village quests

Users who are viewing this thread

nistrum

Recruit
hey guys, i knopw this has been mentioned before, but i just cant figure if its just me being a numpty of its the game mechanic or if im just unlucky... but  i find it very hard to get quests id say once in ever 12 trys i get a quest, from either a noble or a village elder.. is that normal, it makes it practically impossible to improve my ratings anywhere... i dont want to edit files or stuff i just want to know if that is how it is suposed to be?

once my aproval rating hits about 8 (usually from one of those livestock quests) i cant seemto get ANY quests out of them any more....

also, i know its a double post but, how do you guys control your combat? i use the  movement keys  if i use my mouse i look like im having a fit when i fight :razz:

Yes it's normal. You cannot improve village-relationship to 100 in just a couple of days. Its not supposed to be that easy, because having a village that supports you is a valuable asset. But it can devinately be achieved. It just takes time.

Your 2nd question...whats your problem? Controls are like any other 1st person-shooter.

no i just mean the mouse controlled combat system, do people normally use the mouse or keys? personal preferance i suppose, was just curious. :grin: ha im glad im not just being an idiot, thaught i was just doing something wrong :razz:

lol not just me then, does anyone know are there any factors  affecting if you get a quest or not? does renown and honour play a part? im finding it literally impossible to get one, the whole time this post has been up i have run from village to village to get a quest, all im getting is we dont need any help, im beginning to feel a bit like this is the "vassals" button from medieval 2 lol nothing ever happens when i ask it

Village quests seem to be more frequent when the village is really poor, especially after they've been raided.

Visit the Taverns in your kingdom fairly frequently, farmers show up from time to time to a village that's infested with bandits.  Refuse the loot they offer after to the fight for some extra rep with the village and some honor.

nistrum said:
no i just mean the mouse controlled combat system, do people normally use the mouse or keys? personal preferance i suppose, was just curious. :grin: ha im glad im not just being an idiot, thaught i was just doing something wrong :razz:

Wait a minute are you saying that you can use keys instead of the unreliable mouse to choose which swing you do?  If so please tell me how because that would make me so much more effecient lol

I didnt try the key-controls either, just left it on default. IMO the mouse-control is unique to m&b and so much fun and i wouldnt miss that.

Village-elder quest:

there are 3 types of them, deliver grain, deliver cattle, train villagers.

Once accepted it takes 20/20/40 days to be available again in ANY village. This means a train villager-quest can only be done once every 40 days.

And by default once you turned down a village-elder quest this village will NEVER ask you again for help.

ahh cheers masher  that helps.

to set your combat to the WASD kerys just go into the control option it says something like attack direction and it should say mouse next to it, just click the next button and it says direction keys

Back
Top Bottom