Tribe Hunters Camp: Bug Reports - Hotfix Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbow Joe

Grandmaster Knight
All bugs which were reported have been fixed (or attempted to be fixed in the case of balance issues) in the latest hotfix

Hotfix uploaded to fix reported bugs. Just extract to the module
Hotfix
Changelog:
- Fixed "Unable to find tribal_spear", invisible snake spears.
- Fixed up Arlen, Karkan and Empire Troop Equipment
- Fixed Karkan Ranges Merchant Spawn
- Lighter Brown for Karkans on world map (Easier to read)
- Bronze Sword in the wrong markets
- Lower Speed on Snake Outcasts
- Buffed Snake Tribe, Nerfed Karkan Tribe
- Fixed Rebel Lords spawning without weapons
- Guns have slight increase in accuracy
- Fixed the problem with Karkan Spearmen spawning with no spears and tribal armour.
- Fixed Entrypoints at Luk
- Fixed AI mesh at Fidsner.
- Fixed bandit Entry point at Snakes Neck so now you can complete the beginners quest

Report any bugs you find after the hotfix here

-Fixed the problem with Karkan Spearmen spawning with no spears and tribal armour.
-Fixed the issue with Arlen Archers spawning without bows.
-Fixed the no shield issue with Arlen Spearmen and gave them throwing sticks.
-Gave Onothan Clubmen the clubs they where intended to use.
-Gave Hearth Warriors those nifty bronze swords they where intended to use.
-Fixed Entrypoints at Luk.
-Fixed AI mesh at Fidsner. forgot to fix that stupid entrypoint. Do not fight bandits there till the next hotfix. You'll spawn in a closed off building.
-Fixed bandit Entry point at Snakes Neck so now you can complete the beginners quest.

8356C1DA2859E6F75C8222204A1CA859F1E7F586

846B7273A2D377E08B72C30173AE2A9DEE608075

Hope that's helpful.

I just fought against a couple of the Rebel lords, and noticed that they didn't have any weapons in battle.. And everyone is "naked" when they're inside castles for some reason! :wink:

avion365 said:
Can't find any of the ladys, and when i do they are married ;_;
Which faction are you looking through?
Epicrules said:
8356C1DA2859E6F75C8222204A1CA859F1E7F586

846B7273A2D377E08B72C30173AE2A9DEE608075

Hope that's helpful.
The first one happens when you have 0 engineering, since it is dividing it by 0 it is technically infinity. Not sure how to fix it.

MrJullof said:
I just fought against a couple of the Rebel lords, and noticed that they didn't have any weapons in battle.. And everyone is "naked" when they're inside castles for some reason! :wink:
And as for everyone being naked, that is an annoying problem. It happened when I took away all their equipment to be replaced by their new ones. Their "court" outfit is also deleted and unsure how to reassign it. I put it as a low priority bug mostly.
Also I will look through the rebel lords to see which ones have decided to charge to battle without any equipment.

Not sure if it was already known or not... But...

8726BA25E968F18BC68785C0ACC44A10A922D7B9

There's also a training field in the middle of the ocean. This one's probably not too important, but I've noticed that when I talk to the various merchants inside the taverns, [I.E. Port Horizon], there tends to be gaps comprising several inventory slots in between his wares.

This one isn't as much of a bug as is a general rant: It seems that Warband calculates the "Range" of units based on their ranged weapon's accuracy, and I've noticed that because of that, it seems my cannoneers cannot fire at anything unless it's at fairly point blank range. It kind of makes your investments, monetary and time-wise, not very worth it in the long run, especially seeing as most of the enemy has shields anyways, and the bullets don't do too well against shielded troops.

Something else I've noticed: The Mounted Gonners do not all spawn with matchlocks/hand cannons/etc, and when they do they cannot use them from horseback. "Cannot reload from horseback" i would understand completely, but they should at least be able to fire off their first shot, despite it's innaccuracy. If this is not a bug then it means they were probably implemented for dragoon tactics, which is pretty difficult/impossible [please see above rant], and it seems the only thing they're actually... good at is dying. Perhaps some modifications for the stats, etc?

Also, Elgante sword infantry are not very good at holding their own, even the Marines. They seem to just get spammed to death as soon as they enter combat with any foe who has shields.

Epicrules said:
Not sure if it was already known or not... But...

8726BA25E968F18BC68785C0ACC44A10A922D7B9

There's also a training field in the middle of the ocean. This one's probably not too important, but I've noticed that when I talk to the various merchants inside the taverns, [I.E. Port Horizon], there tends to be gaps comprising several inventory slots in between his wares.

This one isn't as much of a bug as is a general rant: It seems that Warband calculates the "Range" of units based on their ranged weapon's accuracy, and I've noticed that because of that, it seems my cannoneers cannot fire at anything unless it's at fairly point blank range. It kind of makes your investments, monetary and time-wise, not very worth it in the long run, especially seeing as most of the enemy has shields anyways, and the bullets don't do too well against shielded troops.

Something else I've noticed: The Mounted Gonners do not all spawn with matchlocks/hand cannons/etc, and when they do they cannot use them from horseback. "Cannot reload from horseback" i would understand completely, but they should at least be able to fire off their first shot, despite it's innaccuracy. If this is not a bug then it means they were probably implemented for dragoon tactics, which is pretty difficult/impossible [please see above rant], and it seems the only thing they're actually... good at is dying. Perhaps some modifications for the stats, etc?

Also, Elgante sword infantry are not very good at holding their own, even the Marines. They seem to just get spammed to death as soon as they enter combat with any foe who has shields.
:oops: I added the Empire troops in the day before release, looks like I didn't test it well enough. Sorry about that, I'll fix it in the hotfix.
The Mounted Gonners are supposed to have guns that can be reloaded on horseback

Epicrules said:

Do you remember who you where fighting? It might not be the Empire, it might be somebody else. If they are dieing from bandits then it is probably the Empire swordsmen.

To add on to crossbow joes statement, all of the troop trees where done the week before release. He was excited(and i was too) to get it out as fast as he could for you guys.

Angry Newbie said:
Epicrules said:

Do you remember who you where fighting? It might not be the Empire, it might be somebody else. If they are dieing from bandits then it is probably the Empire swordsmen.

To add on to crossbow joes statement, all of the troop trees where done the week before release. He was excited(and i was too) to get it out as fast as he could for you guys.

I had a force of about 30 Seflan's Marines on the field, and then a giant spam army of Karkan forces... just... spammed them to death.

Epicrules said:
I had a force of about 30 Seflan's Marines on the field, and then a giant spam army of Karkan forces... just... spammed them to death.

Im gonna try them out and see whats up. Is it just the swordsmen? Have you tried the knights? The Karkans have the single best melee infantry in the game, though i don't think they should be so good that they are completely overpowering the Empire.

The karkans should be pretty easy to kill with missile troops, so you might want to try to field plenty of crossbowmen.

Edit: by "Single best infantry" i mean the hardest hitting. The higher tiers(The Berserkers and Hearth troops) take alittle bit to kill, but nothing a bolt or arrow should have trouble taking out.

Angry Newbie said:
Epicrules said:

Im gonna try them out and see whats up. Is it just the swordsmen? Have you tried the knights? The Karkans have the single best melee infantry in the game, though i don't think they should be so good that they are completely overpowering the Empire.

The karkans should be pretty easy to kill with missile troops, so you might want to try to field plenty of crossbowmen.

Edit: by "Single best infantry" i mean the hardest hitting. The higher tiers(The Berserkers and Hearth troops) take alittle bit to kill, but nothing a bolt or arrow should have trouble taking out.

I've done several different Elgante vs. Karkan battles, including Sieges. Elgante usually always loses [Although the Cav does some damage sometimes] I still think this could be remedied by increasing the power/accuracy of the hand cannon/matchlocks to allow them to be used at longer ranges [Once again, an annoying part of Warband's ranged AI]. Anyways, off to go hunt for more bugs! Will return with results.

Epicrules said:
Angry Newbie said:
Epicrules said:

I've done several different Elgante vs. Karkan battles, including Sieges. Elgante usually always loses [Although the Cav does some damage sometimes] I still think this could be remedied by increasing the power/accuracy of the hand cannon/matchlocks to allow them to be used at longer ranges [Once again, an annoying part of Warband's ranged AI]. Anyways, off to go hunt for more bugs! Will return with results.
Try fielding more crossbowmen in your armies. It was intended that they would be the real ranged bulk of armies and cannoneers only supplements. However I will increase the accuracy on some guns.
Karkans will be nerfed to an extent in the hotfix, so overall it should balance out.

Epicrules said:

Faced off against a Karkan force of equal size with a Force of 50. Killed 40 of them and routed the rest. I didn't even use the knights, and I took no part in the fighting.

I think that whatever was wrong with them i fixed in the last day or 2, so they should be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Crossbow Joe said:
avion365 said:
Crossbow Joe said:
avion365 said:
Can't find any of the ladys, and when i do they are married ;_;
Which faction are you looking through?

all of them, the only one i have not been to is rebels and that is because i am at war with them :razz:
You are attending feasts aren't you?
The only faction without available ladies should be the Arlen Tribe
Yup, attended alot of them, and only saw one and she was married ;_;

Things i've noticed:

-Spelling error in the "Child of a Tribal Chief" background.
-I read somewhere that the Arlen Barony was allies with the Empire, but it seems that they always end up at war after not too long in both of my playthroughs.
-As of the hotfix, I can no longer find the merchant in the tavern. [at Port Horizon, at least. I haven't tested the other factions]
-Sometimes, the AI will simply refuse to break it's defensive stance and continue to be shot to bits by your missile units. They typically only charge after there are only a very small amount of them left.

Hope this helps. As always, will report back with anything else I find.

avion365 said:
Yup, attended alot of them, and only saw one and she was married ;_;
I know I got married in my play-through back in v0.7 no concerns then. If all the single women are somehow missing now, its not too high priority anyway, it needs an overhaul. Too medieval in style and its not essential.
-Spelling error in the "Child of a Tribal Chief" background.
Hmm I will fix that as soon as I can
-I read somewhere that the Arlen Barony was allies with the Empire, but it seems that they always end up at war after not too long in both of my playthroughs.
They start at war with the Barony unfortunately. Another sign of my lack of coding abilities, this is on my to do list.
-As of the hotfix, I can no longer find the merchant in the tavern. [at Port Horizon, at least. I haven't tested the other factions]
This often happens when there are too many people in a tavern, which merchant do you mean? I am beginning to suspect however that I have misplaced one entry point. If he is still missing in your game can you send me the save file? This way I can try and find him outside the tavern
-Sometimes, the AI will simply refuse to break it's defensive stance and continue to be shot to bits by your missile units. They typically only charge after there are only a very small amount of them left.
Haven't touched much of the battlefield AI, I can only assume it is a native bug. Though I don't believe I have seen it too much in native for that matter I have seen it to an extent.
Hope this helps. As always, will report back with anything else I find.
Thank you for your reports, they always keep me informed on any problem I may have overlooked.

which merchant do you mean?

Well, Merchant/Tailor. The NPC from the starting quest, [Profession] of [city]

Update:
-Two or three spelling errors with Lorn Anson in I forget which tavern, but it's in an Empire town.
-Arlen Barony and Empire fight until the Empire loses Port Horizon, at which point they usually make peace.
-It seems like the Empire has too much territory and not enough lords to defend it effectively.

Will post back if I find anything else.

Back
Top Bottom