The Mount & Blade Family

Users who are viewing this thread

Earlier this afternoon, whilst consuming delicious alcohol, it occurred to me that here in the OT section of the forums we have our own little dysfunctional family, complete with interdrama, arguments and the occasional disowning. And in thinking about the whole family dynamic, I started wondering where everybody's place is. Here's some of how I figure it:

I see Archonsod as some sort of wise-cracking uncle figure, who every Christmas sits in a corner regaling the kiddies with facts about the mystical giant space faeries, and generally giving his opinion on anything and everything he overhears.

I see Lost-Lamb as a sort of inebriated brotherly figure, who has to be kept away from the younger children for reasons that cannot be disclosed, and who consumes all the booze before anybody else can get there.

I see Kobrag as one of the youngest kids of the family, and the one who generally has a lot of angst and enjoys sticking it to the establishment.

Myself, I see as a sort of sceptical somewhat eccentric aunt.

So where do you fit in, and where do you see others?

Pretty much everyone is part of the legions of children. The parents would be Arch and Janus, with LL as the eldest brother and Merentha as the grandpa. I don't think it works in terms of a family though, I'd be more inclined to find an analogy related to a schoolyard, or a military unit or something.

Naridill said:
Can I be a snarky, pretentious foreign kid renting the basement?

No, you're the seven year old who needs a slap.

Worbah said:
Gah, I'd have to install the damned thing first. It's a ****ing chore. Per'aps during my imminent unemployment.

Your excuses do not sway me, they are as the buzzing of flies in my ears. Just do it, damn your eyes.

As an additional enticement, Llandy has started frequenting the channel again - I'm surprised you haven't come running yet.

Hmm, I have no idea really... Maybe someones girlfriend and some people in the family disapproves of my relationship with <whatever_person>?

Bulle, I'd say you're the trashy teenage daughter who's always coming home with a new guy just to show that she's a big girl now :razz:

Leprechaun said:
Bulle, I'd say you're the trashy teenage daughter who's always coming home with a new guy just to show that she's a big girl now :razz:
But since I'm not trashy, nor a whore, nor someone who always comes home with a new guy, that would be incorrect. Some people here thinks I'm a whore, which comes to the "disapproval" part but has nothing to do with actual facts.

Bulle said:
Leprechaun said:
But since I'm not trashy, nor a whore, nor someone who always comes home with a new guy, that would be incorrect. Some people here thinks I'm a whore, which comes to the "disapproval" part but has nothing to do with actual facts.

Well, you do seem to be with a new guy/girl every week or so.

Back
Top Bottom