Weapons Damage

Users who are viewing this thread

wbelorocha

Recruit
I wanted to know what the best kind of weapon to throw at, sharp or blunt weapons. I always liked to use swords, but I noticed that the damage that I cause is simply ridiculous compared to contuntendes weapons, armor in this game has a GIANT weight ... I wanted to know if I have to leave equal in Native at least for the sharp weapons Cause normal damage

To be honest, I have no idea what you are asking.  But in defense of swords, if you get the right ones, they are still perfectly fine, even against very heavily armored troops.  Remember, here Power Strike goes to 15, and there are one handed swords with damage 50+, speed 100+ and reach 110+ (all at once)

And that's just the non-magical swords.  The magical ones can be even better.

I have a bunch of favourite weapons in every role, depending on if I'm taking prisoners or just going on a rampage.

1h:
- Elven Noble Sword (lethal option, fast and long for a 1h sword, 49c/46p base damage. Excellent cavalry sword, and fast/strong enough for dueling even the toughest opponents.)
- Long Gothic Mace (non-lethal option, 36b damage mace, very nice mace, excellent money maker paired with the Jousting Lance)

2h:
- Highelf Sword (lethal Guard Crush 167 range greatsword, 57c swing/47 thrust. Masterwork version turns anyone using it into a god of war, overhead strikes ignore pathetic enemy attempts at blocking, only thing stopping you from turning into a human lawnmower is enemy archers.)
- Knight's Warhammer (non-lethal 2h/1h hammer, 84 speed/80 range, 40b swing. Fast for a blunt weapon + excellent damage, though shorter than the Long Gothic Mace. 2h/1h weapon-type makes it great for cavalry use)

Lance:
- Knight Lord's Lance (lethal lance, 266 range, 30p base damage, stunningly good lance with huge reach advantage, shame it doesn't make you much money).
- Jousting Lance (non-lethal lance, 225 range, 18b base damage, this humble stick is the best weapon in the game because everything you hit with it turns into gold)

Polearm:
- Kingsman's Poleaxe (lethal polearm, 73 speed/166 range, 56c swing/52p thrust, also Guard Crush capability).
- Redmoon Halberd (lethal polearm, 78 speed/180 range, 62c swing/62p thrust, slow/no guard-crush but good reach and insane damage)
- Knight's Darksteel Polehammer (non-lethal polearm, 74 speed/150 reach, 40b swing/45p thrust, Bonus against Shields, Unbalanced, Guard Crush. Very well rounded weapon)

Bow:
- Darkforest Ranger Bow (can be used from mount, 98 accuracy/98 speed, 40p damage, 10 Power Draw required. Best bow in the game, I've killed more people than the Black Plague with this masterwork of a weapon. It's not just a weapon, it's a celebration of war, death, and human carnage. It's a legendary weapon, but if you're lucky you can pick it up from the Magic Merchant today! Sidhethon at Forniron also has an offer you can't refuse...)
- Perisno Flatbow (dismounted only, 96 accuracy/82 speed, 40p damage. 9 Power Draw required. Slower, and slightly less accurate than the Darkforest Bow, and can't be used from a horse. However, the lower Power Draw requirement means you can use it earlier, and it's easier to use buffed versions of this bow than the Darkforest Ranger Bow, for even more insane damage.)

Crossbow:
- Bladed Crossbow (dismounted only, 92 accuracy/35 speed. Slower and less accurate than a Darkforest Bow, but hits just as hard and doesn't require 10 skill points in a game where every point counts. Extremely hard hitting weapon that everyone can use, can also double as a mediocre battleaxe in a pinch.

Throwing: Aroulo Leaf Bomb (12 shots, 108 speed, 50p base damage. Hilarious mini-grenades that do splash damage in a small zone. Perfect for blowing up crowds of peasants or distracting tougher opponents, but you'll need some points in Power Throw to make these little bombs into lethal killers)

I'd also add high-tier Yumi bows to your list as they can piecre armor since the last patch and can potentially do the highest damage (compared to other bows) vs highly armored enemies.

I'm not 100% on any of this, so take it with a grain of salt.

The below links go into this discussion:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=137021.0
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=332916.15

There's a lot of information that goes into how damage is calculated, and that is the primary driver of what weapon to use. But in terms of weapon choice the important lesson is that, the more damage you do, the less (by percentage) that armor protects.

In terms of blunt vs cut vs pierce, this means that at low levels of strength, weak weapons and low power strike, blunt weapons are more powerful than they are at high levels.

Given the weapons available in Persino, it is my opinion that for high level players, companions and units, a good cutting weapon(elven noble sword) is superior to a good blunt weapon (long gothic mace) even against heavily armored enemies (60+ armor).

If the Long Gothic Mace was a little longer, a little faster or had a bit higher damage this would change, but given those values I'll take the elven noble sword.

Note that an exception exists for siege cluster****s where a high range weapon is actually a disadvantage, and those short hammers (with bonus to shields) can be superior since they are more easily swung.

I must be missing something.  Why so much love for the Elven noble sword?  My balanced assassin's sword is 50c, speed 108, and reach 115, and there are definitely better swords.

Eh, I prefer the Elven Noble Sword because;

- It looks really cool. It even has glowy runes on it.
- Balanced version has 52c, 112 speed, and 105 range. Hits harder and faster, and 105 range is enough for me because I use a Twilight Horse, not a Wyvern (which has a higher saddle and requires longer weapons to work out).
- I don't have much trouble finding them.
- My Geldarin Dukes use them, so I can pick them up off the floor in sieges.

For what it's worth, the Assassin's Sword may be a better cavalry sword because of the extra 10 range. I just like fast swords.

I mean, the best 1h weapons are probably the 1h/2h legendary weapons like Skyfall and Spirit of the North, but I haven't got around to finding any of those yet - I haven't been putting as much time into Perisno as I'd like.

Talinoth said:

- Balanced version has 52c, 112 speed, and 105 range. Hits harder and faster, and 105 range is enough for me because I use a Twilight Horse, not a Wyvern (which has a higher saddle and requires longer weapons to work out).

For what it's worth, the Assassin's Sword may be a better cavalry sword because of the extra 10 range. I just like fast swords.

I mean, the best 1h weapons are probably the 1h/2h legendary weapons like Skyfall and Spirit of the North, but I haven't got around to finding any of those yet - I haven't been putting as much time into Perisno as I'd like.

I managed to snag the "Spirit of the North" blade from one of those Nisayin (sp?) armies and the named hero leading it.  In another playthrough, snagged Skyfall from Zaladek, and the Demon Sword (can't remember it's name) from Iolach (sp?).  I'm terrible with names...  -.-

Talinoth said:

I managed to buy a Masterwork Ancient Greatsword (1h/2h) from the Mystic Merchant at around level 25, I've been using it ever since. 59c and 52p is amazing w/ it's ~120 reach and ~110 swing. It's valued at 280000 just in my inventory, can't imagine how much that would have been to buy.

That's quite a fast duelling sword you have there. That's a great jack of all trades weapon.

Hmm, it's damage and speed value (110? That's actually quite fast...) are high enough to make it a good cavalry sword even with the damage penalty for being used 1h/being on a horse, and it's longer than most 1h weapons, while still being able to use a shield. Not bad.

If I had a sword like that I'd use it too. Mainly I stick to the Masterwork Highelf Sword when I'm on foot, and the Masterwork Long Gothic Mace and Balanced Jousting Lance when I'm on horseback. I'm still under the impression the Highelf Sword is the best infantry weapon in the game, but I can probably still improve other parts of my melee weapon collection.

I don't have a good selection of 1h/2h swords - the Dreaded One and Zeladeck keep getting instantly defeated before I get to fight them and grab the Dreaded Sword and Sword of the North - which is very sad. Kingslayer is a great collector's item but it's only a second-tier weapon, and I don't remember how to get Nisaynian's Legacy.

I've been focusing on pumping up my stats for the past hundred or so days so I haven't really been finding much better equipment lately. Nobody really stays alive very long against the Kingdom of Perisno - not long enough to farm them for good loot. I think I'm pretty much done with this playthrough already.

Talinoth said:
That's quite a fast duelling sword you have there. That's a great jack of all trades weapon.

Hmm, it's damage and speed value (110? That's actually quite fast...) are high enough to make it a good cavalry sword even with the damage penalty for being used 1h/being on a horse, and it's longer than most 1h weapons, while still being able to use a shield. Not bad.

If I had a sword like that I'd use it too. Mainly I stick to the Masterwork Highelf Sword when I'm on foot, and the Masterwork Long Gothic Mace and Balanced Jousting Lance when I'm on horseback. I'm still under the impression the Highelf Sword is the best infantry weapon in the game, but I can probably still improve other parts of my melee weapon collection.

I don't have a good selection of 1h/2h swords - the Dreaded One and Zeladeck keep getting instantly defeated before I get to fight them and grab the Dreaded Sword and Sword of the North - which is very sad. Kingslayer is a great collector's item but it's only a second-tier weapon, and I don't remember how to get Nisaynian's Legacy.

I've been focusing on pumping up my stats for the past hundred or so days so I haven't really been finding much better equipment lately. Nobody really stays alive very long against the Kingdom of Perisno - not long enough to farm them for good loot. I think I'm pretty much done with this playthrough already.

Not sure if anyone knows this, but if you manage to capture Zeladeck twice, you can get Skyfall twice and give the second one to your household guard :grin: Oh, and I didn't have the game open at the time but my ballpark was off, MAG has 109 speed and 111 reach, 53p.

the Dreaded One and Zeladeck keep getting instantly defeated before I get to fight them and grab the Dreaded Sword and Sword of the North
Dreaded sword not worth hunting for it like crazy... Skyfall is completely different story, because even with all penalties of 1/2h it still fast and strong and has crazy range, i used it as 1h on horse and as very fast 2h on foot.
Also Spirit of the North isn't a legendary, just a best 1/2h weapon used by troops (Valahir Berserkers), but it loses to Skyfall.

Back
Top Bottom