The Eagle and The Radiant Cross Old Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried going Tribal? I mean... it hasn't been done.  :lol:

Topless, crazed blowgun toting stabby people!

You're going for Warhammer? Go for WH40k as well! Base them off primitive (not too many on the melee, go for shooty stuff, but no guns) Tau (with the ideals of the "Greater Good" et al)!

This looks interesting...

EDIT: After playing around for a few hours, I noticed something odd:

It's damned hard to get a hold of a gun! Is there a way to add them to the stores list?

1.Whats with the Eastern Empire names for Elllis,are you going to base the Ellis on the ancient greeks or the medieval greeks because I personally thing the latter would make a better faction.Woot imagine ,Empire knights against Ellisian cataphracts
2.Base the Nords loosly on the Danes or Swedish(Huscarls,carls,etc)
3.Vaegirs can be based on the Turks,Novgorod or Kiev etc.
Interesting mod,it's a blast to play.

Aaw, no guns to play with yet then.  :sad:

Oh well. Hitting ppl over the head and throwing things at them has worked for thousands of years, so i guess i can wait for the next release to be able to get me a gun. ^^

I've played this mod with max stats char. and I want to present my opinion.(My English isn't perfect so try to understand me ^^)

-I eqiupped guns and i think that pistol is ok, but arqebous -.- when I aim target I have to wait until shoot, long realoding ( no match with bow)
-Swadians are much stronger and This is good, in native 1hit=dead and in this mod knight can get 2 hits for about 80hp (o_O), also how they look is perfect, knight look like real knight, charger+ full plate armor looks great
-Elin Empire is nearly done, but the elite pikemans are great !!! when they made formation i couldn't get them beacuse their pikes are very long(pikes+big shield also look wonderful) I hope when i would have to besiege castle and counter them won't be so hard, and i don't have to use secret passages trought castle walls.

I think that's all for now ! Good work.

Snook said:
It's damned hard to get a hold of a gun! Is there a way to add them to the stores list?
Don't worry, they will appear as loot in the next version.

Gothic Knight said:
1.Whats with the Eastern Empire names for Elllis,are you going to base the Ellis on the ancient greeks or the medieval greeks because I personally thing the latter would make a better faction.Woot imagine ,Empire knights against Ellisian cataphracts
2.Base the Nords loosly on the Danes or Swedish(Huscarls,carls,etc)
3.Vaegirs can be based on the Turks,Novgorod or Kiev etc.
Interesting mod,it's a blast to play.
1- The initial idea for Ellis was to turn them into a rome sort of thing, but I realized that they would be helpless against swadian knights, so I gave the player the choice: if you like ancient greeks, go for the phalanx, if you like romans, choose the propugnators. They have a little bit of Byzantium thrown in too, in terms of names and their background story.
2- Thats actually a good idea, ill take a look and see if I can find some info about them.
3- Ill take that into consideration, along with has already been suggested for the vaegirs.

gizof said:
I've played this mod with max stats char. and I want to present my opinion.(My English isn't perfect so try to understand me ^^)

-I eqiupped guns and i think that pistol is ok, but arqebous -.- when I aim target I have to wait until shoot, long realoding ( no match with bow)
-Swadians are much stronger and This is good, in native 1hit=dead and in this mod knight can get 2 hits for about 80hp (o_O), also how they look is perfect, knight look like real knight, charger+ full plate armor looks great
-Elin Empire is nearly done, but the elite pikemans are great !!! when they made formation i couldn't get them beacuse their pikes are very long(pikes+big shield also look wonderful) I hope when i would have to besiege castle and counter them won't be so hard, and i don't have to use secret passages trought castle walls.

I think that's all for now ! Good work.
1- The waiting time before shooting the arquebus is actually a native bug, not sure if I can do anything to fix it, but ill take a look.
2- Yeah, they are awesome :grin:
3- I really like how Ellis turned out.  :smile:

Ok the bugfixes are done, ill start working on the vaegirs right now, I have taken all of your suggestions into consideration, plus my ideas for them, and I think I have a concept for them. I might release the new version later today.
Thank you all for your support.

Branko said:
Seems that reinforced light plate is missing the mesh.
Got a rgl warning "Unable to find mesh costume6_ss_maw1" while buying armor and it's invisible in the buy/sell screen.
BTW reskin of the  mail&plate is great.

Same here. Game locks every time light plate is present at the armor shop.

lancer63 said:
Branko said:
Seems that reinforced light plate is missing the mesh.
Got a rgl warning "Unable to find mesh costume6_ss_maw1" while buying armor and it's invisible in the buy/sell screen.
BTW reskin of the  mail&plate is great.

Same here. Game locks every time light plate is present at the armor shop.
Don't worry, Its fixed, the new version will be out later today. Vaegirs are coming along nicely, here is a pic of their Cataphracts:
vaegirsau9.png

i played the mod for a few hours already, and i must say, it's a good start  :mrgreen:
just, please, add some cavalry to the ellis empire.

I think this troop three may work well enough:

ellis spearman-------->ellis procursator(es) --------------> ellis hyperkerastas(\ai) ----------> ellis cataphract(s)

obviously, you can keep upgrading your spearmen as trained spearmen etc.

A short troop description:

procursatores: leather armor, semented helmet, round shield, spear\sword, javelins

hyperkerastai: chain shirt, an helmet similar to the old kerghit war helmet (but without wings), round shield, spear\sword, javelin

cataphracts: heavy lamellar\chain mail armor, mace, buckler, javelin maybe, cataphracted horse (oh, well...)

pictures:

hyperkerastai: http://www.levantia.com.au/military/prokoursator.html
cataphracts: http://www.levantia.com.au/military/kataphraktos.html
i have got tons of other pictures, if you need.

I think it will help the balance a lot. unless you menage to create 3+ranks deep formations, cavalry will be unbeatable.

That cataphract Nikephorus was an Klibanophoroi I think,heres an osprey pic.

Huscarl would be equiped with chainmail,norman helm,two handed or one handed axe.

Good luck,gonna download v2 lol

I forgot something. I need a couple of textures:
-one for the ellis scutum ("propugnator shield")
-the ellis phalanx helmet already has an appropiate texture, but it needs UV mapping.
-A banner for the vaegir-nirdamese kingdom. I don't care about heraldry rules, but it must represent the fact that two nations are united under one crown.

If you can help, pm me (to "DSparil", whitout the aphostrophe).

Seems ive run in to a bit of a problem. See i want to join the swadians, but i allso want to get my paws on a rifle. Is the only way to get a rifle to attack swadians atm? If so im kinda out of luck. Other than that im having a blast with the new version so far. Damage from guns seem to be a bit low but im guessing thats the vanilla default.

Noticed one thing that i suspect might be a bug of sorts. My troops and heroes heal at lightning speed. From wounded/seriously wounded, to full health in just over 12 hours.
And my medic (Ymira) only has a wound treatment skill of 4 atm.

Oh and btw, did i mention..   G13f m0r3 GunZ plx!!   :lol:

I played new ver and I would like to present my opinion :wink:. Vaegirs, good mix of cavalry and infratry, they aren't making so much respect xD as swadian knights but there is one thing more. Vaegir Archers ROOX, they're far more better than gunner's and pistolieros (firearms still **** :/ have arqebous and pistol in inventory and i don't think it's a good weapon, maybe make it faster). Pistol can be but still low dmg, but there is one thing more.Mounted bandits with pistols !! great unit, it should be used by kreghits. You can have elite horse archer (etc.) or mongol pistolier ^^, I know it sounds idiotic but i think you should reconsider it.

Thanks for fun mod. I missed Dukes and Mercenaries for .890 series. And maybe balance pistol/rifle by making them more powerful, instead of faster? Arquebus and wheellock pistol weren´t exactly sniper rifles or M60´s. Imagine trying to do John Woo with two wheellocks. :mrgreen:

I like the new concept of Vaegirs-Nirdamese. I don't really see Vaegir standard bearer have flag, they just use lance or axe, correct me if I'm wrong and are Nirdamese basically black or brown people? Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom