Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gabe Lincoln said:
The game refuses to start with this module selected. I get to the loading screen, but then I get this message:
---------------------------
RGL ERROR
Unable to open file: Modules/Perisno_78_experimental_patch_A/Resource/materials.brf

It used to say : materials_face_gen.brf instead of what it says now, but I changed that to load directly from the module directory, and it gave me that but with a different file name, xenoargh_shaders_OSP this was the one I think. Now it does this, does anyone have a solution beyond load everything from the directory? It took a while to change all the mod resources to load from directory.

Warsword Rigale patch goes on top of Warsword Conquest.  It certainly won't load from Perisno.  So the first thing is to make sure you have the right folder where you're putting the patch.  To be loading from that directory you'd have to be selecting a mod called "Perisno_78_experimental_patch_A", which doesn't much look like Warsword Rigale.  But I know you mean well.  Its also possible you reckoned I'd answer sooner in this forum than at Perisno, which has all kinds of people moderating it and none of them are me anymore.

So... just had a bandit group spawn on top of me and attack me (not the town) while inside of a town. More confused than annoyed, but it's also kind of annoying. Really, the fact that resting in towns leaves you open to be attacked is just really frustrating, as it just means that large mobs can hunt you down with nowhere to hide, especially early on. It leads to some situations that are simply unwinnable through no fault of the player's, and makes no sense, since that's kind of what towns are supposed to protect against..

Weathercock said:
So... just had a bandit group spawn on top of me and attack me (not the town) while inside of a town. More confused than annoyed, but it's also kind of annoying. Really, the fact that resting in towns leaves you open to be attacked is just really frustrating, as it just means that large mobs can hunt you down with nowhere to hide, especially early on. It leads to some situations that are simply unwinnable through no fault of the player's, and makes no sense, since that's kind of what towns are supposed to protect against..

Actually what happened is you started to leave town, didnt get far enough outside town to see yourself as being outside the pixels taken by the town icon, and were forced to autocamp, which is a workaround to a "talk with npc" issue that camping and then breaking camp solves for you.  What was unexpected is the forced autocamp occurs on 1 hour timer boundaries, but you might have decided to leave town on minute 59 of that hour, so you effectively hadn't traveled far enough away to realize you're outside town.

This auto camp happens every time you click either of the Leave town options, even if you immediately click something else to go back into town; it also happens on leaving a battle.  These both got resets so that the talk context is reset for discussions with other nobles, your king if you are a vassal, anyone involved in a quest, npcs met in taverns, and so on.  The main issue was there are quests that pass with the workaround but hang without it.

As for getting mugged by bandits, I suppose its better than farmers and pitchforks, if only just a little...
As I recall, you mugged some farmers and now you got mugged.  Hopefully, a little knowledge and you won't get mugged, and the world will indeed be a better place.

- GS

Nope, was doing work in a village the first time, and clicked rest in town the second. Tried it multiple times on each occasion, they still got me each time (..a lot of angry alt+f4ing ensued...). Sounds like a bug. They were Beastmen territories, if it makes any difference.

Weathercock said:
Nope, was doing work in a village the first time, and clicked rest in town the second. Tried it multiple times on each occasion, they still got me each time (..a lot of angry alt+f4ing ensued...). Sounds like a bug. They were Beastmen territories, if it makes any difference.

Working in a village leaves you attackable, else if you were being pursued you could go to a village, ask to work in it, and have the pursuit drop, which would be an exploit that doesnt occur if you stay attackable.  I personally wouldn't work in a village at all; I'd get my medic guild skills up to around skill level 8 and hope for a nice epidemic I could treat to shoot the population's love of me up, while raking in the ducets.  Far more profitable if its a town though, and more so the larger your party size.  You can get funds at low skills but there is a higher chance of failure, which drops relations, plus you would need to up your guild political standing to at least companion/compagnon.  Its explained in the manual that downloads as a readme inside the Warsword Rigale mod files.

Be careful not to click leave town (either of the options at the end of the list); leaving a village also should activate autocamp.

I don't have time to go make changes though; I'm busy trying to study for a job (almost any job).  There's no bandwidth to code now.  I'm not at liberty to declare anything public domain either as it contains all of Nameless Warrior & Del's code as well as my additions, so the best I can do is authorize them to do with my changes what they wish and otherwise Nameless Warrior and Nunu are the only ones that have seen the code.  I still think Warsword Rigale is in more complete shape than Warsword Conquest but apparently after what 6 hours or so you think otherwise.  Its a free country; and free is the most I can get for it.  Unfortunately, I need to make about $500 a month to pay expenses so thats now my new priority.  Hate to put it that way :wink:

- GS

If you click leave town at any moment (to save or check you troops or smth), the auto camp will start a bit after time continues running.
So if you click "Rest in Town" and the auto camp kicks in - just click to stop it and go back in Town and click rest in town again. You'll sleep save and sound within the city walls then

Thank you for your work. I hope that you find another job. I understand that is your priority now.

I play now with the last version. Except for the bandit quest , there is no bugs. I didn't siege a dwarf town or castle this time.

Your work make me play warsword before the next patch.

lesommer said:
Thank you for your work. I hope that you find another job. I understand that is your priority now.

I play now with the last version. Except for the bandit quest , there is no bugs. I didn't siege a dwarf town or castle this time.

Your work make me play warsword before the next patch.

Thanks.  I am trying to get a test per week (each Friday) in for Server 2012 R2; I need to pass 5 tests.  It looks like the test centers close for a few days at the end of the year, so I may bang out a quick update, if I can recall all the things that the community need fixing, besides Naval combat.

I'd like to merge:
    a) the fixes to textures posted here earlier,
    b) the fixes for armies stuck at spawn points
    c) look at Wife as a Companion again, especially if someone could list as many Wife as a Companion failure points
    d) dialogs issues
    e) weapons speed/length issues such as dark elf crossbows
    f)  rebalance spawned bandits, because that is something I can fix in a few minutes if I think about it
    g) as many on/off toggles as the community expects are needed should be reserved in advance, as adding OR removing even one torpedoes savegames completely

I'm willing to look at a list of community requests, so long as it's understood I'll only have a few hours so most of them won't get effort.
    I'm more likely to focus on a version intended to support Nameless Warrior's New Year's reboot than yet another Rigale submod, not that Rigale doesn't need a lot of attention.  I figure if it helps Nameless Warrior, it makes it to Moddb.  Hey, not that it matters, but IF something like this happened I wouldn't complain if I got some linkin approvals out of it, not that I'm going to sink that low.  Yet.  Ask me again in 20-30 days tho, I may be grovelling further  :wink: 
    www.linkedin.com/in/glenn-sanders-450ab019

I'm hoping to get enough certifications by end of january to jump jobs.  I've gone from $1K USD a month (which was enough to live off of, although we were slowly burning savings, it was slow), now down to $500 a month, which for a family of 3 and not even counting saving for college for my 12 year old daughter someday, we're burning savings like crazy.  I have to jump.  And suddenly with 25+ years experience, I'm considered underqualified.  For anything.

So I'll need at least 2 months to requalify to do even the simplest IT helpdesk / admin positions, going about 3x normal speed through the tests.  I can do that.  That should get me back to what USA considers minimum wage, ie the highest paid salary in Bulgaria for non professional programmers.  I'm more of an IT desk person than a coder.  Its a pity coding video game mods isnt real programming, but its not.  It's pretty specialized and not really very universal, although I try to be a little outside the box and thus I get away with things (sometimes) that weren't expected.  It could always be better.  If you could see the source it would surprise you that some of it is pretty brute force basic and some is surprisingly elegant.  But probably it won't be visible until long after no one is interested in Warband  :smile:

- GS

Mr. Sanders,

I`d like to be able to toggle the + message on party screen informing abt. possible troop upgrades.

Because there are cases when an upgrade is not wished for. IMO, there is no need to upgrade Empire handgunners. There are other similar cases. It`s just a small niggle but I find it irritating as I by reflex sometimes do upgrades I don`t really want.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hey GS.
I was was reading that header_operations file you shared and stumbled upon something that gave me an idea. Well, basically it's a question..

It's about the workaround with auto-camp. Under Z06, Time-related operations I found the automated "rest_for_hours" command and wondered if you could set the resting hours to "0" and resting would still occur? (or alternatively the shortest period the script accepts). So I asked myself (and now YOU): if that works the workaround would be unnoticable for players, right?

I would've tried it out myself before bothering you but without the source code I have no clue what your current auto camp script looks like and I rather not touch that bunch of numbers :wink:

Also for your list:
c) I haven't married a lot but for me the adventurous wife worked, when I just married who ever wanted me she didn't come along. So not sure which persona she had. Also there is some speed marriage thing going on. I had relations -1 with her father, she said "Oh I'd love to but my father would never allow it." to which my char replied "Let's marry at once". So that was easier than expected :wink:

f) Bandits are being completely ignored by lords. Maybe this is intended but I noticed weaker patrols attack them when lords are close, expecting them to join in. Whatever prisoners they have join the bandits so after 200 or so days there are some MASSIVE (200-300) bandit parties here and there joining smaller fights and swallowing whatever can't run away

That's all for me. I hope all your plans work out as you hope for! Good luck

Hello everyone, I am having problems with castles that have been recently conquered, and this is not only with castles I have conquered, all the castles that were recently conquered are not receiving reinforcements from their lords.

And one last question, is the mod still in development?

thx.

xninjax said:
Hello everyone, I am having problems with castles that have been recently conquered, and this is not only with castles I have conquered, all the castles that were recently conquered are not receiving reinforcements from their lords.

thx.

This shares some code from Warsword Conquest which was re-tweaked by Motomaru at some point.  The issue is certainly in there, so I'll have to (someday) compare stock diplomacy versus the Motomaru AI used at Warsword Conquest.  Motomaru made some great stuff, so doubtless any breaks are from me.  There are places where Diplomacy wrote one set of routines and he wrote others, but folding them together there may be some intermediate code that was missed or needs to be written to better resolve the differences between two versions, especially if they differ in the use of variables or simply don't fill some value that another set of code far away in the source was expecting to find.  The source is currently > 140,000 lines; I often get huffy and say "yeah, you're welcome to do better, but actually its not fair.  the souce isnt open.  I have no rights to open it , in fact, which pretty much ends it.  Worst of all, the people that once had time to work on (anything) are all busy, in my case trying to survive a combination of poor health and extremely low (third world, vastly sub minimum wage) salaries, plus I am sole support for a wife and child in said 3rd world country.

None of which is a fair reply.  I expect to get the certifications needed to apply for a job around March of 2017; getting MCSA in Server 2012 from Microsoft and Windows 10 from Microsoft plus 1 elective roughly doubles my likely salary, from $500 a month to $1000 a month.  Thats what I was making before my work decided to punish me for coding both this and Perisno 7-series.  Darn pity this modding is worthless to my resume.  There is exactly no money in it, and its not really Python as Python goes. Its more strings formatted as Python then tokenized as parameters fed to a runtime interpreter (the Warband game engine).

So, you asked a question:  Is the mod dead? "Its in deep sleep until at least March."  After that I expect a few weeks of 50% activity, during which time I'll challenge some elementary Linux certs (I have a lot of VMs now).  I owe it to my wife and child to at least make enough to not raid from saving each month; the savings is almost gone from USA.  Including all my retirement monies.  I really don't have the luxury to not certify.  So I just flat out stopped coding.  But I didnt start certifying until I coasted all summer long, trying to get my priorities straight and generally working out my life.  I didn't code then either, so I can't say the mod is the reason why I'm not where I should be, notr where I should be the reason the mod is unfinished.  It just sort of started as a tsunami of effort and now can barely breathe, kind of like my health.  Its also hard to get a job when I am old/amcient, and with questionable health.  Too young for a pension, too old for a entry level job, too this and too that.  I'm only 55.

The good news is if it ever gets fixed I'll send the fix to Warsword Conquest as well.  This was sort of my visible bleeding edge, with Warsword Conquest supposed to get older and more mature code.  That worked fine during June 2016 but by July we all were burned out and disappointed with the project.  People are happy until they are unhappy, and my submod was sort of an open secret but not something I felt Moddb needed.  I dont have the Moddb password, and Nameless Warrior who does had his own problems to sort.  Theyre all ready to get started again, so I'm the last person still absent without a great excuse (AWAGE insteal of AWOL).

- GS

gsanders said:
xninjax said:

thx.

This shares some code from Warsword Conquest which was re-tweaked by Motomaru at some point.  The issue is certainly in there, so I'll have to (someday) compare stock diplomacy versus the Motomaru AI used at Warsword Conquest.  Motomaru made some great stuff, so doubtless any breaks are from me.  There are places where Diplomacy wrote one set of routines and he wrote others, but folding them together there may be some intermediate code that was missed or needs to be written to better resolve the differences between two versions, especially if they differ in the use of variables or simply don't fill some value that another set of code far away in the source was expecting to find.  The source is currently > 140,000 lines; I often get huffy and say "yeah, you're welcome to do better, but actually its not fair.  the souce isnt open.  I have no rights to open it , in fact, which pretty much ends it.  Worst of all, the people that once had time to work on (anything) are all busy, in my case trying to survive a combination of poor health and extremely low (third world, vastly sub minimum wage) salaries, plus I am sole support for a wife and child in said 3rd world country.

None of which is a fair reply.  I expect to get the certifications needed to apply for a job around March of 2017; getting MCSA in Server 2012 from Microsoft and Windows 10 from Microsoft plus 1 elective roughly doubles my likely salary, from $500 a month to $1000 a month.  Thats what I was making before my work decided to punish me for coding both this and Perisno 7-series.  Darn pity this modding is worthless to my resume.  There is exactly no money in it, and its not really Python as Python goes. Its more strings formatted as Python then tokenized as parameters fed to a runtime interpreter (the Warband game engine).

So, you asked a question:  Is the mod dead? "Its in deep sleep until at least March."  After that I expect a few weeks of 50% activity, during which time I'll challenge some elementary Linux certs (I have a lot of VMs now).  I owe it to my wife and child to at least make enough to not raid from saving each month; the savings is almost gone from USA.  Including all my retirement monies.  I really don't have the luxury to not certify.  So I just flat out stopped coding.  But I didnt start certifying until I coasted all summer long, trying to get my priorities straight and generally working out my life.  I didn't code then either, so I can't say the mod is the reason why I'm not where I should be, notr where I should be the reason the mod is unfinished.  It just sort of started as a tsunami of effort and now can barely breathe, kind of like my health.  Its also hard to get a job when I am old/amcient, and with questionable health.  Too young for a pension, too old for a entry level job, too this and too that.  I'm only 55.

The good news is if it ever gets fixed I'll send the fix to Warsword Conquest as well.  This was sort of my visible bleeding edge, with Warsword Conquest supposed to get older and more mature code.  That worked fine during June 2016 but by July we all were burned out and disappointed with the project.  People are happy until they are unhappy, and my submod was sort of an open secret but not something I felt Moddb needed.  I dont have the Moddb password, and Nameless Warrior who does had his own problems to sort.  Theyre all ready to get started again, so I'm the last person still absent without a great excuse (AWAGE insteal of AWOL).

- GS

Straighten out things with your home life first. If you treat mod development like some sort of an obligation to us you'll come to hate it and no one wins that way.

Just a quick question from me though since no one has been able to answer it so far: is there a way to disable the Marshal Levy feature that you guys included from Viking Conquest? It's the thing where your faction marshal can take troops from a player holding if the troop number/quality exceeds the holding's prosperity value. This has made garrisoning troops in castles nigh impossible.

Is it something from the .ini I'd have to set to "false" or an in-game option that I'm completely blind to.

Cheers, hope things work out with the certifications.

Hey, I have had a lot fun with this sub mod over the last few days.
I do have the minor issue that when I sneak into enemy towns about how the times it doesn't open the open town interface after I beat the guards or get the "succes" window, causing me to have to try again.

also I am wondering, is the players handbook in the first post updated with all the patches following the initial one ?

Edit : Might also be worth mentioning that is the lastest version I'm using

Ener said:
Hey, I have had a lot fun with this sub mod over the last few days.
I do have the minor issue that when I sneak into enemy towns about how the times it doesn't open the open town interface after I beat the guards or get the "succes" window, causing me to have to try again.

I'm afraid that's how it is for now. The only "hint" I can give you is to enable cheats and Ctrl/Alt/F4 the guards if you have to sneak in again and get caught

I wish I could make it public domain, but there is too much of WC in it.
  Ah well, maybe there can be a generic Bannerlord II mod that isn't boring to work with.  The art is something that doesn't belong to me so all the art, music, scenery, and items and such really aren't mine to make open.  I just don't have time to babysit it for now.

Hey so I have been wanting to play your submod and maybe I just cant read correctly since i am tired right now but I get an error message every time I try and start up the game saying "Unable to open file Modules/patch_Warsword_Rigale_02_H2b/Resource/textures_face_gen.brf" I am sorry if you had addressed this in the handbook and I just didnt see it. I would love to play your sub mod!

Back
Top Bottom