TestMod 0.960c - Released (23-JUN-2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh I see... I thought the spearmaster was another upgrade away. I've toned the Rhodoks down a bit like the Sergeant has now an average of 4 and 5 in the major skills (Ironflesh etc), which is still better than the Vaegir Guard and the Swadian Sergeant who have a max of 3 in Ironflesh and now seem like weaklings when you look at their stats compared.

However, I've just joined the Rhodoks and from a couple of battles with the Swadians and the Khergits on equal numbers, and me being part of the battle as a spearman (on foot), the Rhodoks are still getting somewhat kicked around, at least with my toned down editing, so I'll try editing them back somewhere in between my stats and your stats. Or just try yours and see how it goes. But it seems like cheating, now that they have the Rhodok rider, a new cavalry unit.

Against a Swadian army of equal numbers, with just one Swadian Man-at-Arms and the enemy, and some footman and very few crossbowmen, my Rhodok army was losing. With an average stat of 4 or 5 (those I toned down), the Sergeants are better than any other infantry, the only exception being of the Nord Huscarl, but they only have that unit, so it seems fair. But with this, the Sergeants and below still get kicked with cavalry around, and I'm guessing a big part of that is due to their armour, since I and a couple of my spearmen was hammering a knight and he took a lot of blows before coming down. So I'm going to boost them a little bit now and see how they're faring.

Also, why did you put 10 in weapon master for the player? I was looking for a way to edit that, but in the troops.txt the player shows 0 in weapon master, yet I have 10 in-game when I make a new character. How did you do it?

The Weapon Master is done via script. I'll upload the "source" to the Repository to make it easier for you to modify what you want. I don't like Weapon Master as a skill. I'd, personally, have a consistent rate of weapon improvement through use with the ability to add weapon points gained per level without restrictions. As it is, once your character has 130 - 150 in a weapon skill, your points gained by leveling up are practically worthless. On top of that, you have to invest precious skill points to use those meager weapons points. I don't like it that way, so making Weapon Master 10 basically "removes" the skill from the game.

I think I'll change the Rhodok Riders' horses from Hunters to Saddle Horses or Steppe Horses. Or, I'll just create a new horse, with higher hit points and lower speed and maneuverability. This way, they stay mounted a bit longer to use the crossbows, but don't become medium cavalry.

Look for an update (with the source included) late tomorrow night or Thursday.

Good work Hard. But I want Taleworlds to implement the "If you capture a town, that town produces your factions troops" but put some convererting system in like Rome Total War, So it's not instantly "O HAI WE'RE HERE NOW AND WE ARE UR MAIN POPULATIONZ"

Interesting looking mod! Looks like you improved many of the things that I wanted to do myself but seeing how you already did the work for me it looks great!

I'm thinking that maby I'll add a heavy Sythe weilder unit type to the rodoks, and will edit the weapon to also be swung left and right, in doing that it would create a unit the is devestating to both horsemen and weaker infantry. Also I think adding rodok exclusive one-handed spears would help them, like Hegrimony B.C. does with it's spear wielders. That way you got a really good infantrymans spear however it's not too powerful because you can't lance it while on horse.

Either way I'll use your mod as a base and probably add my tweaks to give Rodoks dangerous footman spears.

For the player: I just commented out the increases in weapon master in the game start script, and added a line to the end of it. So after character creation, I set it to 10.

For the Heroes, I just modified their entries in module_troops.py, adding "knows_weapon_master_X", where X is a value that will add up to 10 when counting the existing modifiers.

I personally really like the "* Captured villages now product troops of the faction that owns it"

One thing that I'd personally like to see, is perhaps player owned castles/cities making troops as well, since running around recruiting men constantly 10-20 at a time is a slooooow and painful process. Would be much nicer if some low ranking militia was spawned in cities, at least.

And maybe in a more complex form, possibility to purchase higher ranking soldiers in cities.

Still, nice.

HardCode - could you tell me how you did the "Captured villages now product troops of the faction that owns it" ?  I'd like to try and incorporate that into a mod I am working on.  thanks!

Look for "give_center_to_faction_aux" in module_scripts. Then, add these lines in red:

(party_get_slot, ":eek:ld_town_lord", ":center_no", slot_town_lord),
      (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_town_lord, stl_unassigned),
      (party_set_banner_icon, ":center_no", 0),#Removing banner

# HC - Change center culture
  (faction_get_slot, ":faction_culture", ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture),
  (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_culture, ":faction_culture"),
  # End HC

(call_script, "script_update_faction_notes", ":eek:ld_faction"),
      (call_script, "script_update_faction_notes", ":faction_no"),
      (call_script, "script_update_center_notes", ":center_no"),

HardCode said:
Look for "give_center_to_faction_aux" in module_scripts. Then, add these lines in red:

(party_get_slot, ":eek:ld_town_lord", ":center_no", slot_town_lord),
      (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_town_lord, stl_unassigned),
      (party_set_banner_icon, ":center_no", 0),#Removing banner

# HC - Change center culture
  (faction_get_slot, ":faction_culture", ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture),
  (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_culture, ":faction_culture"),
  # End HC

(call_script, "script_update_faction_notes", ":eek:ld_faction"),
      (call_script, "script_update_faction_notes", ":faction_no"),
      (call_script, "script_update_center_notes", ":center_no"),

thats great, thank you very much!

My prayers have been answered. Thank you so much.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a tutorial on how to adjust individual troop skills, as the skills are in a long line without any comments.
Or is there a troop editor out there I could use?

I think I found a bug, unless it's just me, but when I was my own kingdom, I wasn't able to produce troops in my villages. I think it's because it doesn't know what to produce, me being my own faction and all. Like I said, unless it's just me...

BTW cool mod, it has most of the changes I was trying to make!

Oh cool, maybe in the future versions they could be custom. Like a new troop tree or whatever. So the village wouldn't be making Swadians if you get one of their villages (and you're your own faction). Just a thought.

I'd have to code up a complete player faction, so I likely won't try that before M&B 1.0. Even though it's mostly copying the setup of existing factions, it spans multiple mod files. And the player faction could easily get the same effects as other factions, which could sometimes be undesirable with lots of script errors, and trying to exclude the player faction (i.e. looking for the player kingdom's claimant, which wouldn't exist).

I've been a bit busy. I have another build that tweaks the Rhodok Sergeants, and color-codes some of the more important messages (eg. "<castle> has been besieged by <Lord>" and such. Also, I think I've removed all large weapons and shields from all archers, excepting the Swadian Militia and the Watchmen. I have to make sure my attempted fix in the village culture bug works, where joining a Claimant ****s up the recruitability. Other than that, I can upload a new version soon. Right now, I've "eaten and dranken" in appropriate 4th of July fashion, so I can't do much now :grin:

Nice mod. Can you release a version that only does this:

* No conflicts between Heroes
* Removed Hero morale penalty
* Removed Hero wages

I think that the hero confilcts are the most annoying part of Native so a mimimod like that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom