[V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane said:
Elrood said:
Argh... but please... leave within jester delaying the invasion!  :shock:

That was actuially in the Camp menu....

VM,
Are you taking all cheating out?  I'd recommend against that because it helps so much in the testing process.  Can I suggest that in the camp menu, you create a new sub-menu called "CHEATING" and put the Soothsayer, activate native troops, give me free items, give me free troops, etc. all in this "CHEATING" menu. 

I prefer cheating on the Jester opposed to the Camp menu because it makes it a little more incovienint (have to walk in a castle) and it gives him a purpose.  Not to mention I intended on adding a small random joke on the strategy advisor about the jesters cheating...

Cheating is a useful tool for the modders and it should be available to testers and anyone that would like to see something (but maybe not save thier game).  It is handy for the player to take a look at the faith troops to determine thier faith and starting civilization. 

If someone wants to cheat and ruin thier game, considering it is single player, I got no problem with that.  I'm just worried about losing a useful tool I like to use...
Hehe you asked for it Cyclo.. I told ya no messing around troops and items order or some scripts will mess up. Jester is one of them. Right now jester cheats will not work anyway :wink:
But right I will leave them for the testing purposes. Though for that we can have our special  developer only version you know witch cheats and all this hidden secret awesome functions we are hidding in the dungeon and only releasing one by one each half year :wink: I will remove them for normal release because I would have to rewrite them to have all the changes to items and troops and I won't have a time to do that before the release.

Also for the troop testing purposes there are now custom battles, you set any battle you want with any army composition and you are testing without negative consequences to the game.

vonmistont said:
Cyclohexane said:
Elrood said:
Argh... but please... leave within jester delaying the invasion!  :shock:

That was actuially in the Camp menu....

VM,
Are you taking all cheating out?  I'd recommend against that because it helps so much in the testing process.  Can I suggest that in the camp menu, you create a new sub-menu called "CHEATING" and put the Soothsayer, activate native troops, give me free items, give me free troops, etc. all in this "CHEATING" menu. 

I prefer cheating on the Jester opposed to the Camp menu because it makes it a little more incovienint (have to walk in a castle) and it gives him a purpose.  Not to mention I intended on adding a small random joke on the strategy advisor about the jesters cheating...

Cheating is a useful tool for the modders and it should be available to testers and anyone that would like to see something (but maybe not save thier game).  It is handy for the player to take a look at the faith troops to determine thier faith and starting civilization. 

If someone wants to cheat and ruin thier game, considering it is single player, I got no problem with that.  I'm just worried about losing a useful tool I like to use...
Hehe you asked for it Cyclo.. I told ya no messing around troops and items order or some scripts will mess up. Jester is one of them. Right now jester cheats will not work anyway :wink:
But right I will leave them for the testing purposes. Though for that we can have our special  developer only version you know witch cheats and all this hidden secret awesome functions we are hidding in the dungeon and only releasing one by one each half year :wink: I will remove them for normal release because I would have to rewrite them to have all the changes to items and troops and I won't have a time to do that before the release.

Also for the troop testing purposes there are now custom battles, you set any battle you want with any army composition and you are testing without negative consequences to the game.

Does that mean I do not have to move the troop order back?  I plan on doing it, but it is much more orgazined like this.  Just hit me up in a PM if not.  Otherwise, I still plan on the fix. 

having natives unit is considered cheating ?

Why so ? Are they unbalanced ? I really like this way of playing, and I don't think I'm overpowered or something (maybe I'm just weak :/)

I did not find new units evolution tree and I mastered natives ones.

btw I found what the "bug" is (but as you consider it cheats, you probably don't care).

You just can't recruit natives without kingdoms (your own or an alliance with any faction). As soon as you pledge allegiance or you create your kingdoms natives come back to villages.

Nipal said:
btw I found what the "bug" is (but as you consider it cheats, you probably don't care).

You just can't recruit natives without kingdoms (your own or an alliance with any faction). As soon as you pledge allegiance or you create your kingdoms natives come back to villages.
Tis' not a bug

Nipal said:

Why so ? Are they unbalanced ? I really like this way of playing, and I don't think I'm overpowered or something (maybe I'm just weak :/)

There will be in-game unit troop trees in next version! 

Having natives is not ceating if they are rescued prisoners, hiring natives from villages should be.  The reason I consider it cheating is you have an army and you train your soldiers.  It is not logical to be able to hire the locals and not only equip them but also train them in thier way of fighting.  That would be like the French hiring English peasants and teaching them how to use the longbow.  You should have to ally with a Calradian king to get these units (which is full of disadvantages if you serve a local King).  It is logical if you hire these peasants and then train them into your methods of fighting. 

Also consider that the SOD team spent a ton of time developing new units and a new way of upgrading and playing.  To ignore these units and resort back to the same old same, is not taking advantage of all the new stuff SOD has to offer.  Not to mention you can create cheap super armies (like Vill archers with Swadian Knights or Marinian sharpshooters and Nord huscarls or Adenian heavy cavalry with Khergit cavalry archers to name a few).  The mercenary guilds in next version will also allow super armies to be constructed, but they will be more expensive to balance it out due to higher costs. 

However, I am not arguing to get rid of it.  It is a single player game and I love the fact that people can play any way they choose.  You will just have to go to a menu called cheating to do it  :twisted:

Theres an option to recruit native villagers or homeland troops from villages. Look at the camp or report menu

SCRIPT ERROR CODE ON  OPCODE 520: INVALID TROOP ID: 975; LINE NUBMER: 5
At simple trigger trigger no: 19.

repeats every 5 odd secnods

Please help. How to disappear that. Does have any patch or something??
Please Please Please Please

Ninob2 said:
SCRIPT ERROR CODE ON  OPCODE 520: INVALID TROOP ID: 975; LINE NUBMER: 5
At simple trigger trigger no: 19.

repeats every 5 odd secnods

Please help. How to disappear that. Does have any patch or something??
Yamchu said:
its not 4.1 related ?

check this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90965.0.html
Yep, and it's alpha related. Alpha is for Beta (alpha? :smile: ) testers! over 10 000 people downloaded it I know but it was clearly stated it's for testing purposes only.
Final unbugged (let's hope), extended version will be out very soon.

Yep, and it's alpha related. Alpha is for Beta (alpha? :smile: ) testers! over 10 000 people downloaded it I know but it was clearly stated it's for testing purposes only.
Final unbugged (let's hope), extended version will be out very soon.

Ahhhaaaa...... :grin: :grin:
Then, it is another matter :smile: I hope that it will soon ... will be soon.
It seems to me that I am addicted .... :oops: :oops: :oops:
A big thank

Cyclohexane said:
Nipal said:

There will be in-game unit troop trees in next version! 

Having natives is not ceating if they are rescued prisoners, hiring natives from villages should be.  The reason I consider it cheating is you have an army and you train your soldiers.  It is not logical to be able to hire the locals and not only equip them but also train them in thier way of fighting.  That would be like the French hiring English peasants and teaching them how to use the longbow.  You should have to ally with a Calradian king to get these units (which is full of disadvantages if you serve a local King).  It is logical if you hire these peasants and then train them into your methods of fighting. 

Also consider that the SOD team spent a ton of time developing new units and a new way of upgrading and playing.  To ignore these units and resort back to the same old same, is not taking advantage of all the new stuff SOD has to offer.  Not to mention you can create cheap super armies (like Vill archers with Swadian Knights or Marinian sharpshooters and Nord huscarls or Adenian heavy cavalry with Khergit cavalry archers to name a few).  The mercenary guilds in next version will also allow super armies to be constructed, but they will be more expensive to balance it out due to higher costs. 

However, I am not arguing to get rid of it.  It is a single player game and I love the fact that people can play any way they choose.  You will just have to go to a menu called cheating to do it  :twisted:

I understand what you mean and I'll try to play with rules intended by developpers.

Sorry man, can anybody EXACTLY tell me, where can I switch between the native villagers, and homeland troops? I find nothing in the camp, nor the game settings. Debug, messages, and tac forms are in the setup, and oracle, reading, rec prisoners, etc in the camp.
Help please, I need Vaegir Marksmans, because the javelinmen too "shortranged"  :roll:

RedlineGME said:
Sorry man, can anybody EXACTLY tell me, where can I switch between the native villagers, and homeland troops? I find nothing in the camp, nor the game settings. Debug, messages, and tac forms are in the setup, and oracle, reading, rec prisoners, etc in the camp.
Help please, I need Vaegir Marksmans, because the javelinmen too "shortranged"  :roll:
The cheat you are looking for is in Reports->Settings.

Its a cheat? I just want to recruit Vaegir recruits from vaegir villages...

My settings menu. Translation: Üzenetek: Messages. Taktikai Formációk, és morál: Tactical formations, and morale. SoD Debug: SoD Debug... :smile:

settingsf.jpg

RedlineGME said:
Its a cheat? I just want to recruit Vaegir recruits from vaegir villages...

My settings menu. Translation: Üzenetek: Messages. Taktikai Formációk, és morál: Tactical formations, and morale. SoD Debug: SoD Debug... :smile:

settingsf.jpg
Well in SoD it's a cheat :wink:

Indeed it's not there... but it should be... Check out if you didn't miss anything in translation.

Oh and post link to the translation.

Cheers

I think, I started the translation, because I want to find out all of the functions in this great mod. :smile: I translate in the following way: I found the english sentence. Translate it in my head, delete the sentence, than write down the translation. So, no sentence remains untranslated, and no sentence going to miss.
My translation is not ready yet, and some problem occured, and nobody answers me in the translation topic. :sad:
But if I finish it, I will share it. :smile: (I don't know how... Yet...) :smile:

This expansion is great, i just would like to know how to find out where my regiments are, if there is a way. I made a regimenet and now i cant find it. Also, i would like to report a bug, someone possible already brought this up but i have the city Sargoth, I for some reason have veagir (sorry if i spelt it wrong) guards on the street and not my homeland, im not sure if it was you had a little mistake and missed this, or it was just mount & blade itself. Anyway, i care more about finding my regiment though. overall, this is the best expansion ive ever played

I have a problem/bug. when i start a New game i get an error and it says "get_object failed for: skel_giant" anyone  help me please

Back
Top Bottom