When is 1.106 coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

This isn't meant to be offensive at all, and I am really curious now.

Did it ever occur to you that, since this game is ~20$ less then most games, it might still have a few issues that caused them to decide to charge less?

Actually, they promised it would be the same as M&B retail, which was 30 bucks. Mind you, the only reason M&B was more stable at release was that they had it in beta for years. And the late beta was a 5 buck paid beta.

DrunkenOrc said:
This isn't meant to be offensive at all, and I am really curious now.

Did it ever occur to you that, since this game is ~20$ less then most games, it might still have a few issues that caused them to decide to charge less?

I understand your point, however money has nothing to do with if a game is buggy or not. I would never buy a game, not even for $1 which did not work as it should. Also when me as a cutomer is asking when a fix for my problems will be released most of the "veterans" of the community is insulting me. Haha, that just show what kind of people who are actually sticking around. I have no respect whatsoever for these "veterans" after what i've seen so far. Let's just hope these are the "bad" ones and that most people are not as hostile as these morons.

meh if the guy is having problems let him vent. The game has issues. And honestly this being their second commercial release there shouldn't be this many bugs. That being said I can't agree that it's unplayable. Just.... Not there yet.

Op guy why not try a different style of play for now? Try being a bandit? Or merchant? See how well off you can retire your character. Some things are a bit fubar but there are options.

Roh said:
meh if the guy is having problems let him vent. The game has issues. And honestly this being their second commercial release there shouldn't be this many bugs. That being said I can't agree that it's unplayable. Just.... Not there yet.

Op guy why not try a different style of play for now? Try being a bandit? Or merchant? See how well off you can retire your character. Some things are a bit fubar but there are options.
Yes, that's what i'm doing right now since I am too addicted. I am actually playing in the north and western part of the world. Since i've found out mostly of the bugs are in the Sarranid part. However imagine that if I have problems and have actually played Mount & Blade original are starting to get annoyed. What do you think people that play this game for the first time thinks?

People should stop beeing so "senstive", it's like when I say there are bugs making the game pretty much unplayable for me; everyone feels that I insulted their pride or something. Just get over it, they should be glad someone pointed the stuff out. I myself work as a programmer, I love when people actually adress what is wrong rather then pointing out what is good. Since I already know what is good, and would love to make "wrong" things into good things.

Feloth, your just speaking your mind. Don't let these ass hole bother you. I made that mistake. The rude and aggressive people from this community have caused me more frustration and annoyance than the infinite bugs in the game. If all these fanboys wanted to support the "devs" all the damn time, maybe they should be polite and helpful on here. People who realise how buggy the game are for the first time are ALL going to come on here and complain more than likely. If they want to support the devs they will treat each and every one of its customers respectfully so that they can say "you know what the game isnt 100% right now...but thats okay because these people are being very kind considerate. If they can find patience enough to help someone new and confused like me out, then i can be patient enough to wait a bit longer without bashing Taleworlds." BUT INSTEAD all you get is troll after troll after troll just cussing you out and treating people like ****ing ****. Its ****ing annoying and ridiculous.

I have nothing against speaking someone's mind. I DO have an objection to five to ten threads all about the same freaking bug. It's not as if the devs do not know about these bugs. What helps is when you report it on bugtracker not to say,"ZOMG THIS BUG IS TEH BREAKIN MAH GAEM!!!!!11!!!on!!!One!!111!!!!!eleven!!!!!" Give a detailed report on what the bug is, what its effects are, that sort of thing. And please, for ****'s sake, don't make threads about it if there are already five others.

Because everyone is a seasoned ****ing forums user. If these confused people bother you so much, why do you bash every single one? Why waste your time. Just ignore them. If they knew everything about the game, and everything about the forums, they WOULDNT have posted here to begin with. So obviously they dont? Give them a break. Trolls make trolls. Assholes make assholes. Polite and kind people make polite and kind people.

Feragorn said:
I have nothing against speaking someone's mind. I DO have an objection to five to ten threads all about the same freaking bug. It's not as if the devs do not know about these bugs. What helps is when you report it on bugtracker not to say,"ZOMG THIS BUG IS TEH BREAKIN MAH GAEM!!!!!11!!!on!!!One!!111!!!!!eleven!!!!!" Give a detailed report on what the bug is, what its effects are, that sort of thing. And please, for ****'s sake, don't make threads about it if there are already five others.

I never made a thread about a certain bug, I made a thread for two reasons:
1. I wanted to know if there was any rumors out there when they would apply the patch.
2. I wanted the developers to realise that this is a very important patch, and they might discuss it and think "Hey, lets release the patch now since there is alot of people having problems".

I am not trying to insult or making fun of how the game is made, since the game is very good. I usually never pay for games thanks to the power of torrents, but I want to show the developers my support and therefor pay for their games. And as a thank you I would actually at least like if they fixed the major bugs as soon as possible. (I am not saying they got little to do, but I am only one voice in this and talking from my own perspective).

I hardly think the developers would actually feel offended by me trying to "force" the patch out of them, they can simply release a "small hotfix" or they can calm me down by going: "Don't worry Feloth, we are working on it and will soon release it.". Yet instead I get insulted by people who do not read my whole post and bend my post into beeing "rude". Yet I do not really care at all, I simply just wish this could be a lesson for you and you might think on it in the future. Insulting people just because they have a problem or wish to get something earlier then you think is accepted is just plain stupid, specially if the person you are insulting actually paid the developers money. :smile:

@Timohept
You're completely right. However since I do not get offended I do not mind replying to them. I am currently waiting out one of my sieges in M&B Warband, which is up to almost 80min due to NPC's stuck in the ladders. Haha, so I have time to read and reply to everyone :smile:

Timohept said:
Because everyone is a seasoned ****ing forums user. If these confused people bother you so much, why do you bash every single one? Why waste your time. Just ignore them. If they knew everything about the game, and everything about the forums, they WOULDNT have posted here to begin with. So obviously they dont? Give them a break. Trolls make trolls. Assholes make assholes. Polite and kind people make polite and kind people.

I'm not saying that. Did you read the rules? It says explicitly to use the search function. It repeats it whenever you make a thread as well. So use it! It would prevent a lot of the clutter around here, and keep people from sounding like assholes whenever they say to just look around for the same thread you just posted!

Please. I understand you want the game to succeed. You report a bug, fine. Don't make a thread about it after you do that though. Because other people will have reported the bug. It tells you if it's a known bug or not, right? And one thread about a bug is fine. MAYBE two. But three or more is just beating a dead horse.

Although this thread is becoming more entertaining than the game its self, I'd suggest we keep our argument civil.

Accept that you were right on some points and wrong on others. Feloth, you have every right to know when the next version is coming out, but it would have been possible for you to phrase your post in a manner which can't be interpreted badly. Feragorn, you're right that people shouldn't make several threads about the same bug, but you could have directed Feloth to a better thread or place to discuss this rather then telling him to not post at all.

Too lazy to speak directly to everyone here, but you get the idea.

I politely challenge you to think this over for a few seconds, then not respond to this or any other post with any anger.

Sound fair?

Feloth said:
Feragorn said:

I never made a thread about a certain bug, I made a thread for two reasons:
1. I wanted to know if there was any rumors out there when they would apply the patch.
2. I wanted the developers to realise that this is a very important patch, and they might discuss it and think "Hey, lets release the patch now since there is alot of people having problems".

I am not trying to insult or making fun of how the game is made, since the game is very good. I usually never pay for games thanks to the power of torrents, but I want to show the developers my support and therefor pay for their games. And as a thank you I would actually at least like if they fixed the major bugs as soon as possible. (I am not saying they got little to do, but I am only one voice in this and talking from my own perspective).

I hardly think the developers would actually feel offended by me trying to "force" the patch out of them, they can simply release a "small hotfix" or they can calm me down by going: "Don't worry Feloth, we are working on it and will soon release it.". Yet instead I get insulted by people who do not read my whole post and bend my post into beeing "rude". Yet I do not really care at all, I simply just wish this could be a lesson for you and you might think on it in the future. Insulting people just because they have a problem or wish to get something earlier then you think is accepted is just plain stupid, specially if the person you are insulting actually paid the developers money. :smile:

@Timohept
You're completely right. However since I do not get offended I do not mind replying to them. I am currently waiting out one of my sieges in M&B Warband, which is up to almost 80min due to NPC's stuck in the ladders. Haha, so I have time to read and reply to everyone :smile:

In response to your wish to have the developers calm you down a bit, send one of them a polite PM asking about the patch. They will respond, and you will have your answer. And to your second point about being "rude on the forums", I have been here longer than you have. Therefore, I have seen my share of trolls and retards. You are not one of them, you are just angry with how our response went. This is Taleworlds, get used to it.

Also, I paid the developers money for both games. 30 bucks for M&B, and 30 for Warband. I have just as much say as you do in how they manage things. Which is to say, minimal.

DrunkenOrc said:
Although this thread is becoming more entertaining than the game its self, I'd suggest we keep our argument civil.

Accept that you were right on some points and wrong on others. Feloth, you have every right to know when the next version is coming out, but it would have been possible for you to phrase your post in a manner which can't be interpreted badly. Feragorn, you're right that people shouldn't make several threads about the same bug, but you could have directed Feloth to a better thread or place to discuss this rather then telling him to not post at all.

Too lazy to speak directly to everyone here, but you get the idea.

I politely challenge you to think this over for a few seconds, then not respond to this or any other post with any anger.

Sound fair?

good call man. If we could all accept that someone is gonna disagree with you no matter what you say, but I doubt there is a person anywhere that could do that let alone on these forums lol.

A good workaround for the issue with the ladders is to regroup your forces, then order them to charge.

If the bug reappears, just rinse and repeat.

It helps if people aren't blatantly antagonistic about it.  In this case, regardless of intent, Feloth used a definition for the problem which is definitively false.  The game isn't unplayable.  it may be in a state in which Feloth doesn't want to play it, but it is a functional game none-the-less.  So describing it as "unplayable" implies the person making the statement is either:

A) Incapable of communicating in the English language.
B) Over-exaggerating the issue for effect, which (combined with factor A) is an outright fallacy by their own admission.
C) Intentionally trying to create a thread to generate attention without actually content (commonly referred to as trolling).

Either way, none of those factors do anything to help get the core point across.  In fact, all of them work against that point.

For the naysayers, the game is still buggy and some bugs are gamebreaking experience, but to the developers credit, they are trying very hard and as fast as they can.

Here's a temporal hotfix for the annoying popup, as the dev said, backup the files and your savegame, I've been playing it in the last 2 days, only texts are messed up.

Lord Tryko said:
Don't be such a **** and stop whining like a kid!
You're the only person that has so many problems with M&B, so I assume the problem is with you and not with the game! Show some respect to the devs and shut the **** up. Reinstall the game and try again. If it's not helping, then you must be retarded and an *******. AI doesn't get stuck on stairs in my game, so a conclusion is - you're a fool!

Look, fanboy, someone can report dissatisfaction without being insulted, it won't harm TaleWorlds. Learn some manners. I have sometimes the same trouble with ladders, although less than before.

We need more of these threads! I am sure that none of the devs are aware that there are still bugs in the game so we should flood the forums!

Feloth said:
I am not trying to insult or making fun of how the game is made, since the game is very good. I usually never pay for games thanks to the power of torrents, but I want to show the developers my support and therefor pay for their games.

Need to stick my head in here and reply to the comment in underline/bold.  Up until this area I agreed with you on most of what was said.  Seeing as you are supposedly a programmer yourself, you don't find this aggravating?  Why would you admit to anyone that you do this?  I'm sorry but this is just moronic and....... and .... well it's just plain stupid. 

I know this forum can be rough, somewhat, but with what was said you deserve whatever comes your way for admitting this. 

Back
Top Bottom