B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Furok said:
IMPORTANT NEWS!

Furok I can't say I didn't cry with this news.  Your work has been of the highest quality and I was checking the forums daily mostly for possible updates on your progress.  Thank you so much for your generous allowance for your work to be used by another team.  This was such a massive undertaking and I think probably too much for one man.  You certainly set an incredible standard for the whole modding community to look up to.

Good luck with you future plans.

Furok, thank you for your great work. I am sure Del and team will appreciate your generous gift :razz:

Good luck, wherever you've gone(nadejus ne v armiju, turmu ili bolnicu? Mozhet prosto zhenilsa? :mrgreen:).

Blobmania said:
To clarify my post, I'm not going to be developing this exact mod. I'll be developing a project of my own in a very different direction to the one Furok was taking, and then ideally porting these assets to that framework. You can still expect a high quality and very enjoyable Warhammer mod coming from my end at some point though, however in coding terms I'm starting from absolute scratch so it will be a while yet.
What makes your plan different?

Partizan_Rusi said:
What ? You took Furok's assets and making your mod ? Wtf.

I also worked on Furok's project for a few months and am providing assistance to some of those also taking it on. If you think you are up to the task and can use them sensibly then all you need to do is persuade Furok of that and I'm sure he'll let you use the assets yourself as well. I'm planning on porting his assets because I want to make sure they're put to good use, not because I want to create a Warhammer mod - When I do port them I plan on doing so as an independent project in it's own right, not as part of my own project. If people would rather I didn't then I'll quite happily give up the extra work it'll take and just develop my own project.

Hazzardevil said:
What makes your plan different?

I'm going more for a RP, persistent warfare gametype. The original project is being developed in a Viking Raids-Era Althist setting, though if I port Furok's assets into a new sub-project of the original one then I'll probably focus more on the warfare elements than the RP ones.

Andreus, what are you trying to achieve that would have the engine restrict you?

Also, Blobmania, could you make a invasion/defense mode for multiplayer? I think that is something many players would love to see. Not to mention wanting to see it myself.

Del already have all mod materials and my blessing.

All other is under question.
I think better to wait before fever and haste will gone and reasonable offers come.

Well, that was abrupt. I've been taking a look to this project since forever and it's going to be missed quality-wise.
Furok, I understand how you feel as we always end up either frustrated or burnt out.

It's a labor of love and love is elusive, the illusion wears away slowly, often without you realizing it.

--

What I think we modders should start doing is open sourcing our work to some degree while we are in development, letting people peek inside our repositories and even contribute.

Modding has always been a very secretive hobby and I think that some openness would be beneficial instead of dropping screenshots for years, hyping up with updates until a possible-yet-unlikely dump of files and its ultimate demise and final dissolution of the team.

We should think how we organize our work player-wise and experiment a bit with it to avoid giving bad expectations or keeping them in the obscurity. There are very little downsides and this has to evolve somehow.

Kazzan said:
Also, Blobmania, could you make a invasion/defense mode for multiplayer? I think that is something many players would love to see. Not to mention wanting to see it myself.

I've got a gametype like this (titled "Necromancer Attack") half coded as part of my work for this mod anyway. I'll probably re-do it for public release, but I'll try and keep it in mind when I port the assets over to my new project, and possibly add it as a game-mode in that.

AndreusAs said:
Kazzan, using of different but male\female skins in MP.

Hm, I've seen it done, giving different skeletons and skins to different players.
Maybe spawning as a bot then the player takes over, that was one workaround.
I believe there were other was as well, I've been in a chat discussion where this was discussed to some extent.

Blob, would offer to do it myself if I had the time for it, and of course the confidence that I could do it justice.

Kazzan said:
Blob, would offer to do it myself if I had the time for it, and of course the confidence that I could do it justice.

Well I'll do my best to deliver what the community wants, but with a full-time job now It's harder for me to devote quite to much of my life to modding as I otherwise would.

Partizan_Rusi said:
We only need a working multiplayer version for now and nothing extraordinary or epic. Warhammer characters and classes for Empire vs Chaos on a maps like Ruins and any Forest maps will do - http://i.imgur.com/fBEApJq.jpg

This.

Been following this mod for years now and to not even had the opportunity to play with the models Furok made in the most basic fashion(Battle on Ruins, Empire vs Chaos) makes me sad. :sad:

Hello,

If I may have some advice for Blobmania and AndreusAs - why scattering Your thin forces on different projects, risking another lonely defeat? Maybe better throw every

interested modder on the 'Warsword' mod. You can either join the team or make submods with permission from Del. AndreusAs - You don't like the  lore in Warsword? Try

to add proper dialogues and quests instead of making something from the scratch.

For Your consideration

Good luck

I waited years for this mod and I enjoyed reading about the development process, the quality you tried to go for was remarkable. Unfortunately, this also made the project incredibly ambitious, I don't blame you and your team at all for dropping this. I'm sure del can make the most out of your superb models and can keep the torch lit.

Best of luck to your future endeavours, Furok.

been following this with high hopes ever since it first started. i am greatly saddened to hear its not to be. much respect to furok for all his hard and highly skilled work, i wish him luck for the future. cheers

Back
Top Bottom