Recommended sub-mods for Prophesy of Pendor (WB Version only)

Users who are viewing this thread

So the source code isn't available then? Are the developers MIA or do they just not want to give out the source code? I really would love to see some of the options implemented from diplomacy. Also, I know you can recruit soldiers from your castles and towns through the steward but it is much slower then the recruitment mod.

M0rdred said:
No, we're here. But its ours, its our prrrrrecious.

They wants it, but they cant haves it. gollum, gollum

trolololol

and ill get to fixing the castle pack this weekend. Ill take a look at kelredran castle

Overall,

From what I understood from "Uldred's Castle Pack" that the consensus on that mod is that it's rather buggy.. It may look nice, but the AI will hardly ever use multiple siege ladders, as they'll get stuck using just one still, so I'm curious to how the AI is reacting in your games for those having that pack.

As for people who mentioned the "Diplomacy" Mod and why it's not in.. Actually, PoP uses its own hybrid of "Diplomacy" with the Village/Town Steward, and we have some other features that are probably known in the "Diplomacy" Mod as well, however, it is of our own creation. Naturally, coding the full "Diplomacy" mod into PoP is almost next to impossible as people have said without the Source information, and that we will never release.

Could we refine it a bit more for PoP 4? Well, you'll have to wait and see on that :smile:

regards,

MP

Playing with Warband, they do use the 2 ladders nicely. It's the defenders who have a problem  :lol:
The biggest problem I've seen is that in some castles, the defender archers spawn behind a building and don't move, while the infantry and cavalry walk to the entrance points, ignoring the enemies already inside.

The village/town steward has diplomatic options? I surely did not see anything that the steward could do diplomatically. I saw no options to try to form trade or alliances or make peace, etc. Unless I am missing something? Or do you mean the steward can recruit soldiers and do knight stuff? Yeah I saw those options. I love the mod, don't get me wrong, just was hoping for more options that are in some other mods, like diplomacy and floris mod.

For example, I took a city from the empire. Naturally they go to war with me, which is understandable, but they refused to make peace with me even after I took a bunch of their castles and stuff. They finally offered me peace, but that was only when they had 1 town and 1 castle left. I didn't want that because I still wanted the empire to be a viable faction. It is now finished basically.

BlackRainZ said:
For example, I took a city from the empire. Naturally they go to war with me, which is understandable, but they refused to make peace with me even after I took a bunch of their castles and stuff. They finally offered me peace, but that was only when they had 1 town and 1 castle left. I didn't want that because I still wanted the empire to be a viable faction. It is now finished basically.
did the companion you sent as a messenger of peace have high persuasion?

BlackRainZ said:
The village/town steward has diplomatic options? I surely did not see anything that the steward could do diplomatically. I saw no options to try to form trade or alliances or make peace, etc. Unless I am missing something? Or do you mean the steward can recruit soldiers and do knight stuff? Yeah I saw those options. I love the mod, don't get me wrong, just was hoping for more options that are in some other mods, like diplomacy and floris mod.

Like I said, it has some similar options, as you mentioned recruit soldiers, knighthood order stuff (which I believe is more unique for us, since Diplomacy doesn't offer something like that),  so while it's not full blown "Diplomacy" it has some of the stuff if you compare the two. Does "Diplomacy" have a lot more stuff that PoP doesn't include (Especially on the actual diplomacy side of it), of course it does, as that's a full-blown stand-alone mod. Naturally, some well-known and really good major mods have fully adopted it like "Floris Mod Pack" and also "Brytenwalda" as you mentioned already, but the thing is with PoP, it's always been very unique in our own source material, and quite simply the higher-ups of the development team do not want to use other people's work in the mod and prefer it to keep it as unique as possible.

Now, lately as you can tell, we been incorporating some mods, (like Rubik's Improved Looting System), so you can never say never with a major mod like "Diplomacy".. However, because of our own changes, and the fact we have NPCs that do certain functions, like the way "Diplomacy" does as well, coding something like this will probably be a nightmare for us at the moment with all the other stuff on our plate. Is it doable? Perhaps, but at the moment there many, many other things we want to do first for PoP 4, before something like this is even considered.

So in the end I understand how you and some people wish that mod was in here, maybe someday it will, but overall don't keep your hopes up with that, and instead enjoy what we put out there for you guys. (Which to be honest, is still pretty darn good :wink: )..

regards.

MP

Hey mp, I am not saying u need to include diplomacy, I was just hoping for some more diplomatic options and perhaps more interactions with lords and such would be cool. I don't know what plans u guys have I just hate how its like all or nothing for the most part, at least when the player is concerned because it seems very difficult to make peace with factions when you are at war, regardless of how much they lose, or even win. For example, why not have an option to sue for peace for like 10k gold or 20k gold or whatever you think is fair?Just an idea anyway, I am not trying to tell u how to do your mod. I think more options like these and more interactions with lords and stuff could only help make the world feel more alive.

Mini Modification in the works if I have permission to release such a mod cause it messes with many of the PoP files and Ill also need permission from "The Wedding Dance" Devs to release it because I ported the textures over to PoP.

What I plan on tweaking
Added upgrade paths for some of the other faction units in particular now you can upgrade

MettenHeim Regular infantry>MettenHiem Greatsword> MettenHiem Hauptmann> Forlorn Hope

Veccavi Kral Guard> Veccavi Krom Guard

Veccavi Horse> Veccavi Knight> Veccavi Queens Guard

Barclay Heavy Footman> Barclay Lancer> Barclay Conquistador

Buffing the Singalians a bit.

There troop tree feels weak so basically buffed the stats of Singalian Horseman. Giving them +30 in all weapon profencies and +1 in both their power strike and power draw

Adding a new troop that upgraded from Singalian Spearman, a Singalian warrior

Some characteristics of this new troop- They will all have Singalian scale armor and either a D'shar Bow or Nomad Bow they will also carry singalian noble sword or death sabre and have a Dshar or Torbah shield.
Stat wise they will be slightly weaker than a Dshar Bladesman except when it comes to archery they will have more power draw. Meant to be flexible and can be used as infantry or archers.

Adding a new shock infantry (lightly armored, fast, hard hitting unit) to the Ravenstern

Northmen and Highlanders. If you played the "Wedding Dance" mod they should look familiar.  Northmen upgrade from Ravenstern Footmen and the Highlander upgraded from the Northman.

Stat wise I wanted to make the Highlander comparable to the other cultures shock units like the Ferd Berserker, Empire Gladiator, and the D'shar Scorpion Assassin

They wear some awesome looking kilts. They're very light weight but don't give much protection. Theyll use Pendor Great swords, Claymores, and Warspears, and various throwing axes and spears. THe upgraded Highlander unit has a chance to spawn with sheild but not the Northman.

Other notes
Unfortunately wont be save game compatible.
In order to fit the new kilts in I had to remove some items. THe safest and easist ones to remove were some of the Rune Weapons that weren't used by any of the unique spawns. So doing Hidden Minez probably wont be a good idea with this mod  but if you do it you might get a nice looking kilt!!

Below are some pics of the  Northman and Highlander units

mb9j.jpg

By reaver456 at 2011-03-26

mb10oy.jpg

mb11t.jpg

mb12q.jpg

mb15o.jpg

By reaver456 at 2011-03-25

mb13f.jpg

mb11m.jpg

Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Critiques are welcome.

I don't think he will give permission though since there was a minimod in the past that did some troops edits (as well as a map) and it was deleted due to SD's request.

Indeed,

As Modred said Reaver, please PM SD before you go ahead and make any actual modifications yourself.. As in the past we've been pretty stringent on the kind of changes we will allow..

Adding a mini-mod like castles or arena's to change scenery is one thing, changing design concepts is entirely different subject all together.

regards,

MP

Here's another mod for the game,
Texture Fiddling

This mod retextures all of vanilla M&B items to look more detailed. It complements PoP well as most of the Native items' textures were left untouched in PoP.

For installation, just copy the textures folder over to your PoP directory. There will be a few files that will override PoP's textures, just click no when asked to override them.

Also, if you want more skyboxes, be sure to check out Better Skyboxes.

reaver456 said:
Mini Modification in the works if I have permission to release such a mod cause it messes with many of the PoP files and Ill also need permission from "The Wedding Dance" Devs to release it because I ported the textures over to PoP.

What I plan on tweaking
Added upgrade paths for some of the other faction units in particular now you can upgrade

MettenHeim Regular infantry>MettenHiem Greatsword> MettenHiem Hauptmann> Forlorn Hope

Veccavi Kral Guard> Veccavi Krom Guard

Veccavi Horse> Veccavi Knight> Veccavi Queens Guard

Barclay Heavy Footman> Barclay Lancer> Barclay Conquistador

Buffing the Singalians a bit.

There troop tree feels weak so basically buffed the stats of Singalian Horseman. Giving them +30 in all weapon profencies and +1 in both their power strike and power draw

Adding a new troop that upgraded from Singalian Spearman, a Singalian warrior

Some characteristics of this new troop- They will all have Singalian scale armor and either a D'shar Bow or Nomad Bow they will also carry singalian noble sword or death sabre and have a Dshar or Torbah shield.
Stat wise they will be slightly weaker than a Dshar Bladesman except when it comes to archery they will have more power draw. Meant to be flexible and can be used as infantry or archers.

Adding a new shock infantry (lightly armored, fast, hard hitting unit) to the Ravenstern

Northmen and Highlanders. If you played the "Wedding Dance" mod they should look familiar.  Northmen upgrade from Ravenstern Footmen and the Highlander upgraded from the Northman.

Stat wise I wanted to make the Highlander comparable to the other cultures shock units like the Ferd Berserker, Empire Gladiator, and the D'shar Scorpion Assassin

They wear some awesome looking kilts. They're very light weight but don't give much protection. Theyll use Pendor Great swords, Claymores, and Warspears, and various throwing axes and spears. THe upgraded Highlander unit has a chance to spawn with sheild but not the Northman.

You're mini mod does a good job of fleshing out the troop trees but there are some issues that may affect the balance of the game. For instance, most of the proposed changes for the foreign nations won't be pronounced since we cannot recruit them in great numbers. The Barclay footmen that we can hire while expensive, can also be gotten fairly early making them a "shortcut" for knight caliber troops. The singalians warriors might also be too strong for a minor faction, especially because they already have the temptress it's best to limit them to smaller numbers or else you'll you may overpower Burgli's armies. Finally, while highlanders do look good, they are also too similar to berserkers and the Ravenstern troop tree doesn't really need them anyway. My suggestion is to shift them to the Mystmountain barbarians and make them stronger versions of their warriors, and tone down their levels abit to field a larger horde.

Well it will be hard to upgrade Barclay Footman to a Lancer because they're already at a high lvl. Also it will be extremely hard to upgrade the Lancer to a Conquistador because of  their high lvl and unless you cheat the only way to really get them to upgrade to a conquistador is with the experience the lancer gets during battle which is slow. The conquistador is on par with knighthood lvl troops. But they will be very hard to train up so I wouldn't say its a short cut. Actually theyre harder to train up than hero adventurers.

Also the Singalian troop I added is an upgrade from the singalian spearman but theyre still pretty mediocre troops.

I like your idea of making the Northmen and Highlanders part of the Mystmountain. But how would that fit with the lore though? Lore wise it just seems they would fit more with actually being part of the Ravenstern,

Thanks for the castle pack conversions, very nice addition, but i would like to make a slight complaint on the castle for Seven Cross Keep, all the archers are ineffective on the walls and are useless after the enemy reaches the bridge and goes into the first gate, then our forces just duke it out on the stairs for however long. Its a cool castle, especailly if you need to retreat back up to the top, but its not that entertaining or efficient to defend. Thought id bring it up

Disable routing tweak by Treebeard. Posted it here for easy access.

Treebeard said:
I think routing can be disabled.

If we look in mission templates it has this trigger:
Code:
      (3, 0, 0, [
          (try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
            (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
            (agent_is_alive, ":agent_no"),          
            (store_mission_timer_a,":mission_time"),
            (ge,":mission_time",3),          
            (call_script, "script_decide_run_away_or_not", ":agent_no", ":mission_time"),
          (try_end),          
              ], []), #controlling courage score and if needed deciding to run away for each agent

If I disable that (native code) trigger, then routing will no longer be possible. Alternatively, the mission time could be set to a high value which will extend the time before routing can start.

Disabling the timer makes for less CPU stress which is a second positive effect. A third option would be to modify the lower-level script named "decide_run_away_or_not".
I could do either and then compile and then tell you which changes are needed in mission_templates.txt.

(An easy way to disable the timer and keep the change minimal is to just add a line like: (eq, -1, 0), before (try_for_agents, ...), )

So, I did that and here is how to change your mission template.txt to disable routing (- if my theory is correct):
Find this line in mission_templates.txt:
3.000000 0.000000 0.000000  7 12 1 1224979098644774912 1704 1 1224979098644774912 1702 1 1224979098644774912 2370 1 1224979098644774913 30 2 1224979098644774913 3 1 3 936748722493063821 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 3 0  0

Change it so it reads this instead:
3.000000 0.000000 0.000000  8 31 2 -1 0 12 1 1224979098644774912 1704 1 1224979098644774912 1702 1 1224979098644774912 2370 1 1224979098644774913 30 2 1224979098644774913 3 1 3 936748722493063821 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 3 0  0

Test on own risk, but it should work :smile:

Back
Top Bottom