The Deluge Reloaded - NEW EVENT

Users who are viewing this thread

NightHawkreal said:
Already reduced in 0.5, it will soon really be easier to use the butt than to shoot. Enough to spoil the game in favor of the artificial line battles.
IIRC firearm accuracy can be modified through the admin panel, atleast it was possible in the last version. In my opinion, it would have been incredibly useful to use at events to disencourage camping.

You're clearly playing a very different module to the rest of us, dude. Although I do suspect that it's in part due to our nature to play as a group, a sleeve of shotte, rather than simply moving around with no distinct goal.

NightHawkreal said:
Just a real man must kill in close combat. But I'm for combat pragmatism.  :smile:

You're advocating that 'real men' must engage in close combat but have an aversion to loaded firearms. Come on mate, pull it together.

NightHawkreal said:
Of course, they are waiting when you come near. In a doorway or narrow stairs to the tower. And then - boom. And you're dead.

Yeah but this is the CoD definition of camper, or at least one of them. Thing is, trying to snipe from a long range and an advantageous position is still camping. Honestly, and this'll sound like a poor idea but might keep things on topic, limiting ammo to just one bandolier might help reduce the firing distances. After all not being able to fire for 2 hours straight should make people conserve ammo IE: go closer to shoot or rush into melee more often.

Personal experience: Having 2 pistols and a sword makes you utterly unwilling to engage in a sniping contest because of: lack of ammo, accuracy and melee just being fun in general. That from the Crimean Host- Glorious Manly Cossacks, clan POV.

Leifr Eiríksson
That was sarcasm.  :smile:

I love the groups. They are very easy to aim.  :grin:

KickingJoub
One bullet in the barrel and that's enough.  :grin:

This is not the Iron Europe, there needs to be a very talented shooter to get into a moving person, even in the middle distance. Therefore the room with one door and towers is a much bigger problem. Especially when the developers can not cure grenadiers.

Ugh. Maybe you should just read the messages directed to you before replying  :meh:?
jepekula said:
NightHawkreal said:
Already reduced in 0.5, it will soon really be easier to use the butt than to shoot. Enough to spoil the game in favor of the artificial line battles.
IIRC firearm accuracy can be modified through the admin panel, atleast it was possible in the last version. In my opinion, it would have been incredibly useful to use at events to disencourage camping.

NightHawkreal said:
Admin - is the best remedy against the trolls, idiots and campers and much better than the corruption of  balance.

See the thing is, "Admin -is the best remedy against.... campers." How? Where in the rules can you write that something completely viable by the game mechanics is not allowed to be done? Also this is just wandering so far off topic it's not even funny. The discussion was about people shooting at absurd ranges, not your personal problem with around the corner campers. Hell, who tells you to run around the corner and get shot anyway? It's not hard to use 3rd person mode to peek around things.

Ps: Stop trying to use sarcasm, it's impossible to differentiate from the other things you write.

If someone shoots at a greater distance than you, maybe he's just a good shooter?

Imagine that on this rig is hiding four people. How a third-person view help you defeat them?

Hey, hey Nighthawkreal, this is an event thread, so for the love of all that's holy (=nothing) keep the discussion about the event itself. Oh and:
NightHawkreal said:
If someone shoots at a greater distance than you, maybe he's just a good shooter?
Bwahahahahaha. No.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
The implication that historical accuracy comes at the cost of game play is utterly wrong. I generally find that folk who advocate this are incapable of producing a simple and viable solution to the problem, or more likely, are unwilling to go through the effort. You are correct in saying that it's difficult to gauge the distance in-game, although I believe we simply need to close range a little more than most units are currently engaging at. In short; temperance and patience. 
Thanks for bringing up NW though pal. No one has suggested we emulate NW line battles in the Deluge; they're an absolute bag of wank and should be left in the rubbish heap. 

In short, there's nothing new here with NightHawkReal advocating all the wrong things. Still looking for that dual pistol and melee weapon combo bud?  :facepalm:

Indeed that a very close rage battle would be pretty sweet and attractive idea, and I totally agree with your previous point about the musket sniping (can't remember if it was yours or someone's else, if so I apologize). Though it's understandable that no many regiments would be willing to do the first thing for a simple reason, and it is the possibility of being wiped out in just one salvo if they're low in numbers. I personally do like the idea (at the end me and my people try to recreate a good Tercio infantry regiment), but I also understand why there would be complains about such a rule. And it's the fear of a quick death in the event.

Don't know if I'm really explaining it properly...

Pd.: Very good event by the way, really enjoyed it.

Well, a quick death wouldn't matter much in a more fast-paced event, as the rounds would end faster too. Infact, it would decrease the duration which a person would spend dead on average, so "fear of quick death" shouldn't really apply.

Back
Top Bottom