What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Where does the comma go in April Fools Day? Before or after the S? Or am I the fool?

o7X3n.jpg

Last edited:
It's also not in the spirit of the language. "Planeside" would mean to a random person something that's close to a plane in contrast to things that are far off, the same as in "planetside".
For example:
- Let's eat those planeside corpses first Pedro, the others are too scattered.

Planetside is not even in dictionary.com or Cambridge, but I see it's sci-fi for being on a planet. Planets (being round) don't have sides.
So planeside is just what's found on either side of a plane. Instead of saying:
- "the passengers are waiting on the right side of the plane", it's
- "the passengers are waiting on the right planeside".

Planetside is not even in dictionary.com or Cambridge, but I see it's sci-fi for being on a planet. Planets (being round) don't have sides.
So planeside is just what's found on either side of a plane. Instead of saying:
- "the passengers are waiting on the right side of the plane", it's
- "the passengers are waiting on the right planeside".
Never seen it used so it must be period-specific or regional.
Planetside on the other hand is widely used when you are in orbit. It means on the planet, not on the planet's literal side.
The origin word was probably stateside as referring to the US when you are not in it.

So it looks like I might have to say goodbye to Windows 7 soon. However, after a few minutes of reading into Windows 11, the upgrade process looks like it might not be straightforward. Microsoft is quick to point out that you must have Windows 10 in order to upgrade to 11. A couple posts on their support forum say that's not necessarily the case: you can upgrade from Win 7 to 11, but you have to go about it differently than most people would if they were upgrading from Windows 10. Tbh I'm a noob at this stuff: I upgraded a laptop from Win 7 to Windows 10 once, but that was years ago, and I don't remember how I did it. I might have done it right from Windows Update if the free upgrade period was still in place. I also read something about Windows 11 requiring a CPU built in the last few years: mine might be like 8 years old now. (Was it that long ago? :eek:) I could build a new PC, that would be fun, but for the little gaming I do anymore it might not be a very smart way to spend $1500-$2000 right now. No easy choices. I'll have to do more research some other day.

Back
Top Bottom