[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

Brilliant. How could I refuse? they deserve it  :roll:
This feature will be really nice, is one of better things that 3.6 will bring to us. As always, the dev team is doing a very good job.

I agree that the money and time are both a tad heavey.  My thinking is thier is a time investment associated with earning that much cash, so either give the goods up front (like your buying them) or drop the cost and keep the time frame (like your making them).

A good compromise might be keeping them both, but having the units upgrade instantly.  Then have the ability to upgrade again blocked for a time period.  (Like a cooldown of sorts)  Just thoughts on making this realistic and fun for people who play legit and dont import money.

Things come for a price in PoP.
The CMKHO isn´t meant to be available early game or helpful once you started it. Which is the reason why some quite powerful mercenary companies are now at your disposal directly after you declared independence. To lessen the ensuing difficulty spike.

By the time you want to invent a CMKHO you´ll typically have your kingdom founded and steadily settled, you´re progressing into mid game and have the funds and leisure to form them for the final steamroll of Pendor.

And now, you buggers, pics or it didn´t happen! The screenshot thread needs to be filled as well, yo heave ho, ye eyecandy worshippers and latest watercooled ESA supercomputer users, bring forth all the glorious and eyecandyfilled screenhosts! And the rest of the humble low end machine users, too.

Just put the dratted FF overhead banners off before you shoot.

Gods of Pendor... this is simply amazing.... Im speechless... Now I know for sure: I WILL FAIL THIS BLOODY SEMESTER... WHat have you done, PoP team, what have you done...

Oh, so many options, so many possibilities, so little time...

Btw, a question. Are those custom order available only if you start your won kingdom? Cause I have never been a fan of doing that. And I mean, it wouldn't be very lore unfriendly if it was allowed to start an order from the position of a vassal, since I can, f. e. resurrect Knights of the Radiant Cross when Im a vassal. 
Though I admit, that I will probably tweak upgrade times to be shorter, 90 days is a loooong time.

Ivor said:
Gods of Pendor... this is simply amazing.... Im speechless... Now I know for sure: I WILL FAIL THIS BLOODY SEMESTER... WHat have you done, PoP team, what have you done...

Oh, so many options, so many possibilities, so little time...

Btw, a question. Are those custom order available only if you start your won kingdom? Cause I have never been a fan of doing that. And I mean, it wouldn't be very lore unfriendly if it was allowed to start an order from the position of a vassal, since I can, f. e. resurrect Knights of the Radiant Cross when Im a vassal. 
Though I admit, that I will probably tweak upgrade times to be shorter, 90 days is a loooong time.

We know you will fail this semester. 
Noosers planned that way. 

MadVader has given you what you crave most...game candy.. yummy, delicious, succulent game candy that melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting for more...

You cannot just play one hour...
Two.. three.. five.. ten.. then you will dream of game candy..

Not to worry... after 36 hours you will not remember school... it will be just a dim faded dream..Your thoughts, dreams and all of your desires will belong to POP.

your only thought.. m.o.r.e  C.a.n.d.y  :smile:

At that point..90 days is just two sleep cycles away..  :razz:

:smile:

SD

Here's the whole list.
Sarleon: Knight, Man-at-Arms
Ravenstern: Knight, Kierguard
D'Shar: Noble Cavalry, Warrior
Fierdsvain: Valkyrie, Arm. Axeman
Empire: Knight, Arm. Pikeman
Pendor: Knight, Man-at-Arms

These are all spelled out in the game dialogs when you start your Order. You don't really need to prepare in advance, as they will take some time to be useful.

MadVader said:
These are all spelled out in the game dialogs when you start your Order. You don't really need to prepare in advance, as they will take some time to be useful.

The reason i wanted to know is because some top-tier troops are way harder to get for some cultures compared to others, so i might not have gone with D'Shar knowing that sergeants upgrade from Scorpions Assassins when Raven upgrade from Rangers, which are 100x easier to get. But since you guys have made this a non-issue, i'll stick with D'Shar for sure.

Thx for the answer and gj once again =D

MadVader said:
Here's the whole list.
Sarleon: Knight, Man-at-Arms
Ravenstern: Knight, Kierguard
D'Shar: Noble Cavalry, Warrior
Fierdsvain: Valkyrie, Arm. Axeman
Empire: Knight, Arm. Pikeman
Pendor: Knight, Man-at-Arms

On a semi-related note what source troops are used for the existing Falcon Talons and Lady Enherjiars? Being female sergeants I'm guessing they don't upgrade from the factions' usual roster?

The base troopers for bothe the CMKHO knights and sarges are of equal level through all factions. So they´re all comparable and require the same amount of XP to upgrade, unless you take a sidesplit in the upgradepath like, eg. Fierdsvain possesses.

And all are relatively easy to obtain.

And the new price setting will hopefully see more mixed armies instead of those hordes of knights only.

MadVader said:
Both from Maiden Cavalry.

Is it possible to create a custom Order using the same promotion line as KotF, or for a "lady Order" is the only way via Fierdsvain?

Might create The Heaven Knights or Templar Order or Gods of Pendor like suggested before, but I'm gonna tweek the upgrade time to 45 days because 90 days is just an insane ammount of time

sumusiko said:
Might create The Heaven Knights or Templar Order or Gods of Pendor like suggested before, but I'm gonna tweek the upgrade time to 45 days because 90 days is just an insane ammount of time

Maybe from a game standpoint, but realistically it would take a long amount of time for weapons and armor to be scrounged up or made.

AnddyiRaynor said:
For lots of dudes yes, but how are you gonna stand by that point when after those 90 days you can upgrade an infinite amount of troops with that armor in one day.

You planned ahead or are best friends with the Mettenheimers.

Just think about it as 90 days till the first product enters your line of production.

The only difference between the great late medieval weapon and armour facilities in Germany or Italy and Henry Fords assembly lines was the source of power.

Back
Top Bottom