Your Bike

Users who are viewing this thread

True. I swear that we do not have a decibel limit here. ****ing trucks and motorcycles here with huge exhausts go belting down the road....and I get ****ing pulled over for having my music "too loud" when their exhausts are clearly louder than my music....

BattleOfValmy said:
Familyguy said:
Me at a Local Raceway:

http://www.tineye.com/search/3cb5cd6ce41bcbf867f310f3eada9925bb8bc3a6/

wat

Haha, well stalked, Seff would be proud! I did think that the image looked rather like some glossy-magazine advertisement picture.

Trevty said:
Am I the only one that finds it really hard to believe that you guys (other than Tibertus) ride these bikes?  It just clashes with my mental image of your personalities.

Don't see why it's so hard to imagine; you must've seen album pics of L-L and Jace, they even look like bikers IRL.

Tibertus said:
I think the Kawasaki is too big for her though.

What, height, weight, engine size, or all 3?

Mostly just the seat height of the bike. I'll admit I'm not familiar with that particular model, but bikes with sport chassis tend to be a bit high for shorter people, especially women.

Just looked at the seat height, turns out it's only 29" and some change, maybe you can tippy toe it.  :razz:

I can indeed tippy-toe it! In fact I can get the sole of 1 foot almost flat (although it does require leaning some of the bike's weight against my leg, but I have fairly strong legs).

I imagine the only problem for me will be slow-speed riding. I dropped the Suzuki GS500 about 8 times during my test period, and that's of a similar height. The ER6n isn't all that sporty though, more of a naked streetfighter, and it's only 75kg or so heavier than my current bike. The smallest cruiser I wanted (the Dragstar, they're called V-Star over there) was a 650cc and it weighed 230kg, I could have managed that weight but I really would have struggled with anything larger. I sat on a VN900 in the show room and couldn't even get it upright from its side-stand position (although both feet were quite flat on the floor at the time).

Stupid heavy cruisers. :/

I find cruisers fairly easy to use despite being heavy, just because they usually have a low center of gravity. I was able to lift up a Harley Fat Boy that an older guy had dropped on the side of the road without much difficulty.

As for naked street fighters, they usually tend to have a sports frame though and a sporty (but slightly softer) suspension. Gives them similar height and weight distribution characteristics to sports bikes. Of course, bikes built by the manufacturer as street fighters are going to be a bit more different than a sport bike modified to be a street fighter.

Trevty said:
Am I the only one that finds it really hard to believe that you guys (other than Tibertus) ride these bikes?  It just clashes with my mental image of your personalities.
J_p2673_12.jpg
Also, I have this helmet just 'cause I like to have one when I go for walks, not for biking.
J_p1691_0.jpg

Several more pics of her with and/or under me and other TWers will follow during the summer months. :razz:
Can take a pic of me in my full biking gear though, would that help my credibility? :grin:
(Sounds like a plan for tomorrow.)

Well, as per the Cheese thread, I've gotten my new bike. Thought I'd post the pics and stuff here, and also a brief overview of my first impressions.

I've only ridden it 15 miles, but that involved a bit of city driving, some A/B roads, some motorway, and some small village roads. So far so good, it handles well, corners well and accelerates well. I've been taking it easy during the breaking in period so have been trying to make my transitions as smoothly as possible, and also have not been leaning too far into bends, as per the advice given to me by the dealer. Once the engine is fully broken in I'll have a better idea of what it can do.

Because it's unfaired, motorway driving was, of course, horrible. I now understand the wisdom in screens and fairings, but since I don't intend to be doing much motorway riding, I'm not overly bothered. The faired version would have cost more, and is in a higher insurance group, and I also prefer the naked street-fighter look anyway. The faired version is too sporty for my tastes (also the colour schemes aren't as good!)

Brakes are adequate for how I'm riding at the moment, though the rear brake doesn't seem as powerful as it could be. The bike's fantastically stable at slow speeds, though, and great torque through all the gears. Haven't taken it faster than 80mph (as that would put my revs at 6000+, which I'm advised not to do until the engine's broken in). Hopefully next weekend the weather will be nice, and I'll take it for a tour of the area, put it through its paces and see how it handles some of the smaller, twistier country roads.

Until then I shall show it off to everybody I know, regardless of whether they're interested in bikes or not.  :mrgreen:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Vilhjalmr said:
Can we make this thread about bicycles? Bicycles are much more to my taste.

I think it would be cool to build a bicycle with free-spinning wheels inset into the main ones so as to achieve a gyroscopic effect.

Bicycles are gay, STFU! Also, there already is a gyroscopic effect with the wheel, which is why bicycles and motorcycles stay upright.

Why would one want to remain upright while not moving? I for one don't really fancy my bike falling over whenever I slow down to crawl or stop.
But luckily I have balance and two feet.

Dont have a IRL photo, but heres what it looks like:

kymco-super-8-2t-scooter.jpg

Haters gonna rotate. It brings all the hoes to the yard, and theyre like, wanna give me a ride, and Im like, sure, hop in, its extremely comfy, and theyre like, whee.

I have to add some power to this once I get it back.

Back
Top Bottom