free to ask if i know the answer i will answer or if you want to have my source code i can give it out also well is not much but i hope it can help u guys

by the way i only can answer some simple modding thing for more advance problem you need to ask someone more expert like the big big mod out there and i cannot guarentee they will give out they thing but is worth a try anywhere.

Hmm, some interesting changes there. First off, welcome to the forums.

To start, for the Black armor, make sure you make them unlootable, by putting itp_unique on the items of black armor- otherwise, the player won't need to spend all this money and can just loot it from manhunters.

I like the idea of the bow, heh.

I recommend that if you want to release it to the public, you should maybe take a certain direction. You have a lot of dark themes- for this to be a success, you should probably make up some story about Dark Knights returning to Calradia and converting peasants to their cause (peasant troop tree thing). Then, I recommend adding in a faction of Dark Knights, giving them 1 huge capital city (make the scene have skulls, blood...etc) and then simply adding an introduction in module_game_menus.py

These are just recommendations, but a mod with the amount of content above is usually considered small to medium- a good goal for you.
Your mod has a lot of interesting tweaks, all it needs is a sense of direction.

Well if you make it, I suggest you make it public. It sounds interesting.
You wish to make farmers upgrade to undead?
Then you might want to explain how they suddenly become undead.
Why not a whole troop tree of undead, and give them a castle? Just a thought.

The manhunter bow/arrows that knock people out is interesting.
It would make taking prisoners a lot easier. Remember that.

Don't worry about the mod being close to the 'M&B classic' mod,
your ideas can change along the way. Besides Classic hasn't got undead in it  :smile:

Elenmmare's ideas sound good to me. Especially making a background story to the mod.

Good luck. I'll be downloading it  :grin:

Well, you spelt something wrong.

["undead_walker","Undead_Walker","Undead_Walker",tf_undead|tf_allways_fall_dead,0,0,fac_undeads,
  [itm_maul,itm_winged_mace,itm_mail_hauberk,itm_steel_shield,itm_nomad_boots,itm_leather_boots,itm_hunter],
  def_attrib|level(3),wp(60),knows_common,undead_face1, undead_face2],

Should be

tf_always_fall_dead

That should solve it. Good luck.

Natives does have a texture/model, find them in the textures folder. I'm not sure what the problem is then.

To pros: Is that tagged, (tf_allways_ fall_dead) actually mispelled in the official module system? Weird.

ok i will let u guys know what i have edit for my undead suppose to work but it seem still crash every thing i have touch to save it hope anyone can help

the tf_always_drop_dead is ok troop module is ok since i just change they faction to comonor and undead faction still don't work
the upgrade tree for farmer to undead is work perfectly because i can upgrade them with the trainer skill that i have test but still will crach if i go to battle with undead or talk to undead so i figure it out is skins problem

so i add in something that the undead in the skins module that suppose to be like empty i add face lift of undead same as male face lift
add white hair to them thats all
and the menu i also change start to have 5 farmer i change it to undead and is working fine also
some item tweek but i don't think is the problem in item module

so did i miss out something for the undead to walk freely

the story for this mod i have some idea is like this

you start as a profecies said one son of god (demon god) will come to human land in some time and some place witch is you.

so the demon warshiper all want you to join they cause witch mainly by 3 demon warshiper faction

1.undead objective is like make the whole world to undead minion
2.slave faction witch is enslave and toture the weak
3.the blood sister sister hood witch will drink anyone blood in battlefield

just an idea about the story

now main thing is to get the undead thing to work other can think later lol

yeah and for the undead faction cause i figure it like this every other human faction unit or troops can upgrade to undead minion at some point so you can have a pure undead minion even you recruite them at human town

yeah by the way later i will try to make some dark faction shield armor weapon for them to use and is after this major bug for my undead to work

Ok guys all the basic have fix the undead show probelly i have many flaw when making them oh well first time so i said sorry to you all.

i let u guys know the mistake i do so hope other people will know what to do if same (probelly not no one as stupid as me)

1.i put the undead walker level lower that farmer haha
2.at last i know what wrong from other post well hope i know it sooner the hair thing in the module ini
3.still don't know yet it seem fine now will try to add more thing later hope to get sugestion and please report bug and i will play myself so if got bug i know some also but for now everything seem fine

I like the idea. Mabye you should talk to the guy doing the undying lands mod. I would offer to help but I'm a bit busy with modding myself. I especialy like the demon son idea but for some reason it reminds me of blade.

anywhere should i continue my mod? is there any people playing my mod by the way some sugestion would be great if i can do it i will do it.

if what i cannot do help would be great.

if no sugestion i will change it to my liking i have chnage small tweek to my mod for now wanna change undead to really undead mean cannot kill but it cost alot of money to maintain the troop should balance it.

so you wanna keep whole army of undead soldier you gonna need alot of money to maintain it.

i have an idea for making all the faction i mean human faction somehow can change to they own undead troop like manhunter become undead manhunter(sample) virgis troops like knight can become virgis undead knight(sample) actually is not that hard to tweek like this only thing is eat time.

and will add some holy order for the human faction yeah and undead hunter party(if posible because abit hard to make)

and will make undead cannot be capture by enemy since enemy lord is human they will just burn the undead army they capture since the undead i make them cannot die just wounded.

tweek the morale because i think 15 for leadership is too much(or should i keep it that way).

create some unique weapon that is power only have one set in the whole world.

is a small tweek and add on anywhere if no people like it i will discontinue this mod and continue like normal as i play and add on something as i like probelly will not be release also and i will put in the source module for people to edit it also.

yeah i fix it already before i put the download link

for the current version should be bug free other that the exting bug that native have because my mod do not change much just edit some basic script and i check many many time what i change before i compile it and post it

the thing i change in my mod is listed above as you can see just edit some item name and add new hero that is not much other that that.

the only script i change is the morale that i curently working on it to make it more balance because for now if you have 10 leadership skill you will have 99 morale party nomatter what happen

future script i want to edit is the walking speed i want to make it walk faster abit so probelly will edit the athelic skill let it give minor extra boots for that skill and the hp skills forget what name wanna make it add 4 instead of 2 because i awnt the undead to be thougher because undead do not feel pain is natural is more harder to kill that human

oh yeah about the undead i will list down what advantage and disadvantage for them
advantage is yeah for future anysugestion will be usefull

Advantage:-
harder to kill
cannot die in battle unless you lose the battle

Disadvantage is :-
slower in walking speed and weapon speed
more expensive to keep them

by the way i not yet read the modding rule so i just expect everything they provide in the module that the website provide is edit able if i really do something that cannot be done please please let me know of it. so i will just edit it for my personal use and not release it :smile:

actually what i thinking now is should i make this small mod to medium mod or medium + mod
i think i have the skill to make it to medium mod since i like to learn new stuff and queit fast also and i understand some scripting and able to edit most of them is just time consuming and trial and error.

for now if i keep making update and add new stuff is abit too far already for my personal mod as it intented for from the start small mod or native edit mod.

and i actually want to add some different dialog for the npc in game i mean edit to more humor one example:-
go talk to king
King "(player name) what the hell are you doing here?!! you should be kicking the enemy a** and capture they castle for our country by now! There is no time for you to loitering here in front of me! By the way when you capture some prisoner Expecially woman you should take them for me to ahem *inspect first before you put them in jail. Oh well since you here already speak out what you want"

Ryan Tang said:
Advantage:-
harder to kill
cannot die in battle unless you lose the battle

Disadvantage is :-
slower in walking speed and weapon speed
more expensive to keep them
How did you do this?

eh sorry maybe i misleading with my bad english it mean it will die in battle like normal troops but only wouded at the end of battle if you win the battle at the end it will not be killed

Alec{zacool} said:
So, do you mean that, if your troops win the battle even if you get knocked out, you survive, but if they lose the battle after you are knocked out, you die???

This is possible.

The problem is that the player would be sat looking at the battle unable to move the camera for as long as it took for the battle to end. This is unless you work out a script and forumula to predict the outcome of the battle based on the active agents per team after the players demise (hawhaw). Check  out the "order your men to attack" script as I suspect it has somthing you can butcher to get it to do what you need.

Back
Top Bottom