Native LSP Scenes Fortress of Akkerman - Town and castle scenes (SP)

Users who are viewing this thread

The town of Akkerman.

First off I have to say that I hold a great interest for historical representation and recreation, thus I have decided to introduce the almost-historical copy of the important trade point and town - Akkerman in a new shape for Warband...Historically, it was started off as a small fortress, built by the Genoese on the site of the Greek colony of Tyras. In XIIIth century it had fallen in the hands of Moldovans, who greately expanded it throughtout the following decades. After the end of Stephen the Great's rule, the town-fortress was aready held by the Ottoman Empire. Thus, it was once again expanded to the point when it started to serve as an important bone of the regional trading.

Technical information.
The map has a huge attention of detail (eye-candy) and is about the size of a normal PWMod map, which is one of the largest. It is game-ready, tested and contains the necessary AI meshes to make it run in any circumstances: siege, alley encounter and walking on the streets. Originally, it replaces Reyvadin (the capital of the Kingdom of Vaegirs). The town is composed of two important yards, a port, a ruined outpost far from the city itself and some grain fields. There is also a castle version, which replaces Tevarin.

Download.
You are free to use and adapt the work.

Last edited:
Bit confused, does this mean that we're not allowed to include it in our mod, and THEN make modifications to it, when included in our own mod?

Looks bloody brilliant by the way.

You can only include it without making modifications in the map. Simple. See new permissions.

Edit: Obviously, you ought to choose the right outer terrain for it, as it is not included.

You can only include it without making modifications in the map. Simple.
That's a big restriction, though; if we want to tweak the siege behaviors or do some re-paint (for example, I noticed that the paths aren't nearly as muddy / dusty as they should be IRL) we can't just do it and re-release with credit to you and permission for others to use our modifications. 

I can't use it at all, for example; I don't take content I can't change and can't give back to others freely for Blood and Steel, and I'm practically guaranteed to want to change something, even if it's just minor stuff like putting in realistic barriers for the besieging units or the other stuff that's standard in Blood and Steel.  Anyhow, it's your stuff and your choice, just keep in mind how limiting this really is :smile:

xenoargh said:
You can only include it without making modifications in the map. Simple.
That's a big restriction, though; if we want to tweak the siege behaviors or do some re-paint (for example, I noticed that the paths aren't nearly as muddy / dusty as they should be IRL) we can't just do it and re-release with credit to you and permission for others to use our modifications. 

I can't use it at all, for example; I don't take content I can't change and can't give back to others freely for Blood and Steel, and I'm practically guaranteed to want to change something, even if it's just minor stuff like putting in realistic barriers for the besieging units or the other stuff that's standard in Blood and Steel.  Anyhow, it's your stuff and your choice, just keep in mind how limiting this really is :smile:

Yeah, what Xenoargh is saying. Your call though, is your map.

I's more likely a question of trust and quality. Most of the times the author does not want his stuff to be messed up then given credit to a modifyed product which was originally better (IIRC Gutekfiutek's policy). I'm not really that decessive over the permission policy; it's only about the ensurance about the map's original quality. That said, I'm confused about the permision rights myself. I would definitely like the community to use it on a variety of ways: either personal or largely public, like the content included in mods. I'm thinking about a modification to please any intention, because it's an OSP after all. :smile:

I's more likely a question of trust and quality. Most of the times the author does not want his stuff to be messed up then given credit to a modifyed product which was originally better (IIRC Gutekfiutek's policy).
That's precisely why I never used his stuff, though, even though a lot of players brought it up, and just went ahead and developed an alternative set of resources. 

I don't think that's Open Source at all; it kind of defeats the purpose, if I'm either not making necessary technical changes (for example, when I looked at his stuff, it needed a lot of technical optimizations) or aesthetic changes to fit a mod better, or I'd be in the position of blithely breaking the license while integrating something that's hard to replace later, which could lead to all sorts of bad feelings and wasted time if the original author got huffy about it.

Basically, it's better to just say that you expect credit and if people change things a lot, they should probably ask for your feedback.  With something as large and complex as a whole Scene, it's very unlikely that most modders will make a lot of changes, but what you've said basically closes off all changes- and that's a big deal, at least to those of us who try and follow the rules.  The kiddies who'd use your work without credit while making modifications that completely disregard your original intent, however, won't care one way or another, so it's the worst of all worlds, imo :smile:

Hi,
I would use it in my wfas mod where Akkerman is represented. But some elements should be changed for example removing  trebuchets and putting a mosque.

You can modify and use it; just note the changes you made. For the mosque...I'd just recommend to remove the church and complete that small wall, because the existing mosque model seems old and unfitting.

Edit: Did you say WFAS? I guess it has a new model, if I recall correctly.

Back
Top Bottom