The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

More banner is a good idea, because its cool create a nation with your own banner. Banner should appear somewhere in the soldiers, or it will be to much "blank".The region of Thrace and Bizantium is very crooked, as if the world bend 90 °... if this expression doesn't exist in english, so its like then it is as if the world turned to the south.

I don't know inside the mod, but the recruits of future Bizantium wouldn't be Delian recruits, and yes thracian ones (i don't know in the time of the mod, but in the Pyyrhic War, at least, the bizantinioi was part of Thrace). In the future, maybe, Getai confederation (i know, it wasn't a confederation, only to be more pretty to hear) or Dacian Tribes (the same freaking thing).

Again, I'm sory to any english problem... I'm brasilian, studying english yet.

Hector987 said:
Maybe you could make a option in the Mod Option's in camp, to turn the shield bash on/off. I'll just that "some people" don't like getting bashed in the face with shields. :wink:

I support this suggestion. I enjoy using shield bash but getting shield bashed by NPC is freakinly annoying. Can't go in a melee without beeing locked on the ground by 3 guys with a shield.

I agree with disabling shield bash. And also it be really convenient if you disabled running away from battle. This mod is super awesome, but is made unplayable due to enemies running away after 20 of there guys die. I usually tweakMB warband mods by changing "Minimum amount of second before enemies will run away from battle" to 99999999999999 seconds but for some reason its blocked on this mod. I really want to play this mod but cowards are such a turn off!

I agree with disabling shield bash. And also it be really convenient if you disabled running away from battle. This mod is super awesome, but is made unplayable due to enemies running away after 20 of there guys die. I usually tweakMB warband mods by changing "Minimum amount of second before enemies will run away from battle" to 99999999999999 seconds but for some reason its blocked on this mod. I really want to play this mod but cowards are such a turn off!

First of all ARE YOU CRAZY MAN? Shield Bash is one of the most cool things this mod has. ( just the issue with the allies but this could be just FIXED)

Secondly, ARE YOU ****ING CRAZY??????????????? running away from battle is totally normal in whatever timeframe you want. In ancient times, the Light Cavalry was usefull in this job.catch the cowards to make slaves.

So now you know what you have to do. Hire Cavalry :wink: that´s what I did and no one scapes from my sword

tenerife_boy said:

First of all ARE YOU CRAZY MAN? Shield Bash is one of the most cool things this mod has. ( just the issue with the allies but this could be just FIXED)

Secondly, ARE YOU ******** CRAZY??????????????? running away from battle is totally normal in whatever timeframe you want. In ancient times, the Light Cavalry was usefull in this job.catch the cowards to make slaves.

So now you know what you have to do. Hire Cavalry :wink: that´s what I did and no one scapes from my sword
yea not everyone plays games the same way,I actually troop edit horses away from everyone(except lords) for most mods because i like close combat and all cavalry just seem to split after the first charge, especially when people run away. They run on their horses and split, so if your not faster then them or have points in horse archery to shoot them then you pointlessly chase them till they reach the end of the map then you have to turn around to chase some other guy who is already on the other side of the map and repeat for each enemy. Its more convenient when only your party has cavalry but those who run away still split and you still end up running to each edge of the map to get all your enemies. Now I never said it wasnt normal as most people like living, ancient times or modern times, but as a game, having the ability to turn that on or off would be really convenient.

Troops running away would be cool, if your own troops didn't -chase after them- like idiots. >.<

For that reason alone, I say disable it.

Yeah F1 (x2) is all is needed.
Unless anyone prefer to chase them to maximize casualties...like me
Also there are many times where enemy just fall back until reinforcements arrive and just a small fraction of their forces flee.

I fight only on feet but in case of enemy retreat i grab enemy horses (if i find any) and show my merciless nature  :lol:

And shield bash is one of the best additions in this mode and sets combat to a higher level.
Just my humble opinion... 

There is any new heroes focusing the time of this mod? Or simple new heroes? They're cool and must be here! at other side, Freelancer must be in this mod to, and so its will be the better (about ancient ages, of course). And, of course, will be 'custom' quests, right?

I suggest to change Farmers to local historical people (numidian, lybian, etc.)

Any english error, i'm brasilian (again)

The first M & B TPW was my favorite mod ever.  I still start up a new game about once a month to destroy the boetians.

A few changes I'd like to see would be the dory being more powerful than the kamax, smaller range = greater damage, and it's kind of hard to guage the kamax's range when using it.  More ransom brokers should be put in (if that's possible, I'm mod retarded).  Piercing weapons should be more powerful than blunt weapons (I like seeing people die).  Lower the damage on archers, at least at the lower levels.  It's kind of disheartening seeing every one of your soldiers without a shield die when getting attacked by 10 scythian bandits.  Also when horsemen are attacking I've noticed one will charge and the others will sit in a clump across the map.  It seems like the range of the shield bash is too high, I get knocked down by people I'm not close to.  I liked how on the first TPW the person was stunned first then knocked down if they were hit again with the shield. 

I can't wait for this mod to be finished, been waiting for it since warband came out.

i wish for you to fix the errors which occur in the game:

1) when you try to take a city/castle the game freezes often or shuts down. this is very frustrating.  :mad:

2) when you hold control and space while viewing world map it lags a lot.  :cry:

except from theese two issues i think this mod is awesome!  :grin:

if its possible can you add the spartan chant right when a battle begins and new formations  and last can you make it so you can have whores in your party so troop morale is always good

are there going to be selucids coz if ther are i can do loads of researching plus i have read alot on them. but it depends on how far east the map goes.I hope it will go east enough to selucia. one thing that makes it easy faction:they are very close to macedonians. i.e phalac good cav...

I find shield bashing sometimes annoying... I know it's cool but, i dont like when i have a super heavy shield of 20 kilos and i have a total ecumbrass of 65 kilos and suddenly a light peltast with his extra small-light shield bashes me and he throws me down... It's unreallistic for the peltastes to bash heavy hoplites and throw them down... I think bashing should be a previlege of the hoplites who are caring aspis!!!

EDIT: Also the rooted enemies it would be cool if they were able to throw their shields down so they can run faster as they root in panic...

in regard to hekks thread on shield bashing i think there should be an option to disable it in the mod.
my reason for wanting this is whenever i fight with an allied general his troops spend 1/2 the battle shield bashing my men.

Making it optional seems reasonable, but I'd like to say again that for tournaments it would be cool if the armor and weapons were drastically changed depending on the culture and region. Great mod man, keep up the hard work and trying to please us :p

Back
Top Bottom