Your Bike

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a torquey bike. You'll probably loop it backwards of you slip off the clutch, or with the power, you'll get yourself into a situation where your skills won't be adequate. Riding takes a lot of experience especially in the turns. If your bike is too fast, you'll undoubtedly enter a turn at too high a speed and crash. Negotiating turns at higher speeds requires committing and being confident on the bike, two things new bikers just can't do.

Just get an 80s Japanese standard. They're cheap, and you can get decent and manageable power while still having room to grow. And even if you didn't get any money back by selling the bike after you learned to ride, you'd still lose less money after buying a new bike than if you only bought a new bike to learn on, crashed it, and then gotten it repaired. And for reference, 80s Japanese standards like a CB450 Nighthawk sell for less than $1000 in the US. I imagine they're cheap no matter where you live though, just because of how ubiquitous those types of bikes are.

The problem is, Bikes are not really available where I live (Morocco) , you have to import them from europe . So you're stuck with the most used and famous bikes aka : CBR RR, Tmax, GSXR and such. I don't think cb450 is available here, otherwise it makes for a good choice too

Well, it's a Honda, and all Size of CB bikes were massively produced. I'd be seriously surprised if you couldn't find one. And I'm not suggesting just a CB, any Japanese standard from the 70s through 80s will likely be very mechanically sound, available for under 1000USD, and easy to repair if you break it. Not to mention if you don't wreck it, when you're done learning, you'll likely be able to sell it to someone else for near the same price you bought it for.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Anyone in Europe that fancies a motorcycle holiday this summer?

I vote Jace, but be prepared to drive 10mph slower than usual  :mrgreen:

Much as I would love a biking holiday, I can't afford this year. I haven't even been able to get it MOT'd/taxed yet, and it was due at the end of Feb :sad:  Must remember to take off battery and charge it this weekend, and hope that next weekend it doesn't snow again so I can take it to the garage  :roll:

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Anyone in Europe that fancies a motorcycle holiday this summer?
You pay for fuel & food, no? :grin:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
I vote Jace, but be prepared to drive 10mph slower than usual  :mrgreen:
I'll let you lug the 50kg backpack next time and see how tight you'll take those corners then. :I

Hey guys, check out my sweet ride.

vy5bb8.jpg

I have that question, I heard that the kawasaki ninja 300 is a great starter bike,but is it roughly the same size than a ninja 600 or smaller, cause i'm 186cm tall and don't want to look ridiculous when riding it

No pictures of my bike, but dad sold the R1 and bought another FZR600r, like mine. Nice to have exactly the same bikes. I also ordered a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver which will arrive tomorrow; really looking forward to trying that.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Anyway, got out on my bike today, first proper time this year as when it was meant to be MOT'd (February) we still had snow on the ground, and I don't do 2 wheels + snow (I barely do 4 wheels + snow), and then my battery when flat and needed recharging, and then I decided it needed servicing as well as MOT'ing.

Alas, didn't get any pics whilst out, I totally forgot. But here he is back home in the stable:

hs46h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom