The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wandering around some of the new castles, and I notice that there are drawbridges in some of them. This made me think of a Trojan Horse style siege, and on a slightly unrelated topic I came up with the idea that there should be a winch somewhere in the castles that opens and closes the gates.

Let's say that the siege begins at the side of the castle, not facing the walltops. If the attackers manage to fight and/or sneak their way to the gatehouse, which will be on near the drawbridge on the bottom level, they can pull on the lever/winch until the drawbridge fully goes down and the attackers will be able to pour into the courtyard and all hell will break loose. Of course, the besieged can pull the level back down and close off the flow of enemy troops into the courtyard. Lets say it takes a good 10/15 seconds of pulling on the winch to fully open or close it. That should make it neither too easy for the besiegers to lower the drawbridge, nor too easy for the besieged to stop the flow of attackers into the courtyard, assuming that battle isn't stacked heavily for one side.

I think this would be a refreshing and realistic alternative, and an interesting take on sieges.

Edit: After completing quests where you train peasants against bandits, instead of going up against normal criminal rabble, you go up against elite troops against with only some village idiots to help you. Unless you have a powerful army at your back, there's no way in hell you stand a chance against you and your powerless allies. Seriously, most of my troops were massacred, and the farmers were so underpowered that it wasn't even funny. Please make this more fair, as quests like these are completely not worth it due to lack of rewards to make up for it.

I was thinking, if it is possible, that it would be cool to instead of having a massive battle and losing many men because of it, you could instead challenge a lord to a duel of sorts to decide the outcome of the battle. Sort of like in the movie Troy, when Achilles fights Boagrius to determine who is the ruler of Thessally. You could make a champion of sorts relating to each lord/kingdom/family and have a champion of your own (yourself or a well-trained companion) and the lord/king you are fighting could choose their champion (an extremely difficult opponent, perhaps with the best armor/weapon or just really high health) and the two would fight instead of thousands of men. As an example, say you just built up an army of 700 well trained men and suddenly a force of 1500 enemies attack you, you could negotiate with the leader of this group of armies and, depending upon your persuasion level, you could propose a duel which would choose the winner of the battle and you would get the enemies units or they would just walk away or peraps even a large amount of money or an expensive item and vice versa with you. Or if you're a king of your own nation and you march to battle with an enemy king and your armies of 2000+ are meeting and you decide to try and negotiate with the enemy king, and request a duel to determine the outcome of this battle instead of losing massive amounts of men. If you have a high enough persuasion skill, you can also request lordship over one of his cities or perhaps the entire nation if you win, just like Achilles vs Boagrius. But of course this would only be with high persuasion. and perhaps, again if possible, you could make the armies surrounding the two champions as to make it feel more epic. I think this would add a lot more risk in becoming a king and building up a large army. It would make you be more prepared and more cautious in order to be successful as a king. Also, on a sidenote, I would like to request that it be possible to kill off enemy lords or champions if you do decide to implement this idea as again, it would give a  much larger feeling of risk which i think would make it more interesting to play. Thank you for your time and for reading this wall of text, You've made an amazing mod and even if you don't implement this idea i'm sure it will still be great.

At this mod stage the best way to get some action is cheating, but not with money. Put your persuasion up to 10, talk to a king, say to him to make war with another faction (for example Thrace against Makedonia, or Latin League against Samnite Federation, etc)

In that way you can produce wars in closer fronts and they will give a punch to your campaign without the need of waiting for months in game.

NacroxNicke said:
At this mod stage the best way to get some action is cheating, but not with money. Put your persuasion up to 10, talk to a king, say to him to make war with another faction (for example Thrace against Makedonia, or Latin League against Samnite Federation, etc)

In that way you can produce wars in closer fronts and they will give a punch to your campaign without the need of waiting for months in game.
Why i didn't figured this out?
thanks

With the shield bash, maybe it would be better if an enemy went backwards instead of falling over, because 1) If you spawn in a large battle alongside an allied Lord then his men always shield bash me as we're forming up and it's really annoying and 2) Because if you're in a shield wall fighting the enemy your spear doesn't do much damage because the enemy are to close, so shield bashing would give you room to knock them back then stab them.

Boombox said:
With the shield bash, maybe it would be better if an enemy went backwards instead of falling over, because 1) If you spawn in a large battle alongside an allied Lord then his men always shield bash me as we're forming up and it's really annoying and 2) Because if you're in a shield wall fighting the enemy your spear doesn't do much damage because the enemy are to close, so shield bashing would give you room to knock them back then stab them.

The first one about allies shield bashing you is fixed with this fix (install both):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196771.0.html

The enemy going backward instead of falling over could be a good idea, as the falling over thing is a little too exagerated right now (they could fall over when retreating, not after a shield bash, as when a phalanx retreats it's a carnage for them)

The second one, well, now it does a lot of damage compared with before, as a recomendation, i would say that you need to aim to the torso, because there you can use better the lenght of the spear, also, you should use the Dory spear, because that one is the one suitable for hoplitai phalanxs

Is BC or AUC do-able? Perhaps an alternate system like the Seleucid/Greek system or the Babylonian system it was derived from if a year has to be positive, or maybe easier, hide the year.

i would like it if the lords moved around. game is too boring when you have nothing to do. stopped playing the mod for that and only that one reason

make this torrent for uTorrent, maybe is there pepole like me how have bad internet con. and cant download 500Mb. If you put your mod on Pirate Bay I will be glad to seeding.

Can you put more types of enemies because there really arent that much oppertunities to boost your army and regurlary a lower enemy such as desserters or bandits help your army get better. And can you put religous refrences or temples in because GREEK GODS ARE AWESOMEE

Back
Top Bottom