[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

Dusk Voyager said:
It'd be funny if someone farms great equipment by dumping their intentionally-weak order troops into a castle, and then retaking it after betraying their faction.  :lol:

All shall tremble before the mighty Knights of the Daisy!

Gelding required

knightofthedaisy.jpg

noosers said:
@HutH:
And that´s usually the stage when a game becomes totally boring. The new CMKHO may bring something to look forward at that point of the game.

Fully upgrading and training them takes the better part of a year. But what you get in return is totally worth it.
Well, I'm not that kind of patient and focused player :razz: Recently I started WB PoP campaign again, but I tweaked it in TweakMB and Morgh's Editor heavily, so everything goes much faster and easier, so I suppose Pendor will be mine before 500 day. But my favourite changes are those in weapons... I gave almost all big or magical weapons crushthrough block and/or knockdown, but slow them down(and a big boost to 1h speed to balance things) and give horsback polearm animations to big weapons that couldn't be usable on horseback before(eg. Pendor great sword with anims like hafted blade, so it looks enough realistic), so now everything is even more devastating :grin: (Bec de corbin as 2h on horseback... oh yeah).

At first when i read the title i though
"making my own knighthood?, oh you mean how to found a knighthood - probably a newbie guide for pop"

Then days later i notice the 3.6 and i read it clearly this time lol.
And holy smokes this is awesome, i just got back to pop after months and there' still content being worked on.
Can't wait to hear more awesome stuff, so hyped.

Btw does this mean it have potential to be the strongest troop in the game?

MadVader said:
mr48 said:
37 prestige to train one knight at an honour rating of 151 is quite high. Will it only be that high for player-created orders, or will all the existing orders see the same prestige cost increase? Not complaining, just curious.
That's part of the balancing for your Order only, you need to have high renown to field more troops. Other Orders had their renown costs increased too, and renown/prestige is a valuable resource now.

Cool, I guess it will make people think hard about whether to invest in their own order or upgrade existing ones.

This looks really awesome.
I have a rather specific question. If I give my custom knights Heraldic Plate armour, will they use the player's banner? Or will I be able to assign a separate banner to the knighthood?

Beorn424 said:
This looks really awesome.
I have a rather specific question. If I give my custom knights Heraldic Plate armour, will they use the player's banner? Or will I be able to assign a separate banner to the knighthood?

They will use the player's banner.

A quick thought: How will the auto-calc value for your custom knights be calculated? Is it pre-set or will it depend on what equipment and training you give them?

Wow, this will be totally amazing. Can't wait.

And it totally solves the issue of being limited to a few orders if you do not adopt the Pendor culture. You can just build you own CMKHO to suit your needs and train them from you faction troops.

Few questions :

- If you change your kingdom culture, does your CMKHO follow you?

- You said sergeants upgrate from men-at-arms for Sarleon, what about other cultures?

- Will squires from existing Orders be trainable (and maybe upgradable?) like CMKHO sergeants?

Once again this looks great, cant wait !

I have returned from the great beyond to give you this message!...........sup?
P.S: love all the 3.6 additions and improvements.

Well, I have a small question,,,

Will These Knights and Sergeants have an auto-calc Value??

MadVader said:
mr48 said:
A quick thought: How will the auto-calc value for your custom knights be calculated? Is it pre-set or will it depend on what equipment and training you give them?
It updates with their training.

Do you frigging read at all punj it was right there infront of your face as you scrolled down to hit reply.

AnddyiRaynor said:
MadVader said:
mr48 said:
It updates with their training.

Do you frigging read at all punj it was right there infront of your face as you scrolled down to hit reply.

Ok,, So i was on First Page of this post and was  going through MV's Post ....

The Honorable Order of the Knights Of The Bull
123 Fake Street
Mobray County, Sarleon 10214

March 28, 352​

Sir or Madam Player Character
Mouse Operating Inc.
987 Laptop Lane
Pendor, Earth

RE: Establishment of Knighthood Order

Dear Player Character:

Greetings and salutations. I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing this letter on behalf of the entire order of the Knights of The Bull. As you well know we are a group dedicated to a well respected and righteous cause, namely freeing our bovine brethren from the tyranny of small acreage farmers. Our zeal and passion has been erroneously mislabeled and slandered by the supposed lords of this land, resulting in our glorious order mistakenly being deemed as outlawed. An unfortunate misunderstanding to be sure, but one that continues to evade correction in the highest courts of the land.

However, it has come to our attention that in a future version of PoP you, most venerated Player Character, will have the power to create and establish your own knighthood order. This is a great and serious responsibility, one that should not be taken lightly. However, because of the long and illustrious history of the Knights Of The Bull, combined with our inadvertent sanctioning as an outlawed order, it would be a travesty if we, The Knights Of The Bull, were not chosen as your Knighthood Order.

This letter is a formal demand that you select the Knights Of The Bull as your Knighthood Order to be founded. We shall continue to monitor any actions taken by you to ensure that you make the correct choice when founding your Knighthood. Failure to comply with this letter will result in appropriate legal action including, but not limited to, a lawsuit naming you and your entire kingdom, as well as hunting you down and hitting you repeatedly in the face with a meat tenderizer. Enclosed with this letter you will find said meat tenderizer that we shall strike you with.

We look forward to receiving your prompt response to this demand.

Very Truly Yours,

Farts McCool, Esq.
                              Undersecretary
                              Knights Of The Bull​

FM:sgs
encl.
cc: Master Ox

Back
Top Bottom