SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Mandible said:
Alright, that does it. I'm going to have to edit the first post. Apparently referring to the entire island continent as "Mossflower Country" is just too confusing.

Point of Clarification: This mod will include not only Mossflower FOREST, but also the surrounding lands as well as offshore locations such as the Green Islands, Riftgard, Sampetra, etc.

Point well made concerning boss battles. I haven't played the Berserk mod, but I can see how the end result might be less epic than the original idea seemed at the time... I think we'll have to save worrying about implementing fun stuff like snakes and birds for some time in the future after we have solid core gameplay taken care of.
Okay, so if you have another task. Just ask.

People!

Mossflower does not refer to Mossflower forest/wood!  It means the whole continent!

America does not mean just the United states of America now does it? It also includes Mexico and Canada and Colombia and Brazil among many other nations!

Now thats off my chest, I have to say Mandible probably should have been project leader from the start...  Not to rip at the old leader but to acknowledge Mandible's work. 

Thanks Fenix.

Quick update on what the final map will probably look like:
Mossflower1.jpg

This should solve most of your questions. For those that might not be covered: Yes, Riftgard will be included, Yes The Green Isles will be included. Even though neither of those locations are visible on the map. No, the Land of Ice and Snow probably won't be included, but creatures FROM there will appear in Mossflower as an invasion force. Does this all make sense?

Interesting mod. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I used to watch all the redwall episodes on TV when I was a little boy so that child must still be burning inside me. Love the concept art for the Farrots (sp?) and Corsairs. I think I know who my Odin the God of War character is going to be :grin:

Herr_Lindstrom said:
Interesting mod. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I used to watch all the redwall episodes on TV when I was a little boy so that child must still be burning inside me. Love the concept art for the Farrots (sp?) and Corsairs. I think I know who my Odin the God of War character is going to be :grin:

Your missing out man, the book is ten times better!

I'm 24 and i still read em lol.

EDIT: I love squirrels, so I will have a squirrel character, and I love vermin so I will have a fox and a Ferret as well.

Tuckles said:
Redwall has two towns?

Is the other St. Ninian's? Cause they burnt that place down.

St. Ninians is a Church i Believe also i cant wait for this Mod im going to Be a Hare and Run down every Corsair i see!

St. Ninians is indeed nothing more than a smouldering ruin (thanks a lot, woodlanders!) but it might still be used as a forward base for vermin.

Redwall faction's second town is Brockhall. It has either been fully restored, or it is able to be restored via a quest.

Ok um just wondering, will some animals have increased speed like a hare compared to a rat perhaps?
Oh and if you want I can write scripts for moles and hares or anything.

Some animals will have definite advantages in some areas over others.

When you say "write scripts for moles and hares or anything," do you mean coding scripts, or do you mean dialogue? If you mean writing dialogue with accents and such, then why don't you try making up a character and sending it to me via pm. We have some interesting NPC's already and the more the merrier.

I mean writing dialogue and do you just want me to name a character and discribe him and tell his purpose and what he says if so than okay you may have your pm today or tommarow. I could try to study  coding scripts if you need some one to do that but I will need a day or two and some tutorials

It would actually be much more helpful if you would write dialog for the various situations where they are needed. For example, if you could fill all of the following blanks, then the modeler (probably me) would have some suggestions for appearance and the rest of it can be simply copy/pasted into the code.

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Weapon
Character archetype and Proficiencies: (a vague generalization would do: healer, archer, crafter, etc.)

Greeting:
Backstory, when asked:
Responses to being hired/rejected:
Short monologue when you reach a significant spot on the map.
Companion disliked:
Companion liked:
Things disliked: (running out of food, losing a battle, etc.)
Parting words when character is fed up:

A long and convoluted backstory without these elements is not terribly useful in the end.

Ok I am currently using a blackberry and I'm a work but at like 9 I will give you all of that info or if I get another break then ill try to write as much as I can

Ginny.                        Mole.                          Brownish with a white snout.    Fine silver short sword with shield.                                    Expert Swordsman.                      Greetin's moy mayt, hurr tisa foine day turr be aloive, hurr hurr.                        Well, et sturted won  Moy mother left me won oi w's boot a choild, sniff sniff, she thot oi w's too weak turr live wiv her in dur welderness, so she took me hur an left me turr rot, sniff sniff.          Just a start, do you think I'm going on the right track. And srry for double posting

I think that's passable molespeech. Finish up the other conversation parts and send me a pm with the results.

Just a couple things: In all cases where you come across the word "man" you can substitute "beast" so instead of "Expert Swordsman," you can call him an "Expert Swordbeast."

And npc's usually start off a little down on their luck, so I'm not sure we should start him off with fancy silver equipment right off the bat. Anyway, good start, and lets see where it leads.

are the animals all roughly the same size, or do they have semi-realistic proportions? because a rat is a lot bigger than a mouse, and a badger is about the size of a cat

Back
Top Bottom