• BOOOO

Votes: 45 24.6%
  • Chicken Nuggets

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • This Poll is as bad as the thread! LOL Noob

Votes: 69 37.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

0.01 Euro an hour!?! Hot damn thats like $10000000 an hour! Ill make a walking animation where he will slightly bend his knee more which will make it so much smoother it will be unnoticible. This will take me two years to do.

xenoargh said:
My take is that if you've been lurking for a while and want to do stuff, that's great.

However.

1.  Working with Bethsoft's concepts, images and names, let alone art rips, exposes you legally.  It's not a great idea; if you got it built after a year of hard work and it was great, you'd get a C&D for a prize; Bethsoft does not appreciate competition.

2.  Using something like that as the source pretty much enforces that you do XYZ (a giant list) of design and coding things, let alone content, before players will give you kudos; basically, you've chosen something that would require a large team of reliable experts to assemble.

As an alternative, I'd suggest that perhaps you could build some magic code and start a basic fantasy mod.  Just writing a magic system that players (let alone AI) can use will be complicated enough that it will take a lot of work.  This engine isn't really designed very well for magic, but you can do it with some work and patience.  For example, you can design a magic system that uses special "guns" as the "magic staves"; each gun would execute different code when fired, or their shots would.  Code for how to make "guns" behave in special ways, use special animation and generally act in new ways can be found in Blood and Steel's source code, which comes with every release; feel free to read it and use it for whatever you wish.

...In a thread about an Oblivion mod. And from my experience here, he makes a fine point.

gaham1 said:
0.01 Euro an hour!?! Hot damn thats like $10000000 an hour! Ill make a walking animation where he will slightly bend his knee more which will make it so much smoother it will be unnoticible. This will take me two years to do.

Its in pounds, euros is for the countries in the continent's mainland :razz:

John. said:
gaham1 said:

Its in pounds, euros is for the countries in the continent's mainland :razz:
the E with a slash in it means pounds?
I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Mikeyo said:
It will be a story driven single player campaign.

I'd kill just for this. No need to be Skyrim, Neverwinter nights or LOTR, just something with a story and more limitation movement on the world map (but more extensive exploration places) with unique locations and no repetitive randomly generated quests and interactive cities with a lot of unpredictable varied events. Story may be crap, cities may be taken from original game, but with lot more things to do there and much smaller adventure map.

captain lust said:
BananaBob said:
the most epic feature of this mod will be, that you are finally able to fight from a horseback in tamirel xD
It would probably be a lot easier to implement mounted combat in a TES game than it would be to create a TES like experience in Mount&Blade.

Don't be so sure. Skyrim is basically oblivion with small cosmetical and gameplay changes, so the modding options remain the same. And if they didn't make any good mod with crossbows or mounted combat in oblivion in 5 years, m&b is a way to go.

Really?!  :neutral: ...

This thread has gone beyond the meaning of the word 'ignorance' after those last two  :lol: Not quite sure which one to sig...

Me neither.I understood the sentence smth like:
Mount&Blade is Skyrim but with lower graphics,which dosen't makes any sense cos' M&B is a game with a world of its own and no fantasy at all....

skyrim seems like a bad idea in light of the recent game.. though a larger elder scrolls themed mod that had the whole of Tamriel in it would be pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom