[Werewolf] Werewolf High - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch3r said:
Suggests to me that Bowser is just a wolf trying to get a bandwagon-lynch going, by massing votes on a guy.

If you have a better idea of how to successfully lynch someone in a game of voting, I'm all ears, lasagna-brain!

E-xbz.jpg

"Werewolf high is a prestigious school, which dates back to the founding of this country. Not many people know this, but it was in fact the first High school ever built in America. That two of your classmates would treat the establishment, its staff, and their fellow students, with such disrespect as to ignore the warnings of its Principal, is deeply troubling, and an insult to the thousands of students who have studied [size=8pt]and died here throughout the long years. If I have not heard from The Mighty McLovin or Benno Maximus within the next 12 hours, I will retract the offer of a place at this school and seek more dedicated students to study here in their stead."[/size]

Orgasmo said:
To clarify, he says my argument of "wolves are unlikely to do X, so Bower is probably innocent" is WIFOM, but his argument can be written as "innocents are more likely to hunt, so Bowser is probably a wolf," which I would say is equally "WIFOM" if you want to define it that way. That's not what he explicitly said, but that is the thought process everyone goes through when they make judgements about other players. We all have preconceived notions of what we think is and isn't wolfish and tend to base our suspicions off them, which is why I think the belief that WIFOM should be discredited is stupid.
You brought the WIFOM argument into play in the first place. I voted Bowser because he was deliberately avoiding any real discussion, planting himself into a pretty safe spot with his roleplay. Of course he could be innocent, but why would he deliberately not offer any reasoning for his actions. I'm content keeping my vote on him since he just said he will not be offering any reasoning on purpose at all.

I think Bowser is conveniently dodging a bullet by exclaiming that he does not need to provide any rational explanation for his actions. He also jumped on a fitting bandwagon without seeming like an active perpetrator. Disregarding all WIFOM talk, this seems quite straightforward.

Vote: King Bowser

[quote author=Bodrax]We're talking about two different layers here. One is discussing actions. A player is either doing it or not. There is little room for interpretation there.[/quote]

As I said, they are interchangeable. I can alter the argument to be more clearly taking about actions, but it all comes down to the theory behind what you believe.

And there is a set of actions that are wolfish and one that isn't.

That's highly debatable. If things were so clear, the game would be easy.

What is and isn't wolfish isn't really a matter of opinion. Both sides have clearly defined, yet very different, goals.

Some actions are more wolfish or innocent than others, but saying that it isn't a matter of opinion is absurd because everyone is prone to making mistakes or playing suspiciously even if they believe they are properly hunting. I get what you are saying - things like ending the day prematurely or bandwagoning without reasoning are considered by nearly everyone to be bad - but the actions that are most clearly defined as wolfish are not often going to occur because people are aware of those things. Take "not hunting" as an example.
Everyone knows you need to hunt in order to look innocent, so why would a wolf deliberately want to avoid hunting? Sure, they might be having difficulty expressing their thoughts on others in a genuine manner because of their extra knowledge, but more often than not they find ways of managing. And wolves will want to influence the direction of the lynch, so not hunting could potentially come back to bite them. Basically, "not hunting" is just as bad for wolves as it is for innocents, so I find it unreliable in determining allegiance.

[quote author=McConor]. Of course he could be innocent, but why would he deliberately not offer any reasoning for his actions. I'm content keeping my vote on him since he just said he will not be offering any reasoning on purpose at all.[/quote]

Now you are starting to veer into WIFOM territory.  :wink:

Why would he? Probably because he doesn't give a **** and just wants to continue with a style of role play that should be a bannable in WW. But ask yourself "what does a wolf have to gain from his play?"

Orgasmo said:
But ask yourself "what does a wolf have to gain from his play?"
That some people won't lynch him because he's funny or think a wolf wouldn't act this high profile. For starters.

I don't mind the roleplaying or highprofile playstyle,, but his vote for Untitled, followed up by:
King Bowser said:
Arch3r said:
Suggests to me that Bowser is just a wolf trying to get a bandwagon-lynch going, by massing votes on a guy.

If you have a better idea of how to successfully lynch someone in a game of voting, I'm all ears, lasagna-brain!
indicates he wants to lynch him without actually accusing him of much, if anything at all.

Normally I would think you have a point, but I doubt that strategy would work in a game with newer players. Honestly, I'd be willing to lynch him because I'd say he isn't playing in the spirit of the game, but that's not how I like to roll.

Orgasmo said:
And there is a set of actions that are wolfish and one that isn't.

That's highly debatable. If things were so clear, the game would be easy.
But it is quite easy.  :iamamoron:

Jokes aside, things are somewhat clearly defined. The wolves goal is survival. Villagers want to lynch wolves. A player generally is going for one or the other.

Anyway, we need to lynch someone. Seem's like Bowser is the consensus. While I'm not opposed to the idea, I'd like to see if we can push this in some other direction.

Mclarge-Huge, I can't lynch Untitled today. I don't see him as suspicious. Anyone else you'd compromise on?

Yeah, during re-reading I got first some bad vibes from McConor (especially after he followed the early Bowser-wagon), but then I lost track of everything when he had some discussion about WIFOM with Phon...Dildo. Now I'm about to maybe buy a new car over the next few days and that sort of took  over my attention. So it's not a very educated guess right now.

Based on where I'm now, I'd say I'd compromise on McConor or Arch3r (based on your read mostly).

I'm not that big on Arch3r right now. Still a good lynch, but we probably have a better shot with a couple others.

I don't like Zhou announcing his unvote (that still hasn't come) and he shot up quite a bit in my list. Liefr post also got a lot of alarms ringing. And I'm still not comfortable with Rocketsheep.

What do you think about those three?

Orgasmo said:
4. Bodrax

The last two are hard to explain.
Because you're just making stuff up at this point. Or maybe you're just afraid of my awesome hunting skills.  :iamamoron:

Untitled. said:
I'm also not sober.
Drunk is the best way to play WW. Bonus points for drunk phone posting.

I'm back, and I see you noodle-noses still haven't got a clue!  :iamamoron: It figures that you don't know how to handle the awesome might and brilliance of the great King of all the Koopas. I shouldn't have expected anything more from you macarconi mouths!  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom