Whats really going on in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that he's addressing minor issues instead of tackling real problems like DHMO, which have been swept completely out of the public eye. For gods' sake, the stuff is a major component of acid rain and yet it's still completely unregulated in our tap water.

The dihydrogen monoxide hoax is a deception that involves the use of an unfamiliar name for water ("dihydrogen monoxide"), then, by listing some negative effects of this chemical, attempts to convince people that it should be carefully regulated, labeled as hazardous, or banned. The hoax is designed to illustrate how the lack of scientific literacy and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears.[1] "Dihydrogen monoxide", shortened to "DHMO", is a name for water that is consistent with basic rules of chemical nomenclature,[2] but is not among the names published by IUPAC[3] and is almost never used.
A popular version of the hoax was created by Eric Lechner, Lars Norpchen and Matthew Kaufman, housemates while attending University of California, Santa Cruz in 1990,[4] revised by Craig Jackson (also a UC Santa Cruz student) in 1994,[5] and brought to widespread public attention in 1997 when Nathan Zohner, a 14-year-old student, gathered petitions to ban "DHMO" as the basis of his science project, titled "How Gullible Are We?"[6]
"Dihydrogen monoxide" may sound dangerous to those with a limited knowledge of chemistry or who hold to an ideal of a "chemical-free" life (chemophobia).[6] The only familiar common usage of the term "monoxide" is in the highly poisonous gas "carbon monoxide", and the simplified term "monoxide poisoning" is commonly used to refer to poisoning by this colorless and odorless substance.[7]
The joke has been frequently extended over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

Nice try boys.

Wait, you actually looked it up? My god you are truly less mentally advanced than a flattened dust bunny. Dihydrogen Monoxide is literally H2O. :neutral:

Besides that, your quote proves that Shatari used it well.
the hoax is designed to illustrate how the lack of scientific literacy and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears.[1]
WHOOPS THAT LOOKS A LOT LIKE THAT CRAP WITH YOU AND THAT OTHER ESCAPED LUNATIC ABOUT ****ING FLUORIDE IN THE ****ING WATER DOESN'-****ing-T IT?

FrisianDude said:
Wait, you actually looked it up? My god you are truly less mentally advanced than a flattened dust bunny. Dihydrogen Monoxide is literally H2O. :neutral:

Besides that, your quote proves that Shatari used it well.
the hoax is designed to illustrate how the lack of scientific literacy and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears.[1]
WHOOPS THAT LOOKS A LOT LIKE THAT CRAP WITH YOU AND THAT OTHER ESCAPED LUNATIC ABOUT ****ING FLUORIDE IN THE ****ING WATER DOESN'-****ing-T IT?

You actually expect him to connect that with what he says? Oddly enough the DHMO hoax generally has more credibility than the **** he believes.

Well, alright, but I genuinely hoped that he realized that any mention of DMHO was used to rib him and to remind him of the fact that his ideas are slightly off-kilter to phrase it nicely.

Florida Professor Arrested for Having a "Suspicious" Bagel on a Plane

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Florida-Professor-Arrested-for-Having-aSuspicious-Bagel-on-a-Plane-112825029.html

I guess Bagels in a box are seen as Al-Qaeda now. The US government is causing total Salem witch hunt paranoia. Yes we gotta watch those bagels but our borders can go unprotected! Evil Al-Qaeda bagels will kill us all! Quick call the FBI! My goodness, this is what it has come to. It's only going to get worse folks. When are you going to wake up and smell the tyrrany?

"Passengers reported hearing strange noises coming from a plastic bag." Now the bagel is a ticking bomb? Oh my. You got a bagel on board you are going to jail, but if you run giant kidnapping rings like DineCore, or you smuggle drugs into the country your free to go!

It's ok for them to put their hands down your pants at the airports, or shoot you with gamma radiation before you get on your flight! They spend tens of billions of dollars on threat fusion centers, but if you are a law abiding citizen eating a bagels, that makes you Al-Qaeda boy!

Yeah, we are the big bad government boy, we are federalizing police right in front of you! What are going to do about it? We are going to scan your face, your license plates, heck, we might even put a micro chip under your skin, hahaha. What do ya think about that boy? Time to lick boots boy!

We are in control now!

Your government was trying to get the Pennsylvania state police to spy on the people but they knew that was illegal. What happened? They brought in the Israelis to do it for them. All over the news. Yes, they did.  Governor Ed Rendell has just ordered his state's Homeland Security director to cancel a $125,000 contract with an outfit called the Institute of Terrorism Research and Response. Oh he got caught with his pants down. Poor baby. Wrist slapping time! It's ok for people in power to break the laws, but get those guys with the bagels in the box! They are Al-Qaeda!

Al-Qaeda bagels? Must've been sprinkled with poppy seeds. :lol:

I'd be supsicious too if I heard a "bagel" make sounds though.

It's ok for them to put their hands down your pants at the airports, or shoot you with gamma radiation before you get on your flight! They spend tens of billions of dollars on threat fusion centers, but if you are a law abiding citizen eating a bagels, that makes you Al-Qaeda boy!

You obviously have a lack of...well everything related to intelligence. The man wasn't in trouble for the bagels. He had to suffer a minor annoyance as the crew made sure, and he was an ass during it, so they arrested him for disorderly conduct.

Yeah, we are the big bad government boy, we are federalizing police right in front of you! What are going to do about it? We are going to scan your face, your license plates, heck, we might even put a micro chip under your skin, hahaha. What do ya think about that boy? Time to lick boots boy!

lulz you are cute, stop reading Alex Jones and his little *****es. They don't care about information, they care about money, hence why all their articles or rants end with a nice little advertisement. You tell us to fight the government, I tell you to fight the Alex Jones corporation.

Your government was trying to get the Pennsylvania state police to spy on the people but they knew that was illegal. What happened? They brought in the Israelis to do it for them. All over the news. Yes, they did.  Governor Ed Rendell has just ordered his state's Homeland Security director to cancel a $125,000 contract with an outfit called the Institute of Terrorism Research and Response. Oh he got caught with his pants down. Poor baby. Wrist slapping time! It's ok for people in power to break the laws, but get those guys with the bagels in the box! They are Al-Qaeda!

No source on the first statement. The second statement...what are you *****ing about? That he was getting rid of something you have been crying about, most likely in the name of budget cuts? And the bagel comment, already discussed.
he had a suspicious package in the overhead compartment

Passengers reported hearing strange noises coming from a plastic bag

Probably the keys moving around, hitting the walls. That would sound rather odd, now wouldn't it? But oh no, lets not think of the possibilities.

You wouldn't be complaining if it turned out to be something..baaaaad.

When confronted by the US Airways crew about his "suspicious package," Milatovic got on his cell phone. The crew asked him to hang it up and sit down. When he refused, he was cuffed.

Florida Professor Arrested for Having a "Suspicious" Bagel on a Plane

Yay for misleading headlines! See, he wasn't arrested for the package, he was arrested for being an ass and not obey the crew's orders to sit down and hang up, which the airline has the right to do.
[/quote]

He's turned into another ancalimon who can speak decent English. Jumping from one patch of lunacy to the other like a game of hopscotch, he's even started ignoring people.

you know, there are counties where you would be shot for making any one of these dumb "Fight the government" posts.

Life suxs. Freedom's not free. The social contract is bull****. STFU and take it like a "mature adult" or some other **** society is forcing on us.

Yes. I pledge to eradicate all foolness from the world. Let's start with whoever made that, and you for circulating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom