Recommended sub-mods for Prophesy of Pendor (WB Version only)

Users who are viewing this thread

reaver456

Veteran
We're going to keep the extent of external mods we will allow to just Scene/Texture Modification, Animation Tweaks, and AI changes.. In other words, no troop or item editing, and other kind of mods that will upset the gaming balance of the world of PoP. Granted, nothing is stopping you from editing your own files and having fun, but at no time should that be uploaded for the community to also check out.

With that being said, if you are really adamant on displaying the troop/item, or even other kind of game changing material you did and would like to share it with the community because you feel it just works really well and it fits into the PoP lore in general, then I would highly advise you to personally PM our leader "Saxondragon" for possible approval as external mods like that will only ever be approved by him and who knows, he may even like your work so much that he could ask you if your interested in joining the "Dev Team" instead.. Naturally, at times Saxondragon is knee deep into the development of PoP 4.0, so if you find he's not getting back to you in a reasonable amount of time, then just PM me and I'll see what I can do to get you a response, but no promises since naturally we are really, really busy at the moment.

Also please be aware that these sub-mods are not offiically supported by the PoP Dev Team, so use them at your own risk.

overall just wanted to make sure all community members who wish to make some adjustment with their PoP game is aware of this, and if it goes along the lines of Textures and other kind of changes like that, then by all means share it with the rest of the PoP community! :smile: ---> MP

below are some cool mods that im using and work well with prophesy of pendor 3.3. (Also so far all mods are save game compatible)

Updated April 27 2011

Scenery Modifications

Better Castles Updated- There were 5 castles that were problems.
1.Mysthorn Keep
2.Silver Edge Keep
3. High Cliffe Castle
4.Mobray Castle
5. Kelderan Castle        Downloading the updated compilation will revert those 5 castles back to the way they originally were. (I added the native versions of these castles to the compilation)

This is a little compilation mod that I made my self. It includes all 9 castles from the historic castles project and 7 castles from Utrehd's Castle Pack. There are 40 castles in PoP it modifies 16 of them adding some variation to the game but not changing everything.  Heres the link to each mods

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115163.0.html-Historic Castles
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115960.msg2793517.html#msg2793517-Utrehd's Castle Pack

The castles are epic and the sieges of these castles are pretty epic as well. THe modified castle scenes are generally larger than the native ones and work well with larger battle sizes during sieges. Though some are more difficult to defend than the native ones. (Wider entry points or Multiple entry points) but not all of them.

heres the link to my compilation (Updated March-26-2011)
http://www.mediafire.com/?r72k6ws06vz454h

Just copy the sco files from the download into your Prophecy of Pendor's scene objects file. Also make a back up copy of your scene objects folder before you replace any of the files.

Arena Overhaul mod
Code:

This mod makes all the arenas look leet. Also AI mapping has been done on it so the AI knows how to get around in the new arenas as well. If you install it check out the arena in Valonbray it will have a forest type setting with cherry blossoms falling from the trees.

Training fields
Code:

This mod makes all the training fields look way better. Instead of just plain and boring.

Graphics Modifications

Movie WB View
Code:

A graphical enhancement mod that changes the native textures. You can click on the link to look at some before and after screen shots of this mod. Installation instructions are in the link but basically just copy the mods textures folder into your PoP textures folder. As always make a back up of the folder your replacing just in case.

SPECIAL NOTE- the mod overrides the textures of the faces, so when you're copying it over, do not copy the files which have the names starting with 'man'. (Eg. man_normalmap.dds, manface_1_aged.dds)

Texture Fiddling
Code:

Another Graphical Enhancement mod. This mod just enhances some of the native textures of the game installation instructions are in the link

Better Sky Boxes
Code:

Replaces the native sky boxes with better looking sky boxes. Do note that in addition to downloading the relevant files you will need to change a line of text in your PoP module.ini folder to get it to work   This is stated on the download page just bringing it to your attention.

Polished Landscapes
Code:

Arguably one of the best graphical modification floating around the taleworld forum. Though I believe Polished Landscapes is not compatible with the other graphics modifications before attempting to implement this I suggest you make a complete back up of your PoP module folder. You can download the mod in the link above installation instructions are on the forum thread but in its original form is not compatible with Prophecy of Pendor you will need to follow instructions on the forum thread below in order to get it to work properly in PoP. below is the link This mod is a bit tricky to get working properly in PoP.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148203.0.html
Use this link instead which has newer instructions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,178002.0.html

AI Tweaks

Dynamic Groups
Code:

This isn't really a mod but just a few text tweaks. If you implement it it will make all dehorsed calvary(not ones ordered to dismount) switch to the infantry group. On the second page of the thread there also another tweak to make all Foot Archers that run out of ammo join your infantry group. This tweak effects both you and the AI. 

Ive been using it and it helps the VI out too.

I know this tweak can be a bit tricky to implement so below is a link to the modified mission_template.txt file that includes both the calvary and ranger tweak for both village and field battles (doesnt effect seiges). As always make a back up of the file before you replace it. Just go in your prophecy of pendor modules folder and replace the "mission_templates" file with the one provided below

http://www.mediafire.com/?75g2zavzckg7027

Disable Routing

below are instructions on how you can disable AI routing(troops running from battle)

Treebeard said:
I think routing can be disabled.

If we look in mission templates it has this trigger:
Code:
      (3, 0, 0, [
          (try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
            (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
            (agent_is_alive, ":agent_no"),          
            (store_mission_timer_a,":mission_time"),
            (ge,":mission_time",3),          
            (call_script, "script_decide_run_away_or_not", ":agent_no", ":mission_time"),
          (try_end),          
              ], []), #controlling courage score and if needed deciding to run away for each agent

If I disable that (native code) trigger, then routing will no longer be possible. Alternatively, the mission time could be set to a high value which will extend the time before routing can start.

Disabling the timer makes for less CPU stress which is a second positive effect. A third option would be to modify the lower-level script named "decide_run_away_or_not".
I could do either and then compile and then tell you which changes are needed in mission_templates.txt.

(An easy way to disable the timer and keep the change minimal is to just add a line like: (eq, -1, 0), before (try_for_agents, ...), )

So, I did that and here is how to change your mission template.txt to disable routing (- if my theory is correct):
Find this line in mission_templates.txt:
3.000000 0.000000 0.000000  7 12 1 1224979098644774912 1704 1 1224979098644774912 1702 1 1224979098644774912 2370 1 1224979098644774913 30 2 1224979098644774913 3 1 3 936748722493063821 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 3 0  0

Change it so it reads this instead:
3.000000 0.000000 0.000000  8 31 2 -1 0 12 1 1224979098644774912 1704 1 1224979098644774912 1702 1 1224979098644774912 2370 1 1224979098644774913 30 2 1224979098644774913 3 1 3 936748722493063821 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 3 0  0

Test on own risk, but it should work :smile:

Animation Modifications

This mod changes most of the combat animations in the game making them look a lot cooler. You can watch some preview videos to see what they look like in the link. Installation instructions are on its main forum thread. I personally didn't add the archery animations cause I thought they looked weird. But everything else looks awesome.

Miscellaneous

Battle Size Changer
Code:

An all time classic. This one allows you to set the battle size as large or as small as you want. If you don't already have it here it is.

If you guys know of any other cool mods that are compatible with prophecy of pendor feel free to post

reaver456 said:
Combat Animation Enhancement 
This mod changes most of the combat animations in the game making them look a lot cooler. You can watch some preview videos to see what they look like in the link. Installation instructions are on its main forum thread. I personally didn't add the archery animations cause I thought they looked weird. But everything else looks awesome.

It's good to see that some mods are compatible with PoP, but overall most of the major project mods like Diplomacy, and such are not, because of the extensive coding changes done to PoP overall, so do keep that in mind.

Ohh and i got a different opinion of the Combat Animations pack.. To me it has too much of a "Star Wars" feel to it which would be great in a futuristic type setting, but for Medival/Fantasy type setting which PoP does? Not so much.. (E.G. That little sword twirl your character will do, ugh... lol)

Ohh and i got a different opinion of the Combat Animations pack.. To me it has too much of a "Star Wars" feel to it which would be great in a futuristic type setting, but for Medival/Fantasy type setting which PoP does? Not so much.. (E.G. That little sword twirl your character will do, ugh... lol)

I agree with you on the one handed animations. It looks rather weak. Ive actually been thinking of revering back to native on that one as well.

Strange i added the Dynamic group infantry and archery to the mission template... followed directions and now RGL ERROR : too many item overrides: 1722796 (max:10) occurs

i placed the lines below text already there

Im thinking you didn't enter the code right in missions template file. I uploaded my mission template file the link is below. This adds both the calvary tweak and ranger tweak to both field battles and village battles. (Didnt do anything to seiges).

The link is below Be sure to make a back up copy of you original missions template.txt file if you haven't already. Just downlaod mine from the link below and replace it.

Also you gotta replace the mission template file thats in the prophecy of pendor module folder.

Hopefully this will work for you.

mp84 said:
reaver456 said:

Also, with the stats of PoP's elite troops, the archer movement at hiperspeed is ridiculous. I wish I could just keep some movements.

alright thanks reaver... ive never fiddled with files much before so kinda useless at this stuff lol

Danath said:
mp84 said:
reaver456 said:

Also, with the stats of PoP's elite troops, the archer movement at hiperspeed is ridiculous. I wish I could just keep some movements.

You saying you want to use all the animations except the archery? That can be done and its what im using at the moment.

And how about any tweak/mod/whatever that would help with managing army/prisoners, i mean something that would spare me few dozens of clicking after each battle and instead i could instantly capture/sell all prisoners or recruit all rescued soldiers (having enought space of cours).

This is a little pray from my side to POP devs, could you add such feature to the next patch? Please :*

Danath said:
mp84 said:
reaver456 said:

I agree, however the archer stance is so much better than native it looks like the archer has got a real bow with resistance, is there a way to slow down the animation without changing the stats

rhibran said:
Danath said:
mp84 said:
reaver456 said:

I agree, however the archer stance is so much better than native it looks like the archer has got a real bow with resistance, is there a way to slow down the animation without changing the stats

Isn't it infinitely easier, though, to just get morgh's tools and reduce the attack speed of bows? Seems like you ask for a harder and longer fix instead of going the easy way. There is also a bunch of animation bugs depending on the bow in question, and therefore I can't really recommend this animation pack, aesthetics and degree of realism (or lack thereof) aside.

well if you slow down the bows using a item editor you will nerf archery in general. I dont think theres a way to slow down animation with out slowing the speed of the bow its self because even the creator of the animation packed slowed down bow speed by half in his mod that comes bundled with native.

But If thre is a way maybe some one on the combat animation thread will be able to help you there.

macxxx said:
And how about any tweak/mod/whatever that would help with managing army/prisoners, i mean something that would spare me few dozens of clicking after each battle and instead i could instantly capture/sell all prisoners or recruit all rescued soldiers (having enought space of cours).

This is a little pray from my side to POP devs, could you add such feature to the next patch? Please :*

Do a search maybe there's already a tweak out there. But I know its possible. In the "Blood and Steel" mod you talk to a tavern keeper and can sell all your prisoners in 1 go.

If you find a tweak that works with the latest version on propechy of pendor  post it here and ill put it on the original post

For graphical mods, definitely use Movie WB View. Its compatible with PoP, just copy the textures folder into your PoP textures folder. However, the mod does override the textures of the faces, so when you're copying it over, do not copy the files which have the names starting with 'man'. (Eg. man_normalmap.dds, manface_1_aged.dds)

Overall, the mod makes the game look very good and is much better than polished landscapes imo.

Here is the link:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150311.0.html

reaver456 said:
well if you slow down the bows using a item editor you will nerf archery in general. I dont think theres a way to slow down animation with out slowing the speed of the bow its self because even the creator of the animation packed slowed down bow speed by half in his mod that comes bundled with native.

But If thre is a way maybe some one on the combat animation thread will be able to help you there.

Nerf in general? More like offset the advantage derived from changed animations, which upset the original mod balance.

The question here is: does the new animation multiply the speed of regular bow attacks or rather increase it in non-linear fashion? If the latter is the case, balancing won't be possible. In any case, I don't recommend these animations.

the animations don't change the speed of the attacks. But many just cited that the altered bow animations look weird when theyre done super fast by characters in game with super high archery proficiencies and the only way to slow down the animation is to slow down the weapon speed which would nerf that  weapon.

Hah. I guess I'm a bit on the slow side then, since I didn't really bother with animation pack after it's spear footage. I assume the aesthetics (animation speed) were 'balanced' for khergit-class Native bows at around 200 proficiency?

Updated the front page may add more castles from Utrehd's castle pack to my compilation once I get a chance to test them in PoP

Tested the rest of Utrehd's castle pack in sieges both def and offense. I didn't see any path finding issues with the AI for the new castles during the sieges. THough some are very difficult to defend against great odds. Like those 100 vs 2000+ def sieges. Seems to work as intended and updated my compilation to include all castles from both packs.

Back
Top Bottom