Hunting Bandits Quest Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Trynt

Recruit
First of, I really really do enjoy this mod, but there is one issue that just makes doing town (not villages) quests almost not worth it.
Almost every time I go for a town quest, it's to hunt down bandits (Or slavers, or vanguards or what have you) and practically 9 out of 10 times I accept it, the quest instantly fails in less than five seconds. What causes this and why? Is it a bug in the code? And if I go back to the town to hopefully get another quest, I can't get one, so that town is almost locked out for quests. Is there a fix to this solution or is it just advisable to NOT do town quests?

Update: I SORT of found a solution.
With cheats if I have the map reveal thing set and I accept a quest, I have to look through the entire map for the bandit group (which is often on the other side of the map from where I am), and I have to use the teleport cheat to get to them or else the quest will fail within a few seconds. And I haven't tested it (since I'm paranoid) but maybe the quest can still succeed if I kill them after the quest fails thing happens. If that's true, then that makes even less sense than the quest nearly instantly failing. At least a solution is found (Although not a clean one, still requires cheats which I wouldn't be using if it wasn't for this issue)

Trynt said:
Update: I SORT of found a solution.
With cheats if I have the map reveal thing set and I accept a quest, I have to look through the entire map for the bandit group (which is often on the other side of the map from where I am), and I have to use the teleport cheat to get to them or else the quest will fail within a few seconds. And I haven't tested it (since I'm paranoid) but maybe the quest can still succeed if I kill them after the quest fails thing happens. If that's true, then that makes even less sense than the quest nearly instantly failing. At least a solution is found (Although not a clean one, still requires cheats which I wouldn't be using if it wasn't for this issue)

I've been using the teleport cheat too to complete a few of them to get positive relations with towns (to start enterprises). The quest will succeed normally if you kill them immediately but if you follow them around (5 sec or so) it will fail even if you had the party in your sight.

Joonas612 said:
I've been using the teleport cheat too to complete a few of them to get positive relations with towns (to start enterprises). The quest will succeed normally if you kill them immediately but if you follow them around (5 sec or so) it will fail even if you had the party in your sight.
It's weird, I just thought the quest fails because it gives you a party that's already killed (like it says on the fail text), but no, they're up and walking around in the world map. And they have to be killed instantly or else things are broken. At least it seems like after you pass the "Hunt down bandits" quest, other quests thankfully open up.

Back
Top Bottom