What pissed you off today v. IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Dryvus said:
So pissed that Boss was cancelled after two seasons. It would've been one of my favourites had it continued and with the same quality. I can't believe there were only 3 seasons of Deadwood too. It seems like it has been longer, but that may be because I watched it several times over. I don't get sick of the show.
I know what you mean. I was so disappointed when they canceled Rome. :sad:

Ambalon said:
Mrs. Dryvus said:
So pissed that Boss was cancelled after two seasons. It would've been one of my favourites had it continued and with the same quality. I can't believe there were only 3 seasons of Deadwood too. It seems like it has been longer, but that may be because I watched it several times over. I don't get sick of the show.
I also liked Rome.

Teofish said:
I think I'm the only person on earth who absolutely hated Mad men. I really miss a show called Carnivale from a few years back though.
Mad Men took a little while to grow on me, or for me to become attached to the characters enough to be really interested in what happened to them. I like it a lot now. As for Carnivale, there are some fervent devotees to that show. I'd give it a chance but I think it only had one season, right? It'd be too disappointing to love it, knowing that I'll only have like 8-12 episodes.

RoboSenshi said:
Ambalon said:
They really didn't have a choice. It was expensive as hell despite the critical acclaim.
Wasn't the problem more that it didn't have enough viewers to cover the expenses?

Mrs. D: Eeerrrrhmmm! Firefly!!! And it had two. Problem was it was planned to run for four, but since they were told before filming season two started it was being cancelled after that they had to whove three seasons worth of story into one to get proper closure. So the last season felt rather stressed and rushed and ended up omitting a lot of the smaller subplots.

My problem with Mad men is that I thoroughly despise every single major character, as well as the entire industry that is the backdrop of the series. So watching it just becomes a fist-clenching ragefest for me.

RoboSenshi said:
Ambalon said:
They really didn't have a choice. It was expensive as hell despite the critical acclaim.
Not to mention historically speaking it'd just become all about Octavian/Augustus after season two.

Teofish said:
Mrs. D: Eeerrrrhmmm! Firefly!!! And it had two. Problem was it was planned to run for four, but since they were told before filming season two started it was being cancelled after that they had to whove three seasons worth of story into one to get proper closure. So the last season felt rather stressed and rushed and ended up omitting a lot of the smaller subplots.
I thought of Firefly actually when I was writing that post. I still watched it despite it having already been cancelled by the time I started. Ambalon is right. Some of these shows only have cult followings, though sizeable, that are not large enough to support them. Meanwhile, Pawn Stars, Toddlers in Tiaras, Mike and Molly and such ****e get to live on. No, there is no justice in this world.

I pissed myself off today. Had to finish **** by six but I couldn't bring myself to start 30 minutes before that. Obviously I didn't finish it in time. 5 hours later, I still haven't achieved much because I don't know how to continue and my brain just won't think properly.

And I have to do a presentation (which I previously failed) tomorrow too. Which I also have not prepared adequately and I've made myself sick with nerves again. I get nervous because I'm unprepared, I'm unprepared because I'm a ****ing twat.

Goddamnit.

Mrs. Dryvus said:
Teofish said:
I thought of Firefly actually when I was writing that post. I still watched it despite it having already been cancelled by the time I started. Ambalon is right. Some of these shows only have cult followings, though sizeable, that are not large enough to support them. Meanwhile, Pawn Stars, Toddlers in Tiaras, Mike and Molly and such ****e get to live on. No, there is no justice in this world.
There's actually been talk of Netflix reviving Firefly again like they did Arrested development. Though to be honest I'm kind of scared they'll ruin it.

Teofish said:
Still haven't seen. Can't do three hours without smoke break so waiting for the DVD release. Hate cinemas anyway.

It's nice and fun. Don't know about you but we had a break about halfway through.

Also: 3D and HFR really look...interesting. Though, I'm not sure if it was just me and the power of suggestion, or the picture actually was smoother.

Teofish said:
I think I'm the only person on earth who absolutely hated Mad men.
14kcgvb.gif

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Teofish said:
Still haven't seen. Can't do three hours without smoke break so waiting for the DVD release. Hate cinemas anyway.

It's nice and fun. Don't know about you but we had a break about halfway through.

Also: 3D and HFR really look...interesting. Though, I'm not sure if it was just me and the power of suggestion, or the picture actually was smoother.
Already checked, they don't do that here. And I forgot about the immense difficulty in finding it in regular 2D. I know I'm weird about it. But when I watch a film I want to watch it, not be inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom