MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look the same as every single one that has gone before. I prefer Mitharei's with the muzzle flash too.. I think I might sit down and rig a few things and throw them to Highlander to make his artillery shots a bit prettier :wink:

Artillery is nearly done, by the way. What's left is to fix a small problem with the aiming, the positioning of the foot gunners and some minor things like stealing guns after battle.

Howitzers in the foreground, cannons in the background.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Look the same as every single one that has gone before. I prefer Mitharei's with the muzzle flash too.. I think I might sit down and rig a few things and throw them to Highlander to make his artillery shots a bit prettier :wink:

thanks.  :mad:

Highlander said:
Artillery is nearly done, by the way. What's left is to fix a small problem with the aiming, the positioning of the foot gunners and some minor things like stealing guns after battle.

Howitzers in the foreground, cannons in the background.

Looks great!

Concerning the gunners: Will they actually fight during the battle like infantry when they are attacked? Or will they just be some kind of scene props?

That's perfect and will add some spice to the battles! :wink:

Another question: Can the enemy artillery be destroyed/silenced during battle? Or will they continue firing till the end even after all gunners are killed?

Just shoot the gunners and the cannons will be unable to fire. The problem is that the AI is too stupid and usually leaves the cannons unprotected behind. Those cannons have no chance against a small group of cavalry.

Dain Ironfoot said:

no it dosn't, have you tried the last version?, the smoke is fantastic. much more realistic then any thing before

looks like you guys don't need much advice/information, you know your stuff...

I might suggest though, that for the map area, and for unit variety, to look at the 1808/09 Salamanca/Corunna campaign?
That would allow the involvement of Imperial Guard units, as well as the quainter old-style Spanish uniforms & troops, while the Brits had all sorts represented in this campaign.

Whoever suggested the French Chasseur a Pied have rifles was wrong, Napoleon ordered them withdrawn several years earlier (03 or 04, I think)..

As far as cannons are concerned:  I've noticed that enemy AI always follow enemy heroes/lords.  Do you think that making cannons 'heroes' would lead to enemy AI sticking closer to them?

Also, (treading lightly, oh so lightly) can I tentatively point out that under native conditions, any unit will swiftly become a raggle-taggle of all possible unit types and ranks?

It would be a bit unpleasant to besiege a supposedly French-held fortress, and find that half the garrison was highlanders and riflemen!

Just my tuppeny worth.  If you want, I am happy to offer historical notes for this mod.  I am pretty clued up on the pen. campaigns, including obviously the Corunna one I suggested just now.  Don't ask me to texture or script, your stuff is way better.  On top of which my time is limited...

As far as unit trees are concerned, it's going to be a fairly linear progression. You wont see light companies becoming riflemen, or line infantry from the 28th becoming Highlanders. With the sergeants and other NCOs it's simply going to be a choice between that or simply becoming a veteran version of the original unit. In other words it's mainly an aesthetic thing. We don't want armies of sergeants. There wont be any neutrals, so there'll be no situation where the French could rescue British troops. This certainly wont be a native reskin.

I'd rather stick with my current time period for various reasons in terms of gameplay and my uniforms (I'd have to redo my French uniforms. It's fairly ahistorical for them to have these particular uniforms already, so I may shift the time period a year forward anyway) but advice on where'd be a particularly exciting/empty (more freedom) place to set the mod would be most welcome.

I've thought of something else I need a little on, French Ranks.. sous-officier and caporaux are sergeant and corporal equivilent I'm guessing... is there a NCO rank before that? The French striping system confuses me somewhat. I can see that a sergeant simply has a band by his cuff, while a corporal has a red chevron..

Here is an early thought on the British troop tree. If by separating the light, line and heavy companies we can do something cool with multiple formations, I'll seperate them. As I said above, NCOs are mainly an aesthetic thing. Don't want an army of sergeants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom