The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

One suggestion I have after playing: don't make zombies eventually turn into abominations. As was said somewhere above, I think the upgrade paths should be two ways, one to heavy infantry (abominations) and one to heavy cavalry. I like having zombies running around on necro-horses  :twisted:

That's what the necromancer mercs are for, plowing down all in their path to the darker pits of Tartarus and immortality.

Some new thing I came by mind:
Necromancy Skill-A new skill,necromancy.Greater spells require greater necromancy skill.
Lichdom-Once max necromancy,you can make the Rite of the Night and,after dying in a battle,become a lich.Liches cannot die,but can only fall unconcious.
Vampire Regeneration-Vampires(even player when vampire) rengenerate for every enemy they kill.There was a similiar code for players,I don't remeber now where.
Ghosts and Poltergeists-Come on,no Shades,Ghosts and Poltergeists!A necro-mod needs them!

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Some new thing I came by mind:
Necromancy Skill-A new skill,necromancy.Greater spells require greater necromancy skill.
Lichdom-Once max necromancy,you can make the Rite of the Night and,after dying in a battle,become a lich.Liches cannot die,but can only fall unconcious.
Vampire Regeneration-Vampires(even player when vampire) rengenerate for every enemy they kill.There was a similiar code for players,I don't remeber now where.
Ghosts and Poltergeists-Come on,no Shades,Ghosts and Poltergeists!A necro-mod needs them!

1. I have been considering adding an Intelligence requirement for all of the recipes - a new skill would be a bit difficult, really, and redundant, since a Necromancy skill would be based on Intelligence anyway.
2. I have already added a way to achieve "immortality", which will be included in the next release. :wink:
3. I might look into that, for the Vampires and Werewolves, as well as players with Porphyria or Lycanthrope.
4. Well, the Shadowlords, Homunculi, and Shadow Warriors are "shades" - and actually there will be both a ghost and a poltergeist in the next release. :grin:

I've seen alot of good suggestions made so theres only one thing I can add.

Leadership. You need to be able to make your undead army larger.
Thats whats always so scary about the undead, their a swarm, a horde. And yet I have to keep putting off summoning more zombies because my party is maxed out at 45.
Tweak the leadership skill so that we can have larger parties.

I agreed with Winterwolf but I'm afraid that huge parties of abominations or destroyer will not be balance

Is it possible to change the amount of space taken by a creature in the party ? i mean that a patchwork should'nt count in the number of people in the party, zombies count for 1, abomination for 2 etc.

it's should add a new kind of strategic choice for player : use great armies of undead to defeat mortal with sheer numbers or make small elite army of monster able to decimate their foe

and thank you for this awesom mod

(and sorry for the english, i'm french)

FlyingSpaghetti said:
I agreed with Winterwolf but I'm afraid that huge parties of abominations or destroyer will not be balance

Is it possible to change the amount of space taken by a creature in the party ? i mean that a patchwork should'nt count in the number of people in the party, zombies count for 1, abomination for 2 etc.

it's should add a new kind of strategic choice for player : use great armies of undead to defeat mortal with sheer numbers or make small elite army of monster able to decimate their foe

and thank you for this awesom mod

(and sorry for the english, i'm french)
Thanks FS, if at all possible it would be nice to have different units take up different amounts of space.
Also patchworks could take up 1/2 of a unit.  :mrgreen: Their so damn weak that they need large numbers.
Also, I love France. Thinking about moving there.

Another thought, does anyone else think the Vampire Counts army from Warhammer is a great source of inspiration here?
Heres the Codex for the army.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9392246/Warhammer-Fantasy-Battles-Warhammer-Armies-Vampire-Counts-7th

I've had a wild idea for a unit.
A fast attack unit thats like cavalry except no rider.
Like either some kind of Ghoul or like some rotting wolf that chases down and mauls the enemy.
It can charge infantry ranks or chase enemy cavalry swiping at the rear legs.

Werewolf_by_dypsomaniart.jpg

I don't even know if that kind of thing is possible with this system but if it is then I'd support it.

But these necromantic stuff it's only limited to player? I hoped that you will be able to kill zombies and such spawns.

Winterwolf00 said:
Like either some kind of Ghoul or like some rotting wolf that chases down and mauls the enemy.

I don't even know if that kind of thing is possible with this system but if it is then I'd support it.

This is somewhat possible, as I have been playing The Last Days of the Third Age, a LOTR mod for m&b orginal.  The warg riders have mounts that, if the rider dies, the warg(wolf) continues to go on a rampage, and can still be attacked by fist weapons, rather than just missle weapons.

Edit: however I don't think they will allow nought, as great creator he is, to see the script/programming/whatever inorder to do it.

N0ught also seems intent on having made everything in this mod himself. Admireable.
John Xenir said:
But these necromantic stuff it's only limited to player? I hoped that you will be able to kill zombies and such spawns.
There's a 'bandit' faction with necromantic stuff. They're close to Old Zendar. The four main factions can not have zombies and the likes.

I can see this developing into a cult. The master has enslaved us all with his dark magic.

Heheh...muahahahaha! :twisted:  I have a suggestion, my lord, if it pleases you...

Let's start a cult.  Initiation ceremonies will include doing something dreadfully evil.  Like stealing candy.  From a baby.

N0ught said:
That's... not exactly the kind of horror I am going for here. :shock:

Great! The mod now frightens even the creator. It's most fearful ever. I already see its last copy in the future, on the lonely pendrive deep in the dungeons of some forsaken library, attached to the podest with arm thick chains.

Mataran said:
Winterwolf00 said:

This is somewhat possible, as I have been playing The Last Days of the Third Age, a LOTR mod for m&b orginal.  The warg riders have mounts that, if the rider dies, the warg(wolf) continues to go on a rampage, and can still be attacked by fist weapons, rather than just missle weapons.

Edit: however I don't think they will allow nought, as great creator he is, to see the script/programming/whatever inorder to do it.
Oh well. It was just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom