The "Name the Reasons You Don't Want to Play this Mod" thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Make it so clans are welcomed more. Like everyone starts off as a town person. Have like a central town that is "pree made" were everyone spawns in. Then in the centre of town have the sign up posts i.e. lawmen, farmers, hunters, miners, military. Then for the troll like people have the outlaw post somewhere miles away.
Have shops were you can buy the weapons, clothes, tools so people can make an earning from it. That can welcome more trade.

This might work. What are your thoughts?

marchal davout said:
Make it so clans are welcomed more. Like everyone starts off as a town person. Have like a central town that is "pree made" were everyone spawns in. Then in the centre of town have the sign up posts i.e. lawmen, farmers, hunters, miners, military. Then for the troll like people have the outlaw post somewhere miles away.
Have shops were you can buy the weapons, clothes, tools so people can make an earning from it. That can welcome more trade.

This might work. What are your thoughts?

Why does everyone want to turn the mod into PW with guns?

You know for some people its difficult to understand how to play or how to build or somethink :roll:
And they would like just to earn money than need to build and i understand them,
it is not a bad idea a PW with guns

marios95 said:
You know for some people its difficult to understand how to play or how to build or somethink :roll:
And they would like just to earn money than need to build and i understand them,

I'd say that in order to improve the mod it'll need:

1. Pre-made Town
2. A better trading system
3. More realistic maps (A flat valley with barely any trees isn't that great)

EDIT* And some way to save the gear/money you have when logging out.
4. More players

A pre-made town would be great. Perhaps you could just do a camp site? Then players will be able to journey into wilderness and create their own towns?

Czar_Redwall said:
marios95 said:

1. Pre-made Town

4. More players

A pre-made town would be great. Perhaps you could just do a camp site? Then players will be able to journey into wilderness and create their own towns?
According to some people thats to "pw". I for one wanted this mod to be a western type of rp thing. But no the maker of this mod says rping sucks and he wants it to be a TDM sort of thing. Similar to 1866 only crappier.

sinofchaos said:
Czar_Redwall said:
marios95 said:

1. Pre-made Town

4. More players

According to some people thats to "pw". I for one wanted this mod to be a western type of rp thing. But no the maker of this mod says rping sucks and he wants it to be a TDM sort of thing. Similar to 1866 only crappier.
wut

How is this mod team deathmatch-ish in the slightest? There aren't teams, there aren't matches, and deaths are rare.

I think instead of making pre built towns there should be an option save all your buildings so even when the server restarts you can load your buildings again, you could make a special "load buildings" container that you would have to place all the resources in it would cost to build those things again.

Maybe even add the option of blueprints that can be copied and sold to other players, these would allow a player to place a "loaded building" somewhere.

I doubt this would be easy to code or even possible, just an idea.  :razz:

I have an idea how to safe the buildings.
You build your building and make a screenshot of it so that we can see it (really all things[workbenches, anvils, WALLS etc. also]).
Than the modder make a model of it and add it to the buying menu.
If you want to build it than you have to find a ground where it also can be placed and than you have the building you builded last time on the server.

That really isn't a good way to do it, far too much work, I just don't see that happening. Maybe when someone wants to save their buildings, they just go near it and click a save button, then the server would check all nearby buildings and save their co-ordinates and rotation. From the co-ordinates you could tell how far every piece is from the other one and what the building looks like.

Shredzorz said:
sinofchaos said:
Czar_Redwall said:
marios95 said:

1. Pre-made Town

4. More players

wut

How is this mod team deathmatch-ish in the slightest? There aren't teams, there aren't matches, and deaths are rare.
Well then what is the point of ur mod? Building things? If its not rping or TDM what can you do in the mod?

The mod is about survival and building, you can RP if you want to, you can have TDM or Fort Wars if you want, its entirely up to you. I don't understand why you need Shredz to tell you how to play the mod, just play it how you want to.

sinofchaos said:
Shredzorz said:
sinofchaos said:
Czar_Redwall said:
marios95 said:

1. Pre-made Town

4. More players

wut

Well then what is the point of ur mod? Building things? If its not rping or TDM what can you do in the mod?
You're kidding me right?

hatimkh said:
Maybe when someone wants to save their buildings, they just go near it and click a save button, then the server would check all nearby buildings and save their co-ordinates and rotation. From the co-ordinates you could tell how far every piece is from the other one and what the building looks like.

Maybe only the buildings that you built :smile:
IF this happens I hope there won't be bugs when there is a patch and you try to build the buildings from the last version.

Vicnaire said:
i liked the war veteran class but half the admins i encountered were(in my opinion) trolls and didnt even do their job as well as broke their own rules, when you went to fight back theyd ban u, so after awhile i just asked whats the point

+1

This is just one of those mods that is heavily dependant on a good community and fairly adminned public servers. There's nothing wrong with the mod itself, in fact its the most original warband mod I've played. If someone really committed to making a dedicated server and picking the right people to admin it, the mod could be very successful.

Played only yesterday evening. Came to the server and got shot by three griefers. Not once but every time they saw me. So, yeah, what's the point. This mod has good content but might die because of such ****. People won't play if they can't do anything because of griefers.

Also, the map seems to me extremely small and, even though there was green grass in the West, it would be more of atmosphere if the ground was sand or steppe.

Back
Top Bottom