B Antiquity [WB] The Aztecs (Warband 1.143) (Suspended)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a sneak peak of the jaguar being texturized,dont expect good quality yet cuz I suck at texturing and photoshops,for now just adding colors and not texture per se,not sure about adding a cottom texture or feathered textured,also doesnt have specular or normal maps
no colored parts are in black so they cant be seem due to black bacground

jaguartextured1.jpg

also since there is no a exact acurate depiction on how the suits looked I will add little details by myself

cuz cronichles say that the spanish sayd the suits where so well crafted and detailed that they compared them to the best and prettiest garments of silk so I guess they would have been more ornamented than we thought even if in little details,cuz most acurate depictions are the codex and some statues and yet those seem to be having the most basic details

EDIT: also texture size is 720x720

Revan Shan said:
I said yes to invasion, but only if I can start as Spanish! I don't want to be a ****ing indian with a stick...

Very funny. :grin:
but the invasion always starts a year after the game starts. but i have made a work around even before i started working on this game.
2 Spanish Factions. Cortes, and the Viceroyality of New Spain.
these guys arent "****ing indians with sticks". they are European "Natives" that have sticks that are made of metal, have metal tips, or shoot fire, or shot from a cross looking thing. (crossbow. yes. crossbows are staying, unless i have to remove them in order to adapt the crossbows to be guns, because remember i said when i set a gun to actually work, it used crossbow bolts even though i set it as a firearm and blah.)

RJMC said:
also since there is no a exact acurate depiction on how the suits looked I will add little details by myself

cuz cronichles say that the spanish sayd the suits where so well crafted and detailed that they compared them to the best and prettiest garments of silk so I guess they would have been more ornamented than we thought even if in little details,cuz most acurate depictions are the codex and some statues and yet those seem to be having the most basic details.
i know for sure that the cotton armors were soaked in brine to give it it's strength, but i don't know if it had anything to do with looks. i also wonder if the cotton was sort of padded?

Also RJMC, do you even play M&B Warband? you might get some ideas of how the suits are used and stuff like that, and you could also just test your weapons yourself.

and also, im not editing the poll, so ill put it here.

Should i switch this from Warband to With Fire And Steel? they already have guns, and suiting armors. but the Module system isn't out yet, so i cant tweak it to what i need, like naming factions. i personally want to stay with warband until more and more people want this on WFaS later on. but one thing that really makes me want to switch: the new Volley Fire. imagine that with aztec atlatls and arrows. along with the cannons i intend to put in, along with the spanish guns, its heaven on that game. perfect for this era, too!

Oxtocoatl said:
Ajolin, just so that you know, there is an expansion to Medieval total war 2, called Kingdoms. It includes four separate campaigns set around the world in the medieval times. One of them is called the Americas. There you can play as Aztecs or Mayas as well as the invading spanish, which is pretty fun.

Once again good luck with this mod, which seems to be getting along fine. I am very anxiously waiting for a release!

Yes, i know. but sadly i misplaced my Kingdoms disk, and i dont intend on buying another. ill try ahrd to dig it up, and post lots of screenshots of the game if i get it. it would be a major boost to our ideas. also, im sticking to my troop trees i made, but im switching Jaguar and Eagle warriors around, and adding Skull Warrior as the highest rank. also, ill need to add another branch to the archers, the Atlatl throwers. it shouldnt be hard, its exactly like the javelins already in the game.

Edit: RJMC, Chapotletl is accepted as an aztec name, and you now have your own in-game NPC.

Also, i need Aztec city, fortress, and village names. the more the merrier. i accept all submissions, from random people, to trusted team members. until i find out how to add more towns, the 4 former swadian towns are taken to make that single massive Tenochtitlan. ill also need Aztec general names. all that is the same with everyone except Cortes. i need something to work with! i dont want medieval names on the map when i release Open beta!

sorry for double post.
Poll Results:
Yes: 13
No: 12
it was very close, but majority wins. this will be an invasion mod, which somewhat goes along with the title, and gives time for the player to prepare. im too lazy to edit the top post, its midnight again.

yes I know the cottom armors where padded or something like that,though not sure really

I mean more on the aesthetic details,like if they have some decals or something like that,little visual details
but I guess we are free to add any as long as is not to far from the real way

also another thing
the eagle suits will have wings in the arms,but I dont know if I should make them a whole wing or segmented,cuz if the arm moves,a whole wing may bend in a bad way so I think it will be better if the wings is composed of separated part on the arms instead of a whole wing,if you know what I mean

also I dont know how to implement stuff on warband otherwise I would have tryed to add weapons and maybe the suit

aslo is count of flanders still in the team? havent seen a reply of him lately

I see if I can find names for aztec cities

this map has name of cities
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Aztec_Empire_1519_map-fr.svg

for non aztec places I know a few

tzintzuntzan was the purepecha capital

zaachila was the zapotec capital at the time

chichen itza was the main maya citi at the time

q'markaj was another maya city

I will see more names later

Sorry I've been out of town for about a month now so I'll try to answer the last post but forgive me if its not what your looking for or its been answered I haven't been around for a while but I am a history buff for this region/time period. The ichcahuipilli (cotton armor) was padded, and soaked in brine to make it harden a bit. If you want a picture of what it looked like its basically a white quilt.
aztec4figure11.jpg
It was worn as an undershirt a tunic (for regular warriors) or the animal skins (elite warriors) went over the cotton armor. It worked similar to chainmail. Great at stopping slashing weapons, decent for projectiles, but pretty bad against piercing or stabbing attacks.

Also what eagle warrior are you using? I've seen images of the "wings" on the arms were made in 2 parts one going from the shoulder to the elbow and one part going from the elbow to wrist. But more often I've seen eagle warrior depictions of just a guy covered in feathers that makes him look like he has a bright scale mail suit over him no wings though, but they did have a standard/flag tied to their back.

im pleased to announce i have unearthed an Elite Macahuitl from my basement! this Maca (aka Medieval II: Total War; Kingdoms; Americas campaign) will surely aid us in out quest to get ideas of outfits and town names!

Edit: ALL HAIL THE AZTEC EMPIRE!!
0050.png

illapa said:
Judging by the amount of red on your minimap that fight didnt go well did it?  :razz:
oh no i murdered those Tlaxcallans, i barely lost 1/3 of my guys. gotta love the Coyote Priest chants. i also defeated the Tlaxcalla faction on turn five... muahahahahahahaha!

0055d.png

Edit: Back onto the subject of the mod, i have gotten rid of those nasty 'tentacles' on the map, but i have a slight tear in the map. i have no idea how to fix it at this point, and i may have to make a brand new map. but do you realize how long that map took me? forever!  and its not perfect even without the tear. ill try to keep my patience with Thorgirm's map editor, but if it continues to be ignorant, ill have to persuade someone from Gab's team to make it for me.

Red is the tear i mentioned, Blue is the Aztecs, Black is the Maya, Yellow is Spain+Cortes, Purple is the Tarsacans, and White is the Tlaxcallans.

mesobigminimap.jpg

mesofullmap.jpg

and where will the mixtecs and zapotecs be?

anyway I know you may not like this but I think it will be better if you make another map that includes more of the yucatan peninsula and less of the north,but you can make it later

also sorry for the lack of updates but I have been busy,also I started to make some basic cottom vest cuz if ajolin is close to release the first beta or alhpa or whatever them maybe I thinks is better to make other armors and add them a simple unfinished test texture so the beta have more content when released

well that depends on you ajolin,should I make more but unfinished armors or keep focusing on finishing the jaguar suit?

may post some pics later of the cottom vest

UPDATE

here is a image of the cottom vests
cottomvests.jpg

I made them in "categories" the 2 above are supposed to be light version,the one of the left a sleeve less one and the right one one whit sleeves and longer leg protection and segmented
the 2 under are the heavy vertion,the left one whit a "skirt" or whatever thats supposed to be leather strips,find it better to just make them as a skirt rather than indivicual leather strips,is based on one of the drawings of the osprey books that was psoted before,the right one is a plain vest whitt he loincloth
the middle one to the right is supposed to be a "medium" and you can see is like a cross beetwen the light and the heavy one

off course those are my descriptions,we can mix them in anway we like but atleast as basic cottom vest they work

if you want I try to make a quick texture and send it to you so you can add them before releasing the beta

I hope there is not problems like clippings or things like that

:smile: can the Aztecs and conquistadors have different item menus ?
the Spanish can have the normal one for cavalry while the Aztecs can have it replaced with a jewellery and piercings slot

matmohair1 said:
:smile: can the Aztecs and conquistadors have different item menus ?
the Spanish can have the normal one for cavalry while the Aztecs can have it replaced with a jewellery and piercings slot
I'm pretty sure those are already on the armors. Plus, you aren't either race, you're just there. The item slots are for the player.

if changing the menus is possible and not much time consuming them maybe
but I guess is better to allow players playing as native to be able to ride horse but the skill must be take in some way and not a default one
I have been very busy lately so sorry for no update these days,probably the next week can continue

I posted some unfinished loincloths some pages back,they will also have some poncho looking clothing but it will be very simple clothing overall unless is a armored civilan or something like that

ill be taken away from the Mod too for some time, maybe a week and a half. ill try to come back asap, but i will not allow this mod to die.

~Ajolin~

tarascans are going to be in the mod for sure,called purepechas

problem is that there is not much info about them

however I found that there was a movie made by a mexican director that is about a purepecha woman that resisted the conquest called erendira ikikumari or something like that
it shows the soldiers whit straw armor and the headress made whit straw too so I dont know
though it seem to be a more artsy movie rather than realistic using surrealist looking props and such rahter than focusing on a more realistic visual cuz its a low budget production
also the movie seems to use the same codices we are using as base

so over all, purepecha soldiers would wear cottom vest and some poncho like clothing that I like to call combat poncho

I am designing one right now using a few of some modern purepecha clothing which probably had similiar design to ancient ones
also after looking one of the pictures of warriors of a codice I noted that they seem to have helmet but maybe it was just a piece of clothing that covered the back of the heads but atleast it looks like those werent simple feather headbands
the image I mention is this one
el_universo_sagrado_de_los_purepechas3.jpg

also you can see they seem to have som huge cilindrical feather headband too

so thats how purepecha will look since is what we could find

and as I say before I want to try to make diferent armors to see if we can add them before the beta is released
added mroe color to the jaguar suit and now I will design atleast one armor to each native faction,making a purepecha one right now
next will be a maya one that will be another extravagant one too
them a tlaxcatlan one and a mixtec one and zapotec one
the 2 last may be tricky cuz I cant find much depictions of armors of those 2 cultures and there isnt much info about theyr warriors too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom