Kingdom Borders

Users who are viewing this thread

I would add fact, that faction leaders should be more careful before they start war.
Some of them should attack by a surprise(Sanjar Khan, for example) other, like King Harlaus should declare war and then attack.

But yet still, there should be no war from the beginning of our campaign. Game should give player time to recognize factions, NPCs and such, and then, after player choose his faction wars should start.

But not everyone start war at once, or even one after another.
It should be a slow process. But of course player and his actions should have big impact on chances for war to start.
For example, attacking border patrols should annoy enemy King, who might after some time decide that he do not want to take it any more and declare war/take revenge.

Also, wars should be more complex, it annoys me like hell when I see huge warband of over half kingdoms lords just wandering around while enemy is taking castles one by one.

KuroiNekouPL said:
I would add fact, that faction leaders should be more careful before they start war.
Some of them should attack by a surprise(Sanjar Khan, for example) other, like King Harlaus should declare war and then attack.
Agreed.

But yet still, there should be no war from the beginning of our campaign. Game should give player time to recognize factions, NPCs and such, and then, after player choose his faction wars should start.
I disagree, their should be war going on without you choosing a side.

But not everyone start war at once, or even one after another.
Of course.

It should be a slow process. But of course player and his actions should have big impact on chances for war to start.
For example, attacking border patrols should annoy enemy King, who might after some time decide that he do not want to take it any more and declare war/take revenge.
Again I agree.
Also, wars should be more complex, it annoys me like hell when I see huge warband of over half kingdoms lords just wandering around while enemy is taking castles one by one.
The lords do need better AI.

Territory System, Like Total War or Empire Earth II. Interesting. So when the enemy go to our Territory, Our Income will be dying because of Devastating? (like RTW :mrgreen:). Neverminds. I support it.

More like Empire TW I'd say. They'll raid villages like normal, not just stand around like brutalised carrots on a road like in RTW.

Dalkar said:
More like Empire TW I'd say. They'll raid villages like normal, not just stand around like brutalised carrots on a road like in RTW.
Dunno how it looks like in Empire, but in Rome army standing on enemy's territory causes some actual damage to economy of that region. If army stands for longer time, the ground gets burned and have black colour.

Btw. Since we are talking about borders and actual territory. What do you think about big farms with Hectares of crops etc? Battle on such a map might be interesting. :smile:

bump.jpg

KuroiNekouPL said:
I guess, that this thread got too awesome to get high without bumps. People simply cannot add anything better. :grin:
Oh I'm sure we can think of a few things. What about factions having 2 sets of *borders* the more permanent that we've been talking about, and the fiefs simply under the control of the faction.
In real life you can march into a city and proclaim it yours, but you still have to annex it into your territory.
The second border ebbs and flows during times of war, but when peace is proclaimed whereever that border becomes more permanent.
Do you understand what I'm talking about?

I'm not sure. You mean something like borders not between Countries, but between Lord's lands?

Hmmm... It's pretty interesting and I already see one use of that. Do you remember those quests where you have to find bandits hideouts?
With those borders you'd better know where to look for them with no need to go too far away from town you're doing favour to.

If the Law would be introduced, then there would be another use of this extended border system. Law might vary a bit in different regions of country. Just as it is in States of America.

Back
Top Bottom