SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Remember when the Orcs didn't have proper two-handers?

z9Fli8s.jpg

That time has passed. I even made a couple of new units to replace the Savage Orcs (seemed rather redundant to have them in the actual Orc troop tree when they can also be hired as mercs).

Haha, nah. It is a Warsword vanilla choppa that I enlarged and elongated. Anyhow, I need name suggestions for this new line of Orc troops.

Calling them "Bigchoppa Boyz" feels like a cop-out....

cpt_freakout said:
Maybe "headkleava boyz"? mmm... SupaChoppa 64 :razz: ... headchoppa boyz? I kind of imagine them always going straight to the head with that big-ass axe, for some reason.
Headkleava sounds like "headclever" and this is'nt orcy at all :smile:

Another conundrum: Orc weapons are huuuge. Thus their implied reach is far longer than their actual range. This makes them awkward to use as a player because while the weapon model clearly connects it doesn't hit.

So I was thinking: what if I added X range while also removing X speed.... This woukd give the orcs big but slow weapons.

Orcs are so strong that when even though their weapons are really big, they can swing them very fast, but you could change the strength requirement

Hey Birger Jarl, I've been playing around with Bretonnia for a short while and was wondering which troop line leads to grail/questing knights? Just that the man-at-arms and battle pilgrim lines cut off for me =/

Khorne himself said:
Orcs are so strong that when even though their weapons are really big, they can swing them very fast, but you could change the strength requirement

Agreed, however giving them the range increase with no drawback is a huuuge advantage which could potentially make them overpowered.

SgtStrings said:
Hey Birger Jarl, I've been playing around with Bretonnia for a short while and was wondering which troop line leads to grail/questing knights? Just that the man-at-arms and battle pilgrim lines cut off for me =/

The first Cavalry unit is the Yeoman which I think upgrades from the Man at arms line.

merikallio said:
Birger, better leave the orcs in peace for some time :wink: You know the results...

The result is awesomesauce.

But yeah, that's why I am hesitant to just give them a range increase...  :oops:

Khorne himself said:
Orcs using bows is an heresy ! You must fix that !

There are actually orc longbowmen in tabletop.

They are all about releasing a massive volley in the hopes that at least one arrow hits rather than actual accuracy, but still!

So orcs kill Boromir with arrows...

I am not aware of any work where orcs are featured where they can't use arrows. LOL!

Now... dwarfs on horses? Well... THAT'S a heresy. I mean, I am a heretic, but still...

Back
Top Bottom