Rigale v12.40 (& Diplomacy & the kitchen sink) BUG REPORTS here please

Users who are viewing this thread

I have waited for a new release, hoping that my problem whit the hunting ground was somehow resolved, i downloaded the v12 3 times, installed every time in a fresh installation of warband that i redownloaded 2 times, i tried even the submod, but still i have problems whit it: when i click on an hunting ground i get this message:
http://s23.postimg.org/vaphw0kuz/warband_1.png
and the camp become unclickable, if i save and reload the camp will not be here anymore, evenafter waiting some time, this waiting lead me to another problem:
http://s23.postimg.org/ch3oz0mmz/warband_2.png
this is my weekly report (i am using the test character)

picard65 said:
I have waited for a new release, hoping that my problem whit the hunting ground was somehow resolved, i downloaded the v12 3 times, installed every time in a fresh installation of warband that i redownloaded 2 times, i tried even the submod, but still i have problems whit it: when i click on an hunting ground i get this message:
and the camp become unclickable, if i save and reload the camp will not be here anymore, evenafter waiting some time, this waiting lead me to another problem:

I can assume you have "tools" in inventory, someplace?  Else you can't hunt.
  But it should tell you this.  It may be trying to tell you but if cheat menu is on then the message may be hidden.

I haven't found a hunting spot in my current play through but there used to be one not far from Curaw. 
  I glanced briefly at the code just now (game_menus.py line 24423) but didn't see anything wrong except the need for tools, which was there before but this time the check for tools is less specific (anywhere in inventory).

Maybe hunting is messed up, I'll have to look at it next week after my big test at work.
  Somehow I put time into a hobby but nothing into work, so I best fix that suddenly  :smile:

- GS

Yes, i have, whit the test character it will give you 2 tools, if this can help i had problems whit beta 11 too as you can see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3EIDbW_0Q
but in v10 it work well.
As i didn't have read anything from other, it may just be my pc not liking hunting, but i can't realy try to reformat anything :sad:

I came across an injured man by the side of the road and he died in my arms, after which I found a treasure map near him.  But then there was another injured man, and another, and another (succeeding skill check goes back to that screen, failing skill check goes back to that screen (maybe after looting a map)).  Trying to pass him by had no effect either.  I couldn't exit the screen any way and had to kill the process in task manager.

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but is there a different way to rest than the usual waiting in town or a camp?  My party is and stays utterly exhausted even after days of lounging around in town, and I've never seen a Camping check, only Wandering skill checks.  I've tried singing to the party, but it's not enough it seems.

Thank you.

Teggs said:
I came across an injured man by the side of the road and he died in my arms, after which I found a treasure map near him.  But then there was another injured man, and another, and another (succeeding skill check goes back to that screen, failing skill check goes back to that screen (maybe after looting a map)).  Trying to pass him by had no effect either.  I couldn't exit the screen any way and had to kill the process in task manager.

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but is there a different way to rest than the usual waiting in town or a camp?  My party is and stays utterly exhausted even after days of lounging around in town, and I've never seen a Camping check, only Wandering skill checks.  I've tried singing to the party, but it's not enough it seems.

Thank you.

I decided it was recovering rest too slowly also.
  I'll put a patch 2 up right now.  Look for it in downloads...

- GS

picard65 said:

Yes I also had a hunting spot open, act strangely and disappear
  I'm making little tweaks here and there every few days I may have some hot patches.  I don't expect any to break savegames
but if I change something enough that there's a risk I'll mention it.  I may go back to the hunting from last month, even with the need to equip tools in top left slot while I sort this out. 

- GS

I'll have a source code update and general Rigale patch for things found / fixed (maybe) in Phosphor.
  Not enough people wanted to test Rigale by itself so I felt if it had a few more bells and whistles like Perisno it might get
more attention.  There are plenty of things that need testing, especially when welding in Diplomacy it needs a middle to late game to even see if a feature is active, which won't happen when 2 testers play for 2 hours each.  Worse if I am one of the 2 testers  :wink:

Thus the time wasted elsewhere.
  It's a pity as Cernunos deserves better from me; he managed to get himself tossed and I havent really kept everything focused on Rigale enough.  One thing I appreciate is just exactly how much realism he tried to put into Rigale -- mnay people can't just camp anywhere and wake up refreshed.  Food does go rotten.  You do travel slowly while lost.  etc.

It's fun to see what people complain about ("guns don't belong in a medieval game, but wyverns are acceptable").
  It's a pity though I took his relatively ..hmm "bug lite" Rigale and made it "Phosphor - so many bugs you'll think you parachuted into the Amazon".  But then again, I really like Amazons...  but thats a different topic.

- GS

just tried this mod today after playing for about 15 minutes.
I got a very dark screen and a picture of what looks like a camp in bottom right.
before the crash I noticed everything seems to be dark in general.

Joelnh said:
just tried this mod today after playing for about 15 minutes.
I got a very dark screen and a picture of what looks like a camp in bottom right.
before the crash I noticed everything seems to be dark in general.

that may be payday.  On some older revs I would get that where it looked dark and the continue button was not visible.
You could continue if you moved the mouse along the bottom and the green 'continue" highlights to where you can press it. 
If so the same screen occurs in the "budget report" (its the same presentation).  Since I hadn't seen that in some time I
presumed it was no longer an issue.

Had you patched over Perisno or downloaded the full "phosphor.7z"?  And if over a Perisno, do you remember which Perisno version that was?
I don't think you'd have this from the full phosphor.7z download + patchv08

I'll put up a patched in phosphor.7z with patch v08, it's at patch v06 at the moment. 

- GS

I downloaded the full and put it in it's own directory. I just tried this again and the black screen happened and was able to continue past it once I found the continue as you mentioned.

is Sargoth supposed to be called Nordous ?

Also noticed that fatigue isn't going down when resting in a town, unless thats by design with a low skill.

**just figured out that the black screen is the weekly budget, but you may of already knew that  :lol:

Auto loot setup screen is all black except the buttons, check box and character picture. same for the auto sell and auto buy food screens.

Rigale v12.1  = in progress =
DONE so far:
  adjusted starting inheritances, skills and crafting/gathering skills according to background choices
    made a tiny readme listing inheritances and skills by each choice in the creation process
  buffed skills for apprentice and craftsmen backgrounds
  fixed troubadour not getting bard skills, typo on one line.  Fixed issue with troubador guild membership status.
  shaman skill given to all newly created characters, male = 3, female = 4

tuned starting economy to be able to better live as a pure trader
  doubled profitability and costs of enterprises

fixed error in showing cooking ingredients (when filtering rotten items from recipes)
  more food types go rotten and added dried fruit, raisins, smoked meat/fish recipes to cookery
    this somewhat duplicates "food preservation - smoking" but needs to happen in a town that isnt in an epidemic.
    the civilization skill happens anywhere in the wilderness and also wastes less food.

increased odds per guild in each town to 50%
                in capital cities 75%
  added a few recipes
  adjusted guild buy back prices and guild items for sale to make crafting easier
  compagnon guild training now claims to need 13 hours instead of 1 day
  lessons are more efficient -- 1/3 more progress per lesson

harvest nodes restock faster (12-17 days instead of around 30 days)
  more guilds in capitals (3/4 chance), else 50% chance in smaller towns
  hunting nodes had one outcome not show furs, fixed.

found & fixed an error blocking recovery of fatigue in town.  Pho needed it too, although it was less noticeable due to a  workaround there.
  wandering speed is buffed at different fatigue levels; players move faster now when they have decent pathfinding
  camping and pathfinding is buffed if you have certain units:
    {slave hunter, slave crusher, slaver chief, master scout, master hunter,
      neanderthal hunter, great hunter, and warchief; (also the following troops earned through knowledge advancements):
      Zulu veteran, Great game hunter regular and veteran, Poacher veteran, Numidian horseman veteran}

buffed waiting at town slightly and manor in village much more (no place like home)
  fixed reading books issue.  Books should give progress as well now, but needs testing.

added 2 more ransom brokers
  modmerger formations removed
    mini map is still included

as well as full, updated source code!
----
  notes from testing:

Test shows the resting in town still isnt working the way I want it to, so I will not release until tomorrow.
  Corrections from above are installed at Pho v15 as well.

Open issues seen testing:
  1) error at simple_triggers  trigger #30  Lords AI  <-- when I solve this I think it will be stable
  2) scenes off in taverns, inconsistent.  Got a seige map once instead of tavern; got a prison once yesterday.
  3) drinks (Ale, Wine) don't have morale bonus at the moment
  4) weekly budget still thinks the fishing spots are fiefs that belong to you
  5) haven't looked at auto-loot/auto-sell (both require looting skill == 2 or higher by the way)

Partly I wanted to test Pho with fewer Perisno features at the moment...

- GS

Rigale v12.30 source code release is coming along but I still have several open issues to close this weekend or first half of next week.

open issues remaining:
1) first bandit camp mission quest fails at 4 kidnappers; that party now has an extra wizard apprentice that breaks the test to continue the dialog
2) the first fights gave a picture of the player already captive, which probably doesn't contribute to player confidence  :wink:
3) the mod picture itself is ugly for Curtain of Fire; I should use a fractal for this and Phosphor v21 (hopefully DIFFERENT fractals)  :0

5) there is still an ugly pattern on the inventory squares fro the troop tree and "all items" presentations.  this doesn't happen in Phosphor,
  nor in Perisno, so it is even more unsettling.  I trace this to mesh  inv_slot  from  resource user_interface_b.brf    but it still doesn't seem
resolved.
EDIT: Sat 10/10/15
6)  making cooking raisins or dried fruit adds an 'invalid item", from the same script that adds wasted leather and leather strips to leatherwork crafting.
These invalid items can't be gotten rid of normally, they accumulate in inventory.  I should thus make a simple_triggers driven action to clear the inventory of any "invalid items" found and edit the script that makes food items.  That script was already cleaned up in Phosphor so I should pull it from there.

7) The ammunition given wizards in bandit groups is the wrong type for their weapons, making their main attacks useless.  I need to switch to the 20 cartridges type (standard cartridges), which work, instead of the "magician's charm" 12 shot variety, which fails.  Pity that.  That's an entry in troops.py
that needs to reference the correct type of ammunition from items.py

:cool: I should increase the effect of pathfinding skill and allow a boost from certain troop types to compensate for slow movement after battles. 
  You can also set movement speed after battles higher by camp: strategic options: choose the selection for ignore wounds in travelling  which kills some of your wounded or wounds the men worse but they travel full speed.

9) Fatigue happens too quickly and is too hard to remove from sleep in towns so the towns effect on fatigue removal should be higher.  This was already done in Phosphor, I just need to copy the changes across (which means finding them again - nothing is so easy as it looks).

10) in troops the number of wizards and summoners especially should be lowered for bandit groups.  Summoners are like aircraft carriers; they bring a lot of heavy troops you didn't expect into battle very fast.  This is by plan but there should not be more than 3-4 at worst, now there are 6 it is too many.
I should lower the number of troops 1 summoner can summon also, which is an adjustment at items.

11) there are doubtless other issues but those I saw in testing this morning.

- GS

Is this where we post bugs for the new version of Rigale?

The menu for selecting auto loot settings for party members is broken. Clicking on the weapons doesn't work.

Moving backwards on a horse while firing the "gun" magic weapons instantly kills you. You probably step right into the stream as it's firing. It can even happen when just moving backwards on foot.

The summoning spells will cause error messages when used but function normally. It also causes errors when the guys you summon use their own summoning spells.

It's probably intentional, but magic casters can friendly fire and kill their own team mates.

I'll post more bugs as I find them.

Looking forward to seeing the magic in use, but I have bit of a problem and not sure if it is only on my side or where the problem is. If I try and set-up my companion's auto-loot, the screen is all messed up and out of place. Subsequently I cannot click on or activate the weapon choices, or use the 'Apply to everyone" buttons.

Image%202015-11-09%20at%207.53.22%20AM.png

After camping outside, when I start moving again, I don't switch back to the horse icon. Instead the tent moves around the main map.

Marinxar said:
Looking forward to seeing the magic in use, but I have bit of a problem and not sure if it is only on my side or where the problem is. If I try and set-up my companion's auto-loot, the screen is all messed up and out of place. Subsequently I cannot click on or activate the weapon choices, or use the 'Apply to everyone" buttons.

Image%202015-11-09%20at%207.53.22%20AM.png

After camping outside, when I start moving again, I don't switch back to the horse icon. Instead the tent moves around the main map.

I'll look into this after I finish Phosphor v21r5 , as many of the improvements developing now should add to Rigale v12.40
    specifically magic is getting updated considerably, and some of that will be back ported here so that many mods can have magic if they wish.
    Magic is fairly buggy for Rigale 12.40 and I think getting cleaner for the Pho v21 series.  I expect the rollout for Pho v21 to busy me 2 weeks.

I have not investigated auto-loot so I'll have to look at it further.

camping icon moving: I had noticed that and fixed it for Pho v21r5 Test D.  I'll have to see if I can port that back.  The work-around if to go to camp menu and choose  "resume travelling", which toggled the mode for you.  But in Pho it just noticed you were moving and switched states, heh.  Obviously better for the player to have fewer things to need to manage...

FrijolitoJR said:
I found a awesome bug...
2 Lezalits!!!

This is something I know the fix for:
  both the module_mission_templates.py  and PBOD_mission_templates.py have independent instances of nearly identical bodyguard code;
so the correct fix is to remove bodyguards from one of them.  You can disable one of the bodyguards already by entering PBOD settings from camp menu and disabling bodyguards -- this turns off ONE bodyguard but not the other.  A better long term fix is to pull the bodyguard code from module_mission_templates.py, so that the last remaining bodyguard can be toggled on and off at PBOD settings.

I'll be busy at Warsword Conquest the next two weeks, and I'll consider a next generation replacement of Phosphor some time after that, with some back patching of the last magic and bodyguards for Rigale (as the next magic system will be deeply different, but Phosphor gained much experience in fixing up Rigale / CoF magic.)

- GS

here's an updated Dodge code snippet for module_mission_templates.py
  it assumes you've set a new global variable  $g_dodge_control  to any value 0 or 1 already in script_game_start    1 turns OFF dodge completely 0 is normal
  it further adds agi in scaling dodge according to projectile speeds, in response to a request by Daumor to have agi play a direct role
      and Warsword Conquest request to not have dodge apply to firearms.  Heres something in between to cover all weapons, including crossbows

Code:
#################### GS Rigale dodge and iron flesh adds ###################
#rigale
#Damage simulation code example by xenoargh
#Makes Ironflesh reduce damage (i.e., it's actually worth putting points into in SP)
#Makes Athletics also give an 'auto-dodge' or 'roll with punch' that reduces damage to a minimum
common_damage_system = (
    ti_on_agent_hit, 0, 0, 
    [],
    [
    (store_trigger_param, ":agent",1),
    (store_trigger_param, ":attacker",2),
    (store_trigger_param, ":damage",3),

### from header_triggers
    # Trigger Param 1: damage inflicted agent_id
    # Trigger Param 2: damage dealer agent_id
    # Trigger Param 3: inflicted damage
    # Register 0: damage dealer item_id
    # Position Register 0: position of the blow
    #                      rotation gives the direction of the blow
    # Trigger result: if returned result is greater than or equal to zero, inflicted damage is set to the value specified by the module.

(assign, ":damaging_item_id", reg0),    # GS this will be the item that is trying to hit us
    (item_get_missile_speed, ":dmg_missile_speed", ":damaging_item_id"),

(assign,":orig_damage",":damage"),

(agent_get_troop_id, ":troop", ":agent"),
    (agent_get_troop_id, ":attacker_troop", ":attacker"),

(store_skill_level, ":ironflesh",  "skl_ironflesh", ":troop"),
#   (store_skill_level, ":athletics_dodge",  "skl_athletics", ":troop"),
    (troop_get_slot, ":athletics_dodge", ":troop", slot_eff_athletics),  # (troop_get_slot, <destination>, <troop_id>, <slot_no>),
    (val_clamp, ":athletics_dodge", 0, 11),     # just to be sure nothing is > 10 athletics
    (troop_get_slot, ":dodge_type", ":troop", slot_troop_dodge_type),   # GS new 
    (val_clamp, ":dodge_type", -4, 6),          # make sure it never gets > 5 through corruption or other means

#Damage is lowered 3% per point of Ironflesh.
    (try_begin),
	(gt, ":ironflesh", 0),
        (agent_is_human,":agent"), #rigale pour chevaux pas ironflesh
	(val_mul, ":ironflesh", 3),
	(assign, ":mod_damage", ":damage"),
	(val_mul, ":mod_damage", ":ironflesh"),
	(val_div, ":mod_damage", 100),
	#Rounded here, but whatever.		
	(val_sub, ":damage", ":mod_damage"),
	(assign,reg1,":mod_damage"),
	(try_begin),
            (eq, ":troop", "trp_player"),				
	    (display_message, "@Ironflesh soaked {reg1} damage."),			
	(try_end),
    (try_end),	

##Critical hits for missiles	
	# (try_begin),		
	#   (is_between, reg0, ranged_weapons_begin, ranged_weapons_end),#special def in Blood and Steel source		
	#   (store_random_in_range, ":random_no", 1, 100),		
	#   (store_proficiency_level,	

#   (try_begin),			
	#       (le, ":random_no", 5),			
	#       (val_max, ":damage", 20),		
	#   (try_end),	
	# (else_try),		#Random critical hits, 3% per point of Combat Training (formerly Tactics)		
	#   (store_skill_level, ":combat_training",  "skl_combat_training", ":attacker_troop"),		
	#   (val_mul, ":combat_training", 3),#3 percent chance per level, per hit		
	#   (store_random_in_range, ":random", 1, 100),		
	#   (try_begin),			
	#       (le, ":random", ":combat_training"),					
	#       (neg|agent_is_ally,":agent"),#don't critically hit non-allies			
	#       (val_max, ":damage", 7),			
	#       (val_mul, ":damage", 3),		
	#   (try_end),	
	# (try_end),		

#Damage is avoided 3% per point of Athletics    # GS .76r3 changed so it now varies by encumbrance
    (try_begin),
        (gt, ":athletics_dodge", 0),    # GS some chance of actual dodge; needs athletics to be at least 1
                                        #    checking slot "effective_athletics" because a hero constantly changes gear so athletics cant be modified directly
                                        #    unlike regular troops, else recovering original athletics will be impossible.  So instead we have effective_athletics stored
                                        # by script_ce_put_troop_encumbrance  called in scripts   script_start_game
        (neg|eq, "$g_dodge_control", 1),    # GS second chance to disable dodge

(try_begin),    # GS .76r3  now :dodge_type is a value (between -4 and 5)
            (ge, ":dodge_type", 0), # GS some chance of actual dodge
            (val_mul, ":athletics_dodge", ":dodge_type"),       # GS let's recap: dodge type was set in script_ce_put_troop_encumbrance @ lines 1475 and 1480 in scripts   script_start_game
            (store_random_in_range, ":random_no", 1, 100),

## GS here I want to add something new to (greatly) reduce chance to dodge bullets and crossbow bolts
            (store_attribute_level, ":def_agility", ":troop", ca_agility),
            (store_mul, ":speed_adjust", ":def_agility", 2),
            (try_begin),
                (gt, ":dmg_missile_speed", 0),      # GS there IS a missile weapon in use...
                (val_sub, ":dmg_missile_speed", ":speed_adjust"),
                (lt, ":dmg_missile_speed", 0),      # looking for things faster than this
                (val_add, ":random_no", ":dmg_missile_speed"),  # it just got harder to dodge fast projectiles.  It should be extremely hard to dodge bullets now
                                                                # this is faster code than looking for weapons ranges or classes, as it applies also to crossbows and scales from agi
            (try_end),

(try_begin),			
                (le, ":random_no", ":athletics_dodge"),	        # GS if athletics is less, dodge is less.  If encumbrance is less, dodge is greater.  It can _never_ be > 50%		
                (assign, ":damage", 1),			
                (try_begin),				
                    (display_message, "@You dodge the attack!",0x339900),			
                (else_try),
                    (eq, ":attacker_troop", "trp_player"),
                    (call_script, "script_dplmc_store_troop_is_female_reg", ":troop", 4), # GS gender = reg4 
                    (display_message, "@{reg4?She:He} dodges the attack!"),	# GS most likely this is wrong gender for non-humans		
                (try_end),					
            (try_end),
        (else_try),   # GS over burdened, so no dodge but now check to amplify damage!!  implicit < 0 value here for :dodge_type
            (val_max, ":dodge_type", -4),           # GS let's make sure this never gets beyond the lowest value from script_ce_put_troop_encumbrance
            (val_abs, ":dodge_type"),               # GS convert to positive number
            (val_mul, ":dodge_type", 4),
            (assign, ":mod_damage", ":damage"),
            (val_mul, ":mod_damage", ":dodge_type"),
            (val_div, ":mod_damage", 100),
	    #Rounded here, but whatever.		
            (val_add, ":damage", ":mod_damage"),    # GS and now the damage is amplified, so does more damage to persons too encumbered to dodge, regardless of athletics 
        (try_end),
    (try_end),

(store_sub, ":diff_damage", ":damage", ":orig_damage"),	# GS here the interest is to have a positive number to list the ADDED damage amount

(try_begin), #rigale
    #   (eq,":diff_damage",0),(eq, ":troop", "trp_player"),	(agent_is_human,":agent"),(display_message,"@You suffer a very light wound",0xFFCCCC),
#   (else_try),
	(is_between,":damage",0,10),
	(agent_is_human,":agent"),	
	(display_message,"@You suffer a light wound",0xFFCCCC),
    (else_try),
	(is_between,":damage",10,20),
	(display_message,"@You suffer a serious wound",0xFF6666),
    (else_try),
	(ge,":damage",20),
	(display_message,"@You suffer a critical wound",0xCC0000),
    (try_end),

(val_mul, ":diff_damage", -1),	                    # 
    (store_agent_hit_points, ":hitpoints" , ":agent", 1),	
    (val_add, ":hitpoints", ":diff_damage"),                # GS which is the same as subtracting :diff_damage from :hitpoints	
    (agent_set_hit_points,":agent",":hitpoints",1),

#   (val_mul, ":diff_damage", -1),#rigale check wound	
    #   (try_begin),
	#   (eq, ":troop", "trp_player"),
	#   (agent_is_human,":agent"),		

#   (try_begin), #rigale
	    #   (is_between,":diff_damage",1,10),
	    #   (display_message,"@You suffer a light wound",0xFFCCCC),
	#   (else_try),
	#       (is_between,":diff_damage",10,20),
	#       (display_message,"@You suffer a serious wound",0xFF6666),
	#   (else_try),