Tournaments are retardedly imbalanced and arbitrary

Users who are viewing this thread

abadgaem

Veteran
There are many times in which I've been given only a seaxe and no shield while my opponent gets a sword/spear + shield combo.  WTF I CAN'T EVEN BLOCK THIS IS BULL****.  Seriously what the ****, god this is frustrating.

Attack in the direction that the enemy attacks, but a moment later. Up and down count as one direction, so spear and shield is easy.

Free pro lesson ^ - wow, such amazing value. You'll start to get better in no time.

Still better than vanilla, where you would be given only some javelins, in a 1 vs 1 vs a guy with shield and sword.

i like the tournaments much more than in native, you know what?! i like no 2 handed weapons in tournaments it was to easy. or mean "unfair" when you had to fight 3 or more..
for those wich need 2 handed weapons, put your shild away and take your speer in 2 hands....  :wink:
also, pick up the weapons or shields from the ground?

would like to see more rounds with a lot of more fighters  :lol:

abadgaem said:
There are many times in which I've been given only a seaxe and no shield while my opponent gets a sword/spear + shield combo.  WTF I CAN'T EVEN BLOCK THIS IS BULL****.  Seriously what the ****, god this is frustrating.

Is your strength high enough to hold a sword?

Tournamets are a great fun here. Sure there are times when you get a seax when enemy has a sword and a shield, but imagine its a setup because you are fighting great jarl 1v1 or something and noone wants him to lose.

Besides its much more fun to win if opponent has shield and javs and you only seax - dodge his javs, take one to be able to block and stick it in his face.

Plus if you dont order commands to your bots during tournaments its a sure loss, because with facehugging spambots you have low chance to with even 1v2.

Anyway tournaments and sea battles are the most fun things here.

Its either you can keep your gear (ACOK) or random gear.

Random gear means random challenge. You can get a weapon you are bad with it. Prove that you are a great warrior and adapt to the situation.

You can stay behind and let the bots kill each other. Then get a weapon from the ground.

You can flank and attack bots from behind. No skill needed.

Or you can attack and learn how to use other weapons combos in the game. You may even get surprised and learn a new style.

They get full access to Warband's source and they don't even bother replacing the awful tournaments.
Or did they find some evidence that people used to fight each other with colofur tunics back then?

Tovias said:
They get full access to Warband's source and they don't even bother replacing the awful tournaments.
Or did they find some evidence that people used to fight each other with colofur tunics back then?

Thats like saying: I dont like this. They should do it my way. Otherwise it sucks. Cause its not the way I like it.

Seax is actually fun. When I had teammates I told everyone to hold a corner of the map. Most of the other parties killed each other. When the remnants came for us...I just let them attack my teammates and I backstabbed.

Seax is a speed weapon. 1 on 1 I sidestepped (sometimes got hit) and closed the distance. If you really hug a spear guy, they can't extend their weapon. Spam the heck out of yours. Worked for me.

If it's 1 vs multiple let them stack on each other (warband AI) and backpedal and slash for your life. Worked for me...or pick up another wep.

Tournaments are actually something I enjoy. Especially since the spear is a lot like a NW musket.

Floris got tournaments perfect, Im surprised they just ignored it  and left tournaments as they always were in native, unfair and frustrating.

Radix said:
Floris got tournaments perfect, Im surprised they just ignored it  and left tournaments as they always were in native, unfair and frustrating.

I HATE Floris tournaments. It never feels like a challenge, when I win it just feels like I've abused the sliders in just the right way.
I like the jousting from ad 1257 personally, but that probably wouldn't line up well here.

kalarhan said:
Thats like saying: I dont like this. They should do it my way. Otherwise it sucks. Cause its not the way I like it.
No, it's more like saying "They didn't fixed one of the biggest flaws of the game even though they had the means to, good god"
Not only does it use the same stupid system from native with its randomized weapon and team system but to make it worse it has the unbalanced stats of Viking Conquest.
If you want to see Tournaments done right look at 1257 AD.

Grimes said:
I HATE Floris tournaments. It never feels like a challenge, when I win it just feels like I've abused the sliders in just the right way.
I like the jousting from ad 1257 personally, but that probably wouldn't line up well here.
I also dislike Floris tournaments, mostly because the AI is constantly stealing my kills and that they take way too long. Also, I don't see how it wouldn't line up well here, they just need to use the same system the slavic tournaments do, on foot.

Tovias said:
kalarhan said:
No, it's more like saying "They didn't fixed one of the biggest flaws of the game even though they had the means to, good god"
Not only does it use the same stupid system from native with its randomized weapon and team system but to make it worse it has the unbalanced stats of Viking Conquest.
If you want to see Tournaments done right look at 1257 AD.

only way to respond to that is a self quote:
"Thats like saying: I dont like this. They should do it my way. Otherwise it sucks. Cause its not the way I like it."

Back
Top Bottom