In Progress Legendary Smith not working for weapons with only 3 parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)

KRBLACK

Recruit
Summary:
Legendary smith allows creating weapons of legendary quality. According to the patch notes any weapon with an average component tier of 4,5 or higher has a chance to be legendary with the perk.

However for weapons with only three components I can never get a legendary variant, even when using all tier V components.
I presume the game calculates the average component tier by simply dividing by 4, even when there is only 3 component slots.

The maximum average tier is then 3 * 5 / 4 = 3,75
This is enough for mastercrafted level, but not legendary. This is in line with observations after crafting dozens of weapons.

How to Reproduce:
Unlock legendary smith and give yourself 330 smith level.
Select any weapon category with 4 components all at tier V. Craft 50 items, and you will have legendary variants.

Select any weapon category with 3 components all at tier V. Craft 50 items, and you will have no legendary variants.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I ran the game through a debugger and tested two-handed axes with all three Tier 5 pieces. In AdjustQualityRegardingDesignTier, the value for weaponDesign.UsedPieces.Count() is 4 and should be 3. Not sure why the guard is being counted, unless there is another bug the prevents that piece from being null and you're forced to use a placeholder.

This issue was resolved in another post.

Back
Top Bottom