What's my bottleneck here?

Users who are viewing this thread

momcilo94

Sergeant Knight at Arms
GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10Ghz
8GB RAM
and an 80gb ssd

If you need more info let me know, anyway, I would like to know what's my bottleneck here if I even have it and what would I need to upgrade? Thanks in advance.

the GPU absolutely, try upgrading to a gtx760, 770 or such. Below 60 (ie 750, 740...) the gpu starts getting a bit crappy. Regardless, yours isn't bad, it isn't enough for running current games at high smoothly though.
all the rest is quite good for any game.

Well of course not every game nowadays demands a decent graphic performance, but he could be better off not settling with a gpu that won't be very efficient for much longer if he has the choice, given the technology's constant advance.

Overgaul said:
the GPU absolutely, try upgrading to a gtx760, 770 or such. Below 60 (ie 750, 740...) the gpu starts getting a bit crappy. Regardless, yours isn't bad, it isn't enough for running current games at high smoothly though.
all the rest is quite good for any game.

I'm even pleased with low settings as long as the fps is good, just wanted to know what to upgrade first if I ever wanted to. And yeah, I heard that the nvidia graphic cards with nr. 50 in them arent really ment for gaming, looks like If I ever plan to upgrade I'll get a new graphic card first, thanks for the helpful info guys!

Those specs look decent for playing any new game out there (just maybe not on highest graphic settings).
You should wait and only upgrade when necessary.
GPU upgrade and/or faster RAM (you didn't specify that. Some vendors put ****ty RAM in their PCs because people only think in size).

GiipaGips said:
Power supply?
Dunno, when I got this PC for my 18th birthday, I got it from a friend who builds custom computers, I supplied him with the built I wanted and he filled in the rest, like the power supply and case and stuff, so I don't know the exact number there, just know it's been working well for around two years now.

Phonemelter said:
I think you need a monitor.
CRT SyncMaster 795MB @ 1024x768, 85hz... ye I am working on getting a new monitor xD

Adorno said:
Those specs look decent for playing any new game out there (just maybe not on highest graphic settings).
You should wait and only upgrade when necessary.
GPU upgrade and/or faster RAM (you didn't specify that. Some vendors put ****ty RAM in their PCs because people only think in size).
My ram is 8GB DDR3 running at 799.9 Mhz, I think a friend once told me that's low Mhz for RAM, could anyone confirm this?

J said:
Who knows, a motherboard could work as a great bottleneck as well. But we don't need to know 'bout that one, do we? :razz:
Motherboard is Z77A-G45(MS-7752), If I remember correctly I picked the cheapest one I could find that could support my specs. Didn't know a motherboard could cause bottlenecks.

Here's my DxDiag and CPU-Z reports If you're interested in my full specs:

DxDiag
http://m.uploadedit.com/b044/1422020217719.txt

CPU-Z
http://m.uploadedit.com/b044/1422020427833.txt

Back
Top Bottom