MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
armyguy31b said:
Your British Troops in this are "The 24th"?

After careful thought, and remembering that I had a really great granddaddy in the 24th Foot at Rorke's Drift during the Zulu Wars, I decided to check to see if the 24th were around during the Peninsular War.

In fact, they were. In 1804, Second Battalion was raised and after having seen service in the Peninsular War, Disbanded and joined the First Battalion, which the vast majority of the First was captured at sea by the French in 1810. in 1814, they were deployed to Nepal, were they fought in the "Gurkha War" Were mutual respect was gained.

The 24th saw service in North America, Peninsula, Nepal, India, and eventually Africa, before they were renamed to the South Wales Borderers during the 1800s. Today, They are now known as The Royal Regiment of Wales.

Sorry for the History lesson, I got carried away.  :lol:

Good luck on this modification!

This is a happy cooincidence :razz: I'm not sure if they'd have the same yellow facings and such though :wink:

Eek, the french Gorget has taken rather a wallop

Sorry, no pics of the Brits. :wink:

French Line Artillery: 4pdr. gun (not the most useful picture, I know):

French Guard Artillery: 12pdr. gun (of the Old Guard, BTW):

Hope that helps. I'll try to find more, if needed.

EDIT:

Le système Gribeauval:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/systeman/c_systeman.html
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/minismodels/technique/doc_artillerie/gribeauval01.htm

The System An XI Guns:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/systeman/c_systeman3.html

You are the Gun-Dude already  :mrgreen:
Keep up the Great work, this could become my Dream Mod.
And i think you got the Skill to make it happen.

Ah that just lets me think of the good old Cossacks Game.

MAX 6pdr

mabye a mix of 4 and 6

the biggest gun used by the british in the peninusla was the 9pdr, and that was acutly not any bigger then the french 8pdr, as they used diffent systems.

and in the peninusla the french only used the 8pdr as their biggest guns.

This is just a very early WIP. There will be a lot more detail. I just wanted to know, is it about the type of cannon you mean?
newscreendp2.jpg

So far the model is great! :eek:

But IMO the texture of the gun barrel looks too pale.

EDIT (sorry, in German):

Highlander, in der Realität würde die Lafette beim ersten Schuss auseinanderfallen. Die beiden Seitenteile der Lafette müssten an zwei Stellen noch miteinander verbunden werden, siehe Markierungen in der Zeichnung unten:

I think that nice idea would be to add some rifle for jaegers [ baker rifle ] . Shorter that basic musket, longer effective distance , bigger accuracy but very long reload time and  very expensive

That rifle was very dangerous on the battlefield, mostly used by jeagers [light infantry ] to shot down the officers and the weakest points of army.

Famous portuguese unit "Cacadores" used that rifle in The Peninsular War .
http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_cacadores.html

So I propose to make that units [ jeagers ] with that rifles, that would be interesting part of this mod.
similarly in other nations:
France - Chasseur
mikpaa.jpg

British - Rifleman
na-b-004.gif

Baker rifles:

bakerrifledevelopments_alpha.gif

Gunfreak and Chudolf: Go away. I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot. Really Chudolf. Your post has made me quite quite angry.

Highlander: Brilliant! I'll have to do some artillery uniforms now I guess :p

yes Highlander those models are pretty freakin sweet!!!
i just pretty much want to make love with them 
:grin:

Dain Ironfoot said:
Gunfreak and Chudolf: Go away. I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot. Really Chudolf. Your post has made me quite quite angry.

Highlander: Brilliant! I'll have to do some artillery uniforms now I guess :p

what the hell did I do, all I did was to share what I know, I don't know if you knew this or not.

Yeah, cos I'd embark on a mod about this historical period with no knowledge at all  :roll:. I had already made the decision from a historical and gameplay POV in the post above. Your little show-offy "Dain knows nothing, I must tell him things" irritated me greatly. Not as much as Chudolf and his long winded "U shud put riflemen in", but enough.

It helps me a bit, what rifles were used during the period Dain? My knowledge is - limited, I've only watched Sharpe once  :neutral:

I may be able to help you Buxton: The Baker Rifle in the British Army until the 1830s (then the Brunswick), the Brown Bess as an infantry musket and I think the cavalry had the Paget Carbine. I don't know anything about the French weapons though.

I apologise if I'm repeating what has been said or what you already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom