How to get a new clickable hairstyle button in the character editor ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Glavius

Recruit
Hello,

I managed to make a new race with custom mesh, and wanted to get new hairstyles in the editor.

The issue is that I don't understand how the game works in term of hairstyles, it seems quite easy to add a new banner style to the editor, but for hairstyles it's a big mistery.

I don't understand because it seems like the only .xml where the game load the mesh is in skins.xml, but I don't understand in which file the game say "Okay, for this hairstyle we must load this part of the facegen sprite.

And even for the facegen_sprite, I don't know in which file a specific part of this texture is loaded. This is a big mistery.

I opened all the files and didn't managed to understand how this work.

My question is how to get a add a new hairstyle in the character editor ? With a clickable button and with a custom GUI Texture ? I didn't found any mod to take reference on sadly.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

I managed to make a new race with custom mesh, and wanted to get new hairstyles in the editor.

The issue is that I don't understand how the game works in term of hairstyles, it seems quite easy to add a new banner style to the editor, but for hairstyles it's a big mistery.

I don't understand because it seems like the only .xml where the game load the mesh is in skins.xml, but I don't understand in which file the game say "Okay, for this hairstyle we must load this part of the facegen sprite.

And even for the facegen_sprite, I don't know in which file a specific part of this texture is loaded. This is a big mistery.

I opened all the files and didn't managed to understand how this work.

My question is how to get a add a new hairstyle in the character editor ? With a clickable button and with a custom GUI Texture ? I didn't found any mod to take reference on sadly.

Thank you very much.
I believe the Old Realms mod includes custom hairstyles for a custom race. You might want to look at that as an example.

Back
Top Bottom