Recommended sub-mods for Prophesy of Pendor (WB Version only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks Reaver, is the "viking" cities that got new walls/defenses ? i felt they they where very boring and the same.

none of the towns were altered just the castles. Yes a few of the castles in the Ferdevian (I know I didnt spell this right) have been altered.

Also a lot of the new castles are much larger and have what look like villages and towns in them. But as we know castles are barren lonely places with no populace im working on a little mod right now to see if I can add town and village people in castle scenes. 

Im seeing if I can use some of Idibil's code from Brytenwalda to implement castle walkers in Prophecy of Pendor. Cause the castles feel large and epic but barren.

There's this one castle in your complication that has two defense walls. One is the castle border walls which you can climb over, the other is the castle itself.

...What made me rage about it is that to ENTER the castle, you have to pass through the gate...

The gate is closed and there are no other alternative routes. The AI just scream and yell at each other at either side of the gate.
Was this intended or should I revert it back?

Which castle is it in game? Also if its the one I am thinking of with wooden gate. I should be destructible. Gotta hit it a bit then it will rise up and the carnage can begin. Your freindly Ai should be attempting to strike the enemies on the other side of the gate which in turns makes them actually strike the gate its self and do damage. It takes a  minute for it to be destroyed but once you do enough damage the gate will lift up and allow your people in.

Heres a video of the castle I think your talking about being used in another mod. Skip to about 2:00 into the video shows them destroying the gate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evrjVFlo_OE

or is it another castle you speak of?

reaver456 said:
Which castle is it in game? Also if its the one I am thinking of with wooden gate. I should be destructible. Gotta hit it a bit then it will rise up and the carnage can begin. Your freindly Ai should be attempting to strike the enemies on the other side of the gate which in turns makes them actually strike the gate its self and do damage. It takes a  minute for it to be destroyed but once you do enough damage the gate will lift up and allow your people in.

Heres a video of the castle I think your talking about being used in another mod. Skip to about 2:00 into the video shows them destroying the gate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evrjVFlo_OE

or is it another castle you speak of?

Yeah it's that castle. I downloaded your updated castle compilation too.

And found another error.. forgot which castle it was since it was a few days ago and I procrastinated posting it on forums... Funny though.

6iYYm.jpg

well ill test that castle again more closely. (Start a new game use cheat to get a bunch of soldiers and seige it.)
author=Babaganoush

And found another error.. forgot which castle it was since it was a few days ago and I procrastinated posting it on forums... Funny though.

6iYYm.jpg

Talking about the floating trees? Ya I noticed that too and some other castles have bit pieces of buildings floating in the air. Guess I could of deleted those things in the scene editor but wasn't to worried about that as much as was worried about there being AI path finding issues. Did you have any AI path finding issues in that castle as well?

Ill take a closer look at the wood gated castle you mentioned before. If its real buggy ill just replace it back with the native castle and update the compilation.

Danath said:
Arena overhaul... won't it make mounted NPCs act even more stupidly?

I haven't noticed any more stupid Mounted AI than with the native arenas. AI mesh was really well done in that mod. Both footed and horses know how to get around the objects. But occasionally one of the mounted may get hung up. But I haven't noticed that happening much. But more likely to happen is you can make the horses get stuck if you lure the mounted units to the edge of the arena they tend to get hung up but that happens in the native arenas as well.

reaver456 said:
well ill test that castle again more closely. (Start a new game use cheat to get a bunch of soldiers and seige it.)
author=Babaganoush

6iYYm.jpg

Talking about the floating trees? Ya I noticed that too and some other castles have bit pieces of buildings floating in the air. Guess I could of deleted those things in the scene editor but wasn't to worried about that as much as was worried about there being AI path finding issues. Did you have any AI path finding issues in that castle as well?

Ill take a closer look at the wood gated castle you mentioned before. If its real buggy ill just replace it back with the native castle and update the compilation.

Danath said:
Arena overhaul... won't it make mounted NPCs act even more stupidly?

I haven't noticed any more stupid Mounted AI than with the native arenas. AI mesh was really well done in that mod. Both footed and horses know how to get around the objects. But occasionally one of the mounted may get hung up. But I haven't noticed that happening much. But more likely to happen is you can make the horses get stuck if you lure the mounted units to the edge of the arena they tend to get hung up but that happens in the native arenas as well.

You do notice that the wall is floating, right?  :lol: and that there doesn't appear to be an actual castle there... to me.

ok finally got home to work on this and so far identified 4 problem castle in the pack all from Utrehd's pack. Currently looking over the castles and will update this post if I find more.

Will change these back to native

1.High Cliffe Castle
2. Mobray Castle
3.Silver Edge keep
4.mysthorn keep

OKay I updated the better castles compilation. The four castles below have been reverted back to the way they originally were and now only 17 castles are modded instead of 21.
1.High Cliffe Castle
2. Mobray Castle
3.Silver Edge keep
4.mysthorn keep

If you'll run into anymore problems with the castles post here and tell which castle you had trouble on.

Thanks for the update. Also you said that the dynamic groups do not work on sieges. Is this just not included in the updated mission_templates or not possible to fix?

Reason why I ask is I want my archers to charge up that ramp after they run out of bolts since they're useless in the back. The problem with telling all the archers/xboxmen to charge is that some may still have bolts... and clog up the ladder traffic. That and I want them to get killed/knocked out so I can have my reinforcements spawn with archers who actually have arrows and are useful.

There is still a problem with Dynamic Groups for me, when you give an order to infantry, any dismounted cavalry will briefly change back to the cavalry group before changing back to infantry. (You can see it using the minimap, infantry icon (brown) changes to cavalry (green) for a second before turning brown again.) Thus, the command you gave to cavalry will apply to them as well.

Babaganoush said:
Thanks for the update. Also you said that the dynamic groups do not work on sieges. Is this just not included in the updated mission_templates or not possible to fix?

Reason why I ask is I want my archers to charge up that ramp after they run out of bolts since they're useless in the back. The problem with telling all the archers/xboxmen to charge is that some may still have bolts... and clog up the ladder traffic. That and I want them to get killed/knocked out so I can have my reinforcements spawn with archers who actually have arrows and are useful.

It can be implemented for seiges. But the reason why it wasn't added by default is because during a defensive siege your archers will make a b line for your infantry group as soon as they run out of ammo. But as you may or may not know archers on the defensive side of a siege will get their ammo refilled after they run out of ammo.

Aetavicus said:
There is still a problem with Dynamic Groups for me, when you give an order to infantry, any dismounted cavalry will briefly change back to the cavalry group before changing back to infantry. (You can see it using the minimap, infantry icon (brown) changes to cavalry (green) for a second before turning brown again.) Thus, the command you gave to cavalry will apply to them as well.

Did you use the updated dynamic group code? But yes I noticed they do flash back to calvary for a split second but then go right back to the infantry group and follow what ever your infantry group is doing. That what happens for me anyways.

Which reminds me I think I haven't updated the dynamic group code on the first page ill do that now.

never mind just checked the file for the missons template on the first page it is the updated code.

Yes, I'm using the updated code. What I'm experiencing is that they keep moving back and forth between my infantry and cavalry since I give orders quite often.

Aetavicus said:
Yes, I'm using the updated code. What I'm experiencing is that they keep moving back and forth between my infantry and cavalry since I give orders quite often.
This is unfortunately the game engine acting up. The devs said they hadn't tested the operation/command I am using and it seems this is a "hiccup" in that operation.

To reduce the amount you notice this, you could change the
to something smaller, such as

as that is the interval (in seconds) with which the tweak code checks that agents are staying in their coded divisions. Making that number too small (the check too frequent) may have a negative impact on your performance, however.

Is there no way to add some of the features of diplomacy in this mod? I think it would be great to have more diplomatic options in this mod. There is a lot lacking because of the lack of diplomatic options and other interactions between lords and such that diplomacy offers. Also, the recruitment mod in diplomacy would be a great help. Is there anyway to implement that?

No diplomacy isnt compatible with PoP. Probably could be implemented but with all the coding changes in PoP it be very difficult and it be like trying to create an entirely new mod in its self. Also no one but the devs have access to the source code so  none of us will be able to implement it as well.

Also you can auto recruit troops from villages that you own by talking to your town or castle steward. Doesn't spawn a physical recruiting party but has the same function and if you have a training grounds built at your fief those recruits will auto upgrade over time as well.

man another castle ill take a look at that.  Ill probably just end up reverting that castle back as well. Ill try to update the castle pack when I get some time

Back
Top Bottom