SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Most rats will probably be about the same size as mice, although I guess its not too late to make them a little bigger... There are also Greatrats, which are quite a lot larger than ordinary rats.

in the stories i got the impression they were all sort of the same size, with badgers being exceptionally big. i was just wondering, since the books vary a lot in how animals are shown in the art

The animals have always been different sizes, but not as different as real life. Just for interest sake, this is a size chart of what the animals WOULD look like if they were scaled correctly. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/219/7/3/733f742cfcf59f9481b4537dae0c0eb8.jpg

Ours will look more like this:

Shrew: 50%
Mouse: 75%
Otter: 100%
Fox: 110%
Wildcat: 120%
Badger: 150%

We'll have to see how these actually look in-game, but that's the general idea. Those are all of the sizes, and animals not mentioned slot somewhere in there. It might not hurt to have rats 80% or something. Just so that they're a little bigger than mice. I might also decide that we need an 80% skeleton for hedgehogs as well...

hey, i would really like to be able to help you model or code this, what is more needed and where could you suggest how to do this, im happy to learn but im just not sure where to go, im happy to do anything; code, model, but yer, just needa know where to learn how

i cant wait untill i am playing a clan match as a mouse

i hope this has multiplayer one day 

nice work so far :grin:

Mandible said:
The animals have always been different sizes, but not as different as real life. Just for interest sake, this is a size chart of what the animals WOULD look like if they were scaled correctly. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/219/7/3/733f742cfcf59f9481b4537dae0c0eb8.jpg

We'll have to see how these actually look in-game, but that's the general idea. Those are all of the sizes, and animals not mentioned slot somewhere in there. It might not hurt to have rats 80% or something. Just so that they're a little bigger than mice. I might also decide that we need an 80% skeleton for hedgehogs as well...
Two thinks: I always kind of imagined otters as something around 120%, or at least 110%. And will there be things that relate to different species, like otters being able to swim extremely well, or squirrels being able to climb trees?

@ DrSane: This is where you want to go: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,171.0.html
There are tutorials that will lead you through all of the steps you'll need. The mod could use both modelers and coders, so go through some tutorials, get some practice, find out what you're good at and then report back and we'll see what you can do.

@Sammac: This is primarily a SP mod, but I don't see why we couldn't throw together a multiplayer scenario or two. What do you think about a Redwall Abbey Siege? Mice versus rats? Possibly Invasion style, with mice defending against increasing hordes of AI rats and other vermin. Could be a lot of fun.

@Elven Ranger:
Hmm... Now that you mention it, maybe otters could move up a bit. I suppose they are bigger than their ferret counterparts... It might be nice, especially since the majority of the goodbeasts are rather on the small side.

I don't want to go too crazy on the size differences though, because I want to implement crafting. If every creature is a different size, crafting armor would be a real pain. I'd rather make it so that you can make three general sizes that will fit most creatures. Ie. Small (mouse, rat, squirrel, mole), Medium (weasel, ferret, stoat, otter), Large (Fox, Monitor Lizard) and maybe specialized armor for wildcats and badgers. Although it doesn't take a whole lot of time to resize armor meshes, it still takes up a lot of slots and I foresee us having some problems with the item limit eventually. Of course, the other problem with crafting is that the animals all have different tails... I've been wondering if I could make use of the "doesn't cover legs" tag to let them have custom tails, but I'm not quite sure how it works yet...

Mandible said:

So, I was fiddling around with the skeleton you gave me, and I realized that the one you're using is already an 80% skeleton.
Want me to use that one for the rats, and make a 75% for the mice then?

That would be great. I hope it isn't too much work to scale the mice down a little. I guess its not the end of the world if you have to craft mouse armor and rat armor separately. We'll just have to eventually remove most of the native items to make room.

I heard about this, but for me, scaling weapons is a deal breaker. I think that the armor might be scalable too, but if weapon scaling goes along with it, I'm afraid we'll probably just end up doing it the old fashioned manual way.

Oh, unless we're just making small adjustments, for example, the difference between a mouse and a rat. Perhaps they could use the same skeleton but the rat could be scaled up 5%. This wouldn't throw the weapon size off too much, would it? I don't really understand this system so if someone does, I would appreciate a short explanation.

Tibertus said:
What I understood was that any weapon could be equipped to any character with any skeleton size, and the weapon scales accordingly to the skeleton.

So in Theory a Shrew Could Wield a Badger Lords 2 Hander?

He could if he cheated to give himself an insanely high STR. Unless I can find a way to lock certain weapons to specific races... Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom