SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count of Flanders said:
I think so, as far as I know C.o.F stands for Count of Flanders :p

Hahaha, awesome. This is a fantastic project, guys. As well as The Veiled Stars. Seriously, keep up the good work  :grin:

Count of Flanders said:
Ah, seeing those again makes me want to get back to making westeros equipment  :smile:

They Look Awesome , thanks for those amazing armors my belgian friend.

~Ga nog maar wat armors maken ja, zal onze mod goed doen :smile: ~

Owen Wulfson said:
Here, this should be worth a peek. These armors are Courtesy of the Count of Flanders, a premier modder on these forums. Old news, but always interesting to see. Should provide for a stimulating conversation at any rate...

hornwood.png
ryswell.png
umber.png
karstark.png
manderly.png
manderlyhelm.png
tallhart.png
cerwyn.png
gloverb.png
dustind.png
wolfsguard.png
80648593.png
starkatarms.png
whitheknight.png
manderhelmwhite.png
combinede.png
karstarkkrkkr.png
umber.png
godswood.png
shild.png
crannog2.png
crannog.png
54355984.png
leatherwolf.png
clansman.png
flayer.png
manderhorseman2.png
manderhorseman.png

This fantastic bro . You are amazing :smile:

Just noticed this
godswood.png
If they are only for who whorship the Old Gods, there will be troops also for the others religion? Like Red Priests for R'hllor, Warrior's Sons for the Seven or Drowned Men for the Drowned God?

Of course only IF or WHEN you want to add religions

Gabridoc said:
Just noticed this
godswood.png
If they are only for who whorship the Old Gods, there will be troops also for the others religion? Like Red Priests for R'hllor, Warrior's Sons for the Seven or Drowned Men for the Drowned God?

That unit is a Godswood Keeper, the elite ranged units of the north. A complete image of their armor, including their helmet, is below.

godswoodddd.png

Their presence in the mod is in most parts as an elite tier unit, their religious affiliation is simply for tastes. The lore team has tinkered with them, and the basic story about them is this:

"An order of the greatest marksman and hunters in the North, Godswood Keepers are dedicated worshippers of the Old Gods. In times of peace they are sworn to protect the sacred groves and ensure the gaze of the Old Gods continues to fall upon their lands. In times of war they swear before a Weirwood tree to do all in their powers to stop the enemy before they reach the grove."

Game wise, northern archer units will be trained into them through master-at-arms in Northern Cities. The team will not strain itself to justify their presence, even if contradictory to source material, because this is their interpretation of the world of ASOIAF. They look cool, they can fit reasonably into the background, so everything is fine.

Gabridoc said:
Just noticed this
godswood.png

I do like the idea of implementing religions, I have thought about it a while ago and have come to a conclusion that I will only add religions when I will decide certainly how they should function in game and how I should code it all in. Religions shouldn't be just in 'Hi, you arrive @ Westeros, please choose your religion'. It should be a complex system with benefits and drawbacks, your relations with other lords and factions should depend on that and much, much more.

P.S. Now that I described my approach, if anyone is willing to seriously sit down and think it all over and through and present me with his version of thorough religious system, it would be great and might help later on religions implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom