Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Zebo12345 said:
Wow! That was a very in-depth answer, and definitely useful. Thanks a ton! Good to know that most of my concerns were just temporary! :smile:

Well an in-depth report deserves an equal answer :smile:

You're welcome

I'm happy for the work incognito and others put into forum reports, testing, even the odd morgh's fixes.

I'll try to find something to add next month, besides off topic discussions of telescopes and such.  I wouldn't mind bannerlord kits either but to be honest theres a higher chance of me "finishing" this submod than bannerlord "finishing" releasing a modders kit, and anything but that is a non event for me.  I'll not buy M&B III just to get stuck in a native campaign, no matter how new it seems.  Been there / did that for "with Fire and Sword".

The question was made why arent there more than the 127 or so tradeskill recipes?  Mainly each new recipe needs a new menu addition, and it becomes tedious to do that for all 1200 or is it 1800 items in game.  As your skill in a crafting specialty rises more recipes are available, but essentially leatherworking has half the armors, woodworking has most of the weapons and shields, smithing has some weapons plus more firearms and half of the heavier armors.  Quite a few of these unlock around skill level 10 within a crafting specialty.

You could for example try one of my premade characters to see what a well rounded crafter looks like:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEUW1KTnJQTHROU0k/view?usp=sharing    (for H2b)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEaHgzb3RLUF82cmM/view?usp=sharing    (same but a little more trained up)
  rename that to for example  sg09.sav and paste it into your    documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/Warsword Rigale
    (or whatever you're calling this flavor mod).  You probably already have a sg00.sav so rename first then paste

I hope so, too. Also, you're very welcome. This submod gave me the motivation to peek into modding myself and it's way more fun than just "consuming" so thank you (and Nunu), too.

For me basically all that is left to fix here is the workaround thing. Everything else is fine/easy to tweak yourself. I asked Nunu a while ago if he can narrow the problem down to certain files/functions but he couldn't really tell without your input. I'd love to explore this bug, but I'm quite intimidated about the coding you guys put in this as of course it's unique stuff and therefore no tutorial that explains how it works and what does what.

Do you have any insights, GS? I mean - the leave town bug disappeared, when the freeze bug appeared so it's likely they are connected, right? Also I noticed that without camping after a battle/town visit the next battle leaves 0 parties that clean up properly when you defeat them again (autoresolve or normal fight). Since these matches the same conditions as the end dialogue freeze: does your wonderful coder-brain have an epiphany about a skript that applies to both battle AND dialogue clean-up? I'd love to fiddle around with older (leave town bug) files and the code there to figure out where a hickup might be hidden, but I have no clue where to look :/

Hey, i have been quite enjoying your mod for a while now :smile: Thank you for the hard work and sharing. I especially like that this has Diplomacy. very much enjoying the flow of the chaotic wars and alliances. Keeps things interesting :wink:

I just had a question about the AI resting at night.

Has anyone noticed that since the AI rests at night time everyone finds it very difficult to defend their castles/villages? In Native and warsword conquest the ai will move to defend the castles and villages when they are being raided/sieges. However i think with this version, because of the night camping, the AI lords mostly never reach them in time. I could be completely wrong but i think the AI is still raiding or sieging even at night time when they are supposed to be "resting" which effectively cuts down the time the defending lords have to get over there by half when compared to native. has anyone else noticed this?

Dazza87 said:
Hey, i have been quite enjoying your mod for a while now :smile: Thank you for the hard work and sharing. I especially like that this has Diplomacy. very much enjoying the flow of the chaotic wars and alliances. Keeps things interesting :wink:

Has anyone noticed that since the AI rests at night time everyone finds it very difficult to defend their castles/villages? In Native and warsword conquest the ai will move to defend the castles and villages when they are being raided/sieges. However i think with this version, because of the night camping, the AI lords mostly never reach them in time. I could be completely wrong but i think the AI is still raiding or sieging even at night time when they are supposed to be "resting" which effectively cuts down the time the defending lords have to get over there by half when compared to native. has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, it definately has an effect on that. They stop moving but as far as I could observe looting/besieging proceeds normally. But there is a main mod problem with the AI too I think. Enemy lords looting get ignored a lot. I've noticed several times when a 60s party is looting, sometimes a 150 lord just walks by as if they are invisible. Or are lords just not giving a crap about other lords property? No clue

Incognico said:
Do you have any insights, GS? I mean - the leave town bug disappeared, when the freeze bug appeared so it's likely they are connected, right? Also I noticed that without camping after a battle/town visit the next battle leaves 0 parties that clean up properly when you defeat them again (autoresolve or normal fight). Since these matches the same conditions as the end dialogue freeze: does your wonderful coder-brain have an epiphany about a skript that applies to both battle AND dialogue clean-up? I'd love to fiddle around with older (leave town bug) files and the code there to figure out where a hickup might be hidden, but I have no clue where to look :/

This requires a much more wordy answer than I have time for today.  My usual terse messages just won't do to answer this in the manner it deserves.

Umm, if you want a head start though, here's a file that helps in reading through source code:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWHBuaUFlOUwyQzQ/view?usp=sharing      header_operations.py

this is the bible of what the syntax means for every single line of Warband script.  If it ain't here, it don't exist -
or more to the point, you get the infamous "illegal opcode" red message.  If I had known to look here I'd have saved myself 4 months trying to understand scripting at the start of my Perisno days.  Before this I just guessed at what everything meant and hoped I was a good guesser.  I'd say I was a FAIR guesser, but the wrong guesses made me try 3 times harder than neccessary.

Start with this and then look at the Native code to see how the modules are laid out, what is found where.  It will take some time to train you to the point where you're anything but "dangerous" before we could ask Nameless to trust you with access.  in principle, I'm not against sponsoring you.  This would be step 1.

I _do_ have an answer, but it's "complicated".  Hope that makes you feel calmer.  That answer, quoting from Avatar, "Gives ME the Willies"...

- GS

Incognico said:
Dazza87 said:

Yes, it definately has an effect on that. They stop moving but as far as I could observe looting/besieging proceeds normally. But there is a main mod problem with the AI too I think. Enemy lords looting get ignored a lot. I've noticed several times when a 60s party is looting, sometimes a 150 lord just walks by as if they are invisible. Or are lords just not giving a crap about other lords property? No clue

This is in two parts.
  a) Night time the movement rate is set to 0, nothing else changes, so looting already in progress continues. 

b) Lords may not have relations mapped correctly due to the HUGE number of added lords in Warsword Conquest.
        It flows from an adjustment of Native, but native comments suggest the number of lords matters, as would heroes, but kingdom ladies isn't taken into account in native.  A huge array is built with supposedly status between lords being kept, but
I've been deeply suspicious this table is much larger than native documents.  Now we have 3 times the lords, 3 times the kindom ladies, and 4 times the companion heroes.  We have 3 times the kings.  The table ought to be huge.  I've resized everything around it to prevent other values from walking on this, but if the table is much larger than native documents, it nicely explains why mid and late games start to act wierd and lords stop hating each other.  A lord wont chase someone they dont hate; but relations between kingdoms constantly change, and then there are personal rivalries, and so on.  I expect sometimes they just forget they are supposed to hate each other, or the value was double defined and the second definition over-wrote the value stored by the first implicit use of that memory slot.  This has been a huge issue for years, seen mostly with mega-mods like Perisno 0.8 (16 kingdoms) or Warsword Conquest (18 kingdoms and counting).  It's one reason Perisno 0.8 never really shipped.  I did submit a cleaned up model to account for the larger implicit tables built by Warband but there really are too many heros, and perhaps the tables really take much more than first expected.  Of course, changing anything, even adding a single on/off button with just one new variable shifts everything around in memory and the savegame no longer lines up, so it is tedious to track these down.

Yeah, its a pity more people didnt have the skill to chase code, and the scripts weren't open sourced.  That makes the pool really small, but it does cut down on me-too clones of even lower standard than we already have.  It's a pity thpough, since so much of the talent pool dried up, overall in terms of available Warband modders...  Many of the best came and went in 2008-2011ish, that was the first wave, and the second wave (Nameless Warrior and Del, and Nunu were that wave) came.  I'm third wave.  Kind of scary to think of a 4th wave.

Time to go see what my daughter is doing at home.  Sometimes she brings me math problems to do together.  Shes too smart to stay interested in homework long, but in one class only she does all the problems (math).  She HATES math.  But I guess doing them together makes her LIKE math, so that its her best subject.  Everything suddenly makes sense when we're together, its like clones talking really fast.  We fuse our minds or something and it all comes into focus.  I suppose theres a moral in there someplace, but forgetful me I can't remember what it was...

- GS

gsanders said:
Incognico said:
Dazza87 said:

This is in two parts.
  a) Night time the movement rate is set to 0, nothing else changes, so looting already in progress continues. 

b) Lords may not have relations mapped correctly due to the HUGE number of added lords in Warsword Conquest.
        It flows from an adjustment of Native, but native comments suggest the number of lords matters, as would heroes, but kingdom ladies isn't taken into account in native.  A huge array is built with supposedly status between lords being kept, but
I've been deeply suspicious this table is much larger than native documents.  Now we have 3 times the lords, 3 times the kindom ladies, and 4 times the companion heroes.  We have 3 times the kings.  The table ought to be huge.  I've resized everything around it to prevent other values from walking on this, but if the table is much larger than native documents, it nicely explains why mid and late games start to act wierd and lords stop hating each other.  A lord wont chase someone they dont hate; but relations between kingdoms constantly change, and then there are personal rivalries, and so on.  I expect sometimes they just forget they are supposed to hate each other, or the value was double defined and the second definition over-wrote the value stored by the first implicit use of that memory slot.  This has been a huge issue for years, seen mostly with mega-mods like Perisno 0.8 (16 kingdoms) or Warsword Conquest (18 kingdoms and counting).  It's one reason Perisno 0.8 never really shipped.  I did submit a cleaned up model to account for the larger implicit tables built by Warband but there really are too many heros, and perhaps the tables really take much more than first expected.  Of course, changing anything, even adding a single on/off button with just one new variable shifts everything around in memory and the savegame no longer lines up, so it is tedious to track these down.

Yeah, its a pity more people didnt have the skill to chase code, and the scripts weren't open sourced.  That makes the pool really small, but it does cut down on me-too clones of even lower standard than we already have.  It's a pity thpough, since so much of the talent pool dried up, overall in terms of available Warband modders...  Many of the best came and went in 2008-2011ish, that was the first wave, and the second wave (Nameless Warrior and Del, and Nunu were that wave) came.  I'm third wave.  Kind of scary to think of a 4th wave.

Time to go see what my daughter is doing at home.  Sometimes she brings me math problems to do together.  Shes too smart to stay interested in homework long, but in one class only she does all the problems (math).  She HATES math.  But I guess doing them together makes her LIKE math, so that its her best subject.  Everything suddenly makes sense when we're together, its like clones talking really fast.  We fuse our minds or something and it all comes into focus.  I suppose theres a moral in there someplace, but forgetful me I can't remember what it was...

- GS

Thanks guys that does make sense. I must admit that i regularly saw Lords defending their own fiefs in WC although i didn't really look for them defending other lords unless they were patrolling. I do however quite habitually ask lords what the realm is doing in WC and they would sometimes say that the realm were off to defend a village or castle and they were sometimes successful. I haven't seen much successful "realm Defending" in Rigale. I just assumed it was due to the realm not being fast enough. Anyways no biggy for me as i am still very much enjoying it, just means lots of burned out villages. Just thought i would flag it up so you were aware.  :smile:

Thanks for the good work guys. I hope you enjoy your maths :smile: 

gsanders said:
  This requires a much more wordy answer than I have time for today.  My usual terse messages just won't do to answer this in the manner it deserves.

Umm, if you want a head start though, here's a file that helps in reading through source code:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWHBuaUFlOUwyQzQ/view?usp=sharing      header_operations.py

this is the bible of what the syntax means for every single line of Warband script.  If it ain't here, it don't exist -
or more to the point, you get the infamous "illegal opcode" red message.  If I had known to look here I'd have saved myself 4 months trying to understand scripting at the start of my Perisno days.  Before this I just guessed at what everything meant and hoped I was a good guesser.  I'd say I was a FAIR guesser, but the wrong guesses made me try 3 times harder than neccessary.

Start with this and then look at the Native code to see how the modules are laid out, what is found where.  It will take some time to train you to the point where you're anything but "dangerous" before we could ask Nameless to trust you with access.  in principle, I'm not against sponsoring you.  This would be step 1.

I _do_ have an answer, but it's "complicated".  Hope that makes you feel calmer.  That answer, quoting from Avatar, "Gives ME the Willies"...

- GS

This is great! Thank you very much for that reference handbook. It's going to be slow, but now I can start to TRY understanding the code :smile:

Thanks again and enjoy the time with your daughter

gsanders said:
No degree is the death of me.  Don't ever get to be 56 years old and no degree like me.
  - GS

Very sage advice, and many years too late for me! (yeah, there's a reason I'm OldGreyBeard :sad:) And the older one is, the harder it is to find something that provides bare essentials. :dead:
Best of luck from a fellow traveler on that road. :neutral:

What this has to do with this mod, I have no idea. But I like it a lot, laggy map and all!
Hope you get time to work in religion and magic. That sounds very interesting.
Thanks for providing the header_operations.py file. Just browsing the section comments helps make sense of a lot of little oddities.

Hey guys, I have a question. Did I install it right? Check what I did:
I installed Warsword Conquest (May_2016), installed the patch (1.2 Hotfix, June 2016) and then I installed the Rigale patch.

I ask it beacuse in Warsword Conquest, lords had bigger armies (150-300?), in Rigale it seems they have native regular armies (80-150

djogloc02 said:
Hey guys, I have a question. Did I install it right? Check what I did:
I installed Warsword Conquest (May_2016), installed the patch (1.2 Hotfix, June 2016) and then I installed the Rigale patch.

I ask it beacuse in Warsword Conquest, lords had bigger armies (150-300?), in Rigale it seems they have native regular armies (80-150

Nameless Warrior didn't like my buff for party sizes based on charisma and renown, which would have also had larger garrisons, so for the never released patch 2 I tuned it down back to native.  You're seeing patch 2 effects.

GS have you tried something like Leapforce, Lionbridge or Appen? It seems you could be able to work on those while on your normal job. This are "raters" works, so nothing fancy or laborious.

I downloaded Warsword Conquest full from May 29 2016 (no patches)
Downloaded this mod
Put warsword conquest into the module folder.
Overwrote this submods files into warsword conquest folder

And, the game works. But it keeps saying "Error unable to save game" and I can't get a game to be saved. I tried manually saving, it said unable to save, but also said it saved. But there is no save file. But everything works in-game, towns etc and even battles work. But it won't save.

I tried Phosphor, and that saves fine. And other mods don't have that issue.

Is there a reason this submod for warsword won't let me save the game? I'm guessing I installed it wrong? Not sure. Did I download the wrong version of warsword conquest?

I found a link to something called

Warsword_Rigale_I0_Prospection_patch_a

Which looks newer than what is on the main post. The files were newer too. Maybe not, dunno

But, I still can't save. It says error unable to save, in big red letters.

Every other mod isn't having that issue, and I can play warsword just fine...it only happens after putting this mod in (and new game obviously)

Vendayn said:
I downloaded Warsword Conquest full from May 29 2016 (no patches)
Downloaded this mod
Put warsword conquest into the module folder.
Overwrote this submods files into warsword conquest folder

And, the game works. But it keeps saying "Error unable to save game" and I can't get a game to be saved. I tried manually saving, it said unable to save, but also said it saved. But there is no save file. But everything works in-game, towns etc and even battles work. But it won't save.

I tried Phosphor, and that saves fine. And other mods don't have that issue.

Is there a reason this submod for warsword won't let me save the game? I'm guessing I installed it wrong? Not sure. Did I download the wrong version of warsword conquest?

I'd check the folder    (My documents    or  Documents)\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames
    next figure out what you you called the mod -- by this I mean what is the folder called where you copied the mod
    normally its put under:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\
                            ^^ x64 only                                        ^^^ what did you call THIS

the same folder name will be used to store your savegame, which is added to the folders under  Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\(that folder name)

The legal names are  sg00.sav  through sg09.sav
    Any other files there won't be seen when its time to save a game.  If all 10 of those potential filenames exist already you have to delete one.  If you are out of disk space on drive C: (or wherever my documents is) then you also can't save a game.

I'd start looking here first.  I save games just fine with Warsword Conquest and all the flavors of Warsword Rigale.
  Version I had some of Nunu's changes.  I havent tried them, as they were focused only on the Rigale part, and I've been worried about the "Warsword" part most recently.  I don't care which you use but every letter different doesnt use the same savegame layout so you wont be able to close your eyes and mutate versions without starting over.

Warsword "Rigale" is a reminder that it has a different layout and rules than Warsword Conquest, so you start a fresh character instead of carry the same one across versions.  Other than that, 99.8 % of the game files are identical (about the same can be said comparing human and monkey DNA, but that's a different topic).

- GS

Thanks for the help :smile: I got it to work.

There was a new save file left over from warsword conquest (just vanilla warsword without this submod) that was still in the save folder. So I deleted that. I also renamed the module folder to Warsword Rigale like recommended in the opening post.

And now it saves properly :smile:

The game refuses to start with this module selected. I get to the loading screen, but then I get this message:
---------------------------
RGL ERROR
Unable to open file: Modules/Perisno_78_experimental_patch_A/Resource/materials.brf

It used to say : materials_face_gen.brf instead of what it says now, but I changed that to load directly from the module directory, and it gave me that but with a different file name, xenoargh_shaders_OSP this was the one I think. Now it does this, does anyone have a solution beyond load everything from the directory? It took a while to change all the mod resources to load from directory.

Back
Top Bottom