Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Fun Poll #3: Who would win in an all time best of EU versus a best of NA match?

• Europeans

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • North Americans

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtney said:
22nd_Can said:
Exactly what I was talking about actually, he didn't play the game for a while and from what I saw, he didn't get it back when he made an effort to come back. For direct comparison, you, Gelden and Calamity didn't play the game for the same amount of time, but when you came back Cal was the only one who was able to get it back to some extent, Gelden(who would be easily top 5 if he got it back as fast as Cal) and you never got it back even though you roughly played the same amount when you came back, hence I think Cal has more consistency, which makes him better.

Also if he came back he couldn't compete with anyone right now actually(unless if he joins an already strong team and enjoys the ride), none of the top players from the past can, unless of course if they start playing and practicing etc. But ofc if they're dedicated enough they will get it back eventually, the amount of time being dependent on their individual skill.

22nd was one of the best clans easily for a long time in EU with all star players that are listed on most lists from our EU friends, we saw their return to WNL this season and they're doing mediocre at best, getting carried by the few people that kept playing. It's easy to say omg if this guy came back he'd insta kill the whole enemy team in UNAC finals, that's not how it works. I've seen it happen over and over again with players that didn't play 2-3 years trying to come back and get frustrated because it's taking too long to get to their all-star level. Unless if you can show me a couple examples of it of course, people who didn't play for years that come back and are better than the existing scene instantly.

That being said, someone might come back and surprise me, all I'm saying is that I never saw it happen so far.

I thought the list was suppose to be "at their peak", meaning it doesn't matter when they played, at their peak they were the best at what they did and their presence were game-changers. If the list is "best today" then you can argue with what you said.

Agree with most of what Wily said.

Was referring to him saying if he came back he could compete with the best now, I have no doubt he changed a bunch of games back in 2012 or whenever he was playing.

Kelquethas said:
ClockWise said:
Not only was Uni in PTK, he was in UA (Unicorn Alliance) and DoF too.

:party:
IF you want to get real technical we can say GL too  :party:

Do we have to stick to warband here?

Uni is currently in Scuzz in Smite and 12AM in GTA, though technically that's a "crew"

ClockWise said:
Kelquethas said:
ClockWise said:
Not only was Uni in PTK, he was in UA (Unicorn Alliance) and DoF too.

:party:
IF you want to get real technical we can say GL too  :party:

Do we have to stick to warband here?

Uni is currently in Scuzz in Smite and 12AM in GTA, though technically that's a "crew"
Lets just be real here. Uni's been in and will be in everything.  :fruity:

Kelquethas said:
You also going to do an all around list? Lot of players that 2-3 classes.

Juve number 1 PLS
Just gonna bump this :fruity:

But in all seriousness, an all-around list would better reflect the impact many players had in the scene. I can think of a dozen players off the top of my head who had a huge impact in all three classes depending on the team they played with, map type, or opposing team's strengths and composition. Rocky (TLB/TSB) for example played all three classes excellently and was one of the only players on the team who made enough of a difference to actually get them some victories. He was also huge for Canada's NC team. Or Lagstro and Calamity, who are probably the two best all-around players I've ever seen, can play all three classes at a top-10 level (Calamity maybe 20-25 for archery looking at the current list).

In my personal experience, I played all three classes pretty much evenly when I was in Balion (mostly cav or ranged on open, inf on closed) and was one of the heavier carries on the team throughout UNAC 1 despite leaving for the last couple weeks. Pretty much the same story with wK, but with less carry (because wK has too many stud players lol).

I feel beer and mike are ranked a little too high when compared to kherven creed aporta at their best.

Might consider moving rhade to cav, always thought he was a better cav than inf.

People saying Uni shouldn't even be on the inf list? Are you serious?

If you're moving some of those other cav guys down, I might move cru up a little, he hasn't been around long as some others, but obviously he can perform with the big boys. Top 5 in my opinion

I usually don't get in on these things since I don't really know, but if you are talking best all time NA players this list needs a neih, gravish, and test on there for sure. They were each very special players, though not a presence in the competitive scene (not sure how long gravish played)

Also what little guy said +1 in terms of difficulty early on. What someone had to do to be successful early on in the game is just enough to be a touch above average now that the game is really well known. I used to have to constantly shout up and down on the forums that chambers during a 'real' fight were indeed possible as most dismissed them as too hard to ever use or consider. A lot of stuff like that was the thought process when the game was newer that obviously isn't true now.

we are talking all time here so lets fix this **** :

Team : BkS, wK, POM (before it became **** back when SPQR was there), Balion, nK
Infantry : Tyrian, PPK,  Kherven, Dman, Fortinbras
Ranged : Harn, Peasant, Zero, Lagstro, Marnid
Cav : Scott Ray, Rhade, Vanidar, Blak, Calamity
Callers:  Mad Dawg, Rhade, Wily

Taleworlds Mod: Brutus!

Epeen list complety, **** all these new boys thinking they hot **** because they been playing for one two years. Wheres the nations cup folks, the old farts.  No order in that list. Also Wily analysis of me is very accurate but thats why me peasant and harn together did so well my in consistency counter balanced theirs and I filled the role of top shot.

Balion Zero said:
we are talking all time here so lets fix this **** :

Team : BkS, wK, POM (before it became **** back when SPQR was there), Balion, nK
Infantry : Tyrian, PPK,  Kherven, Dman, Fortinbras
Ranged : Harn, Peasant, Zero, Lagstro, Marnid
Cav : Scott Ray, Rhade, Vanidar, Blak, Calamity
Callers:  Mad Dawg, Rhade, Wily

Epeen list complety, **** all these new boys thinking they hot **** because they been playing for one two years. Wheres the nations cup folks, the old farts.  No order in that list. Also Wily analysis of me is very accurate but thats why me peasant and harn together did so well my in consistency counter balanced theirs and I filled the role of top shot.
ayy I was in SPQR POM I must be pro.  :fruity:

Vinny is better than Blak or Scott Ray. Oodle needs to be on there. Achilles should be there, not you.

ClockWise said:
Vinny is better than Blak or Scott Ray. Oodle needs to be on there. Achilles should be there, not you.
Vinny did good on NA, but not allt time. Oodle is right behind the names mentioned. Achilles was never good never did anything much above average has great awareness thats it but not all time, lives in Lagstros shadow.

Reapy said:
Most of the plebs here don't even remember the nK greats, surprised they were able to remember Akmar's name (although he is way too low).
During nK's dominance Akmar was 1A and Gravish was 1B

Balion Zero said:
ClockWise said:
Vinny did good on NA, but not allt time. Oodle is right behind the names mentioned. Achilles was never good never did anything much above average has great awareness thats it but not all time, lives in Lagstros shadow.

ok

Epeen list complety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom