Can't Access Gamersgate Webpage From Laptop Browser

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadius 2.0

Grandmaster Knight
My phone can connect to the website from the same router, and the site doesn't seem to be down for anyone else. I think this might have something to do with clearing my cookies and history a few weeks back.

Anyone have the same problem before (and fixes)?

Update 1:
Tried resetting router, nothing chanbged.
Tried turning off the firewall on the router, still nothing.
Changed DNS, still nothing.
Rebooted in safemode with networking, still nothing.
Updated firmware on the router.
Tried firefox, IE, and chrome on the same laptop.
End processed of all security funtions on comp.
Downloaded game download file on phone, transfered to comp, and then tried to run it. Result was no connection to server followed by a request for login information which too could not connect to server.
Tried to access site from a different computer, a desktop, and thebwebsite also timed out, unlike my phone on the same router connection.

I think it might have something to do with a file on my laptop that deals with identification that the site and server tries to access whenever the webpage and download client is pulled up, but isn't directly held in the areas where browser history is held, but nevertheless has integral bits stored in browser history. Gonna take a look at temp files (AppData) and maybe the registry if nothing comes up.

Another guess could be a block by the ISP, needed to talk to them about something else anyway.

Recovered access today. I remember updating the newtwork adaptors in my laptop yesterday that required a reset, but only got around to it today.

Edit:

Looks like someone looked into the support ticket :grin:.

Hello __________

Indeed it seems that customers from certain locations were not able to access our site. Apologies for the hassle. We have changed some things and hope that the issue is fixed now, please try again.

Please get back to me if the problems persist. In that case, if you know how to produce a traceroute, it would help to attach one to this ticket. If you don't know what this is, don't worry about it (it requires rather specific computer and networking expertise).

Kind regards,

Back
Top Bottom