TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS [EG III]

Users who are viewing this thread

Lol, yeah, I turned up the difficulty because that was way to easy, I turned the difficulty down because that was the first time I had attacked a Bear clan, and I didn't know what to expect.

cric said:
Lol, yeah, I turned up the difficulty because that was way to easy, I turned the difficulty down because that was the first time I had attacked a Bear clan, and I didn't know what to expect.

Right :smile:

next time put combat AI on good (always), otherwise the troops fight retarded, even in this mod. and the videos are more fun to watch when your character isn't with modified stats and is participating in the fight. this is the HARDY ADVENTURERS thread after all :smile:

if you just want to watch the battle unfold, you can get knocked out and fly the camera (or use edit mode). also you don't need 400 hired blades to defeat a bear tribe, maybe could be done with 100?

(here are a couple really nice videos if you'd like to see what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5VXzUQwaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57O7VTURts )

looking forward to your next one :smile:

Chel said:
cric said:

Right :smile:

next time put combat AI on good (always), otherwise the troops fight retarded, even in this mod. and the videos are more fun to watch when your character isn't with modified stats and is participating in the fight. this is the HARDY ADVENTURERS thread after all :smile:

if you just want to watch the battle unfold, you can get knocked out and fly the camera (or use edit mode). also you don't need 400 hired blades to defeat a bear tribe, maybe could be done with 100?

(here are a couple really nice videos if you'd like to see what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5VXzUQwaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57O7VTURts )

looking forward to your next one :smile:

Alright, I am going to make the AI on the hardest dificulty, going to take all my Reyvadin Rangers, gonna modify my stats so I will fight like a retard and I am going to find the biggesst battle I will ever fight in my life.

I don't know about you but that sounds good to me  :smile:

Edit: I didn't actually use all my Rangers, because I saw how many rangers I had, and if I had that many, it wouldn't be a fun battle.

Just got a new video up. I midifed my stats to 10 000 to 200. And I hope it's a bit better than my last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpdSmIqmU0g

cric said:
Just got a new video up. I midifed my stats to 10 000 to 200. And I hope it's a bit better than my last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpdSmIqmU0g

much better, mass of rangers was fun to see. I'm still surprised you almost got killed by the swadians :grin:

Yeah. I couldn't hit the guy because everytime I would try he would hit me. But if I had gone back 5 steps I would have just shot alot of em' Swadians down.  :wink:

A new figure has arrived on the chessboard of fate..

mb3.jpg

Garret Liederweber, merchant. He lead a succesful live, and gained wealth, but there is something missing in his life, ever since his love died of a horrible influenza. He feels that he is meant to be more than just a merchant.

Nobody knows if he will succeed. Only time can tell what will become of him.

Right now, he is trying to gain recognition as warrior in tournaments.

mb5.jpg

(((Editor's Note: These are the transcripts from a journal written by a wandering barbarian by the name of Asgrim. From the entries, it appears he came from a land far north of Calradia, where apparently the main sect of the Bear Clan is located. Some of the pages are written in ink, others in blood. The journal itself is weathered and beaten. The editor apologizes in advance for any reading difficulty the reader might experience. The editor only transcribed these pages how Asgrim wrote them, mispellings and misshapen words included.)))

Asgrim's Jernal

5: Ymira teacks my how to rite. Ritjng is hord and herts me head. Bu7 Ymira sais I am
dong goob. She teach me abot As and Es and how tey can nake a EE sond or a ED sonb or
a ER sond. Mabe I lern morr tomorrro. Oops, I ment Learm. Canot make tat mIstaRe so
sun. Wonder if tomorrro oonlv has too Rs...

6: Highrd 3 men naymd Lezalit, Marhid, and Borcka. Ymira duznt like Lezalit bcuz he
iss to hansh on the solejers. She dyznt undrstend wore and she duznt undrstend abowt
reyzing troops. She is to soft with them. Wimen bak home new how too fite and too
treyn but Ymira duznt. It anoyeez me but I will keep her in the partee bcuz she is
veree gud at heeling woonds and riting.

7: Ymira says to praktise riting.
adcbe7pnijkinmoqpnstvvwXvzadcbefqnljRimnoqpnstvuwXvzabcbeFqhljklmmmmmmopqnztuuwXvz
abcdefjhigklnmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooppKstvvwXyz
I one a ternamant todaye! It wuz not so harb sins the men in thls cohtree r BABIEZ. I
alsoe bett 1000 denars on mysellf and it ternd intoo 30000 aftr I one. I boat al the
men in Dhirim drinkz with me munny!

Day 8: Ymira sayz I shud put day befoer me numberers. She also sayz that S makes a
Sssssss sound nornnly butt maRez a Zzzzzzz sound wen it comez aftr a word. Tis is hard
tto undr stand. She sayz im geting betr tho. Yestrdy me and my armee helpd an olde
viligr get ridd of banditz in hiz toone town. The banditz her r week like BABIEZ and
evn tho the men i got from the neerby viliges r alsoe week like BABIEZ ther r alot ov
them. Bothe the banditz and the men frum me homlnd r strohgr thenn thes BABIEZ but
they r not her so I hav to maRe doo with thes BABIES. At leest 5o BABIEZ can kile 15
BABIEZ.

Day 9:
Hird more peepole. Jeremus, hoos good at healing like Ymira and Matheld hoo is
a Nord. She remindz me uv bak home and she can fite REELLEE good. The othr rekroots ar
improoving too. wun faynly grajooatd too Huskarel stadus. Mabe we wont loos so manee
men now. They proovd they can becum NOT BABIEZ and Im so praouwd prawd prod praud uv
them.

Day 10: My armee ran in too sum pilajing Bare Clann souljerz today. I did not no that
the Bare Clann had a sext all the way doun here. I waz disapoeent dissappoontd
disappont that the did not rekinize me as a foermr Bare Clann membr, and that they
atakd us. But they ar not as stromg her as bak home becuz we beat them bak. We did
looz sum recroots but we did not suffr hevy looses. I capcherd a few and hope fuly I
can get them to joen my partee. Lezalit cald them snivaling pigs wen we capchured
them. I dont no if thats an insoult or a complamant becuz I dont no wat snivaling
means but he cald them pigs to so I ges its an insoult. I think I will start yusing it
frum now on.

Day 11:
Jeremus duznt like Matheld. She makes funy jokz and can fite good and singz
good and looks good in armr but he duznt like her. He probly thinks hes to intelijint
for her. He duznt respekt her as a fiter but he has nevr evn been in a fite. He pachz
woondz nise and keeps men frum dieing but he has nevr kiled a man. If he keepz up with
this snivaling nonsns Ill kill him. Lets see him try and pach up his own guts faling
out, eh? Ha ha ha ha! As for the rest ov us we are resting frum the skermishj yestrdy.
They did mor damnaj than we thott. Im going to try to recroot those Bare Clanners.

Day 12:
I am startng to feel at home agin. Recrooted recruited 5 Grizzly Warriors and
4 Bare Warriors. They will be a welcum edishin to owr army. I tryd to trane more
recruits and the best way to trane is thru battl, but we chasd some snivaling lootrs
all the way frum Sargoth to Khudan befor we finly caut them. Its lait now. I will get
sleep. I take the last wach tonite.

Day 14:
Saw some strange firey ghost-things after a battl. Have been chasing them down
for past few hours. Stopping for rest but hot on there snivaling trale.

Day 15: We lost the trail of the snivaling sniveling ghost-things. No one had any
ideea idea what they wer were. Ymira and Alayen thott thought me crazy for chasing
them but I new knew they woud would give a good fite fight! Lucky for them we lost the
things but we will find them agen again. Ymira corrected a lot of the speling mistakes
of this jernal. I cant beleeve she wrote in my jernal instead of fit fighting.
I thank her for teaching me but sumtimes I wonder why I put up with her.

Day 20: Jernal Journal has gotten boring. BORING. Boring like fiting fighting these
BABIES. I think I will put it away for now. Ill wright when something intresting
happens.

Day 40: Ymira left, so now I have no one left to corect my mistaks. At least she
taught me how to right good. I didn't like her much though. She was alwys complaining
about something, like raiding a village or about how Lezalit is too harsh or
something. Bah. She was not a warrior. I suppose I will have to teach someone else how
to sew gashes back together.

Day 44: People keep leaving! What is the mattr? They do not like my way of leadership?
The mens morale is high but a few induvijuals keep saying they are not happy, or they
don't like someone else or "someone pointed five fingers at me because I killed my
bruther waa waa waa!" They are all babies! Back home in the forzen North, it was a
fight to survive! When I was little, I killed my bruther so that I may have more food
for myself. It was an honorable battle, but he was a weekling and did not diserve to
live amongs the Bear Clan. People of Calradia are babies. It annoys me, and so I must
teach them how to not be babies.

Day 45: Took some Bear Clan soldiers prisoner today. When night fell, I asked them to
join me for the honor of the Northern Father Clan. Only 6 Eeters of the Dead joined my
army. They gave an othe, but when morning came, we found that 4 of them had fled. I am
disappointed. The Bear Clan here is made of weaklings and cowards. I will stop trying
to recrut them and raise my own army of MEN. An example must be made! We
hanged the two remaining Eeters as a warning for any who might face me, and as a
warning to my men, that those who flee from the mighty Asgrim will not be safe from
his rath.

Day 47: I got invited to join King Ragnar's war party. What insolince! Asgrim is no
one's dog! Asgrim does not fight for anyone but himself! Asgrim is the cheef of his
army and serves NO ONE but his own intrests! Asgrim is STRONG! Ragnar offered me land
to join, but Asgrim does not need his pity. Asgrim can TAKE land! I see all these
lords with their fancy castles. I do not have stones and morter to build Asgrim
Castle, but I surely have the men to take on of theirs! But the Nords remind me of
home. I will not fight with them yet. The Vaegir are weak though. I have already
bested three of their pyuny lords. I think I will go march on one of their castles and
show them what a real army looks like.

To be continued!

Et_Mephy_Mi_BaBa said:

I was wondering how you got the 479 prof in archery, as you only have 4 in power draw, it doesnt look very usefull?

Here i go, i hope some people are still watching this thread ^^

By the way sorry if my images are a bit off, first time posting.

Bkai.jpg

B'Kai. That was the name of a skilled hunter from the East, who came to seek his fortune in Calradia.
He was the son of a village chief, and as such was no stranger to commanding men and showing his authority.
He was forced out of his home when bandits came from the South, looting and burning his village, and all the people in it, including his whole family; whilst he was out on a hunting trip with a few friends.
When he returned, his father, who had slain four of the bandits around the door to his home before being mortally wounded and pushed aside, was barely alive. He bade B'Kai to take the family savings (that were hidden in a secret place far from town), and ride West into the Fabled Land, where war was non-existant, and all was peaceful.
B'Kai did as he was asked, and he and his friends started the long treck West. After marching for many months, they arrived. To thier horror, this "Fabled Land" was no more than a war torn, poverty stricken place of warring lords and marauding bandits. Tears of anger dripping down his face, he whispered "i will unite this land".

"I WILL BRING PEACE, FOR MY FATHER, FOR MY FAMILY!"

March 23rd

Starting his quest to unite the land early, he and his friends attacked a band of local bandits, who had been causing strife, and killed them all, with no casualties.
He also attacked another group, and took a javelin to the shoulder, but recover after a days rest in Curaw. He recruited 2 men in a nearby village, and was then attacked by some more looters.
He had a lucky escape in this battle, shooting a rider that was nearly upon him, but the horse still came and trampled him, which hurt! 1 recruit was killed. He had a few more battles like that, and then set out travelling, going where he willed.

headshot.jpg

More to come, if you want it!

The story of B'Kai continued...

March 24th

He headed South, into the realm of the horse-riders. There he stayed in a city called Ichamur for a night.

March 25th

B'Kai decided to hunt down an army of the dead, to try and gain a legendery "death ward". He traveled East, and a band of pilgrims attacked him. However, his band of men easily fought them off.

March 26th

Going North now, into the kingdom of Rhodocks, he saw some peasants fighting against some undead, so he joined the fight. There were a few casualties, and, to his horror, there was no death ward! He travelled to the nearest city to recover.

April 5th

After fighting small groups of bandits and bear clan tribes, disaster struck. Whilst fighting a group of bandits, he recieved a rather painful knife to the face. Luckly though, he survived, and was left with only a scar.

Knifeinface.jpg

April 8th

B'Kai decided to sign up to be a mercenary with the Kingdom of Vaegers, as he could make use of their elite archers that way. After being told to attack both the Nords and the Kherigets, he decided to head south, as he had heard that there were rich pilgrims to the evil gods that he could kill, making the world a better place.

Pilgrims.jpg

Having fought a few of these pilgrim bands and thier fearsome guards, he decided to go in search of an army of the dead.

TO BE CONTINUED

Dread Lord of the Nordic Kingdom. A mysterious character indeed, from his unknown history to his unknown face to his unknown name, Dread Lord appeared to just show up one day and rise in the ranks as one of the more powerful Nordic lords. His army, including his right-hand-woman, Katrin, were all quite loyal to him, though recently, the army was suffering due to a lack of funds.

As the "Army of Dread", as it was known (Dread Lord enjoyed being theatrical) marched, they noticed an odd smell in the air, like burning, but they weren't sure what. It didn't smell like gunpowder, or wood, but something was burning. Not long after, a pillar of smoke started to rise in the distance. The soldiers talked amongst themselves about a possible forest fire, wondering how and where it started. Dread Lord was completely silent. Despite the mystery that his previous life held, his current life as the Dread Lord was one filled with chatting, and talking, he would often join in a conversation with his men over trivial matters... But now he was silent.

He stopped. Katrin ran to his side, tapping his leg, naming him by her affectionate nickname "Dee Ell", which he seemed to like most days. But this time, he didn't respond. "Dee Ell? Why are we stopping?". He continued to ignore her, sniffing the air and looking around at all sides. "Dread Lord, wha-" He extended his hand, signaling her to be quiet. He audibly sniffed the air, and were he not wearing his helmet, Katrin would have clearly seen the look of horror on his face. "Get everyone in formation." He almost whispered, his voice trembling slightly. Katrin had never heard him sound like that. "Huh?" "Three rows. Cavalry, Infantry, Archers, in that order. NOW!" He barked the order in her face. She yelled at the other soldiers "You heard the man! Three rows! Now! Move it!" She ran off, organizing the soldiers into place.

Dread Lord's mind was elsewhere as the soldiers hurried around him. So much smoke... And the smell... He'd never imagined this many could... He gave his loyal old horse a light kick to get it moving over a nearby hill. Had he been in a stabler state of mind, he would've noticed Katrin following him, but he didn't. When they got to the top, Dread Lord saw what could be the end of him, and Katrin saw what could not be explained.

Fire. Endless fire. At first, it seemed like the forest itself was ablaze, but it was not. The fire wasn't spreading, it was moving. And inside the fire, burning, scorched skulls, topped with horns, weapons, spears, swords, shields. They were being attacked by hell.

"Katrin... Get back with the others." She hadn't realized that he'd noticed her. He had to repeat the action to snap her out of her confusion and fear. They returned to the formation, Dread Lord stopped at the front of the army, pacing backwards and forwards on his mount.

"What you are about to face will make no sense to you. It will seem impossible. Do not question it. Do not ponder it. Do not ask me, or Katrin, or eachother, or them. It does not matter what they are, or where they came from. Just kill them. No matter what. If you even try, if even one of you stops fighting for a moment, all of us will die. No matter what, do not stop fighting. Don't run, they are faster than you. Don't hide, they can see you. Don't stop fighting, they have no mercy. Kill them all."

Nikolai the Hard Headed is what they call him.  Although he was the son of a great warrior and heir to the tribe, he was always a bit off.  His father constantly scolded him for his common mistakes.  Eventually, he was sent off on his own to learn to live as a lone man does.  After a few years of traveling and surviving in the mountains, he wandered into the land of Calradia. When he saw his first battle with metal-clad soldiers, he smiled.  He knew what he would do.  By bringing back this precious material and learning how to make it, he would secure his right to be Chief.  But he had to start small.

Nikolai traveled to the sea and picked several dozen fresh recruits from the Nordic lands and learned that their traditions in battle were not much different from his own.  He found a group of savages.  They were large and fast, carrying weapons of stone and bone.  He believed he could handle these simple men but soon realized that they were not to be messed with.  Nikolai swung his massive axe, slashing some of them to the bone and yet they still did not fall.  He hacked away at one, cutting off one hand, then a leg and still he gnashed his teeth. 

When the battle was done, his troops were battered and beaten or dead.  Only a handful remained, many of which will probably never fight again.  He leaned against his axe, sweat dripping down his face, neck, and back.  He panted heavily and as he turned, a savage rider knocked him on the head with a stone axe.  His vision faded, he couldn't move.  Soon all there was was darkness... then there was fire.

Nikolai awoke that night ablaze and quickly struggled to put it out but it was no use.  He soon realized that he was the fire.  He looked around, his vision was different.  The fire did not burn his armor nor did it damage his axe.  He picked up his weapon and realized that he was wearing a mask.  He removed it and immediately felt a surge of weakness.  He dropped to his knees, unable to stand and barely able to breathe.  He looked at the mask. Skullface, he thought as he grabbed it and struggled to place it back on.  Once he did, his strength returned. 

Nikolai walked through the night and the next day, not wanting to sleep or rest.  That night, he saw a fire.  Then two fires.  Then a a multitude of fires appeared.  He stood and watched as it walked towards him.  He realized they were like him, ablaze.  He wandered towards them, ready to wield his trusty axe at any moment.  They stopped in front of him, wearing the same mask he wore.

Nikolai spoke to them, scared and confused.  They soon told him that they were the living dead and he had recently joined them but it can be reversed.  Nikolai found out he would need a Charm of Regeneration by hunting down each of the three trophies, a Charm of Fear by annihilating an entire tribe of Bear Clansmen, and a Death Ward by defeating an Army of the Dead. 

Nikolai thought about fighting these dead souls but figured they were no army.  Instead, they joined him.  He again walked through the night and found no comfort in resting. 

I am ChiLee, a man of past that is of no consequence. The situation I've gotten myself in is irrelevant. There is only, at this point, ambition and desire to get to the Kingdom of Vaegirs. My bow is my possession that is of value, and this journal is of no consequence to any except the keeping of progress. I desire to hone my skill to the point of undeniable fame and level. My friends, my brethren, intend to assist me in this hunt.

Day 1: I, ChiLee, began wandering with my hunting brethren along the area of the Kerghit Khanate. I began to make my way to Halmar, prior to leaving for the Kingdom of Vaegirs, for supplies and companions. Before we even gained headway, we were attacked by a small band of bandits. There were felled, all to my bow. A number of deserters began after us, and we would have had no method of winning had they caught up. My party reached Halmar, where I met Lezalit and Katrin. Both agreed to follow me to battle later on. My party and I, fearing the deserters outside the city gates, waited inside Halmar for a number of hours. I decided that the Khergit Khanate was far too infested with brigands and criminals to survive in for the moment, so I began to run toward Uxhal before I was attacked by two barbarians of massive vigor. One was killed by my arrows, the other nearly killed me, though one of my Hunter bretheran managed to knock him to the floor into a coma. We left him for dead, as I had no way to capture him. A battle trophy was found on the body of the other, and I intend to learn more of it tomorrow. Before I could learn of it, though, I acquisitioned a Horse from Uxhal stables, as a means of transporting myself before I could fire upon my foes. I was captured by a band of deserters, my men too tired to fight. We were shortly let go, at least some of us. In my terror, I and my men spent a day in Praven, I wouldn't, couldn't, let my two remaining compatriots, Katrin and Lezalit, go back into combat. In town, I discussed what the trophy, a Battle Trophy, was worth with a man in the market. In a gamble, he gave me a heavy crossbow for it, which I quickly gave to Lezalit.

Day 2: During the night, I began to head from Praven, before 18 bandits attempted to ambush us. My bow managed to defeat them all, except the one man felled by Lezalit's sword. Two prisoners, mercenary swordsmen, were found, as was a great number of tunics, staves, hats, boots, and throwing knives. I welcomed all of it into my fold and gave the armor and weaponry to my companions and sold the poor equipment. We were ambushed and beaten down moments later, and Katrin left me. Only Lezalit remains at my side.

Day 3: I escaped my captors in the Kingdom of Rhodoks and headed to Yalen, and the day passed by the time I left.

Day 4: I still must get to the Kingdom of Vaegirs. Their versatility has been known in years past, their prowess with a bow remarkable, their knights and guards able to win nearly any challenge. I fear for my life, these bandits along the road haven taken me captive so easily, but perhaps there, I will find order from ruffians and a chance to gain assistance. How it happened, I know not, but I found my way to Mechin with little conflict. There, I convinced seven men to come with me. I saw a battle between mercanaries and desserters, with barbarians involved. I saw fit to fight by the side of the mercanaries, perhaps to gain friends or simply to get my new men experience. I was knocked down over, and the battle was won, but not to my, or any of my men's, gain. I went to Sumbuja, and recruited more assistance from the town.

Day 5: There were no further battles yesterday, though we were attacked today, only one man with me was felled. the rest won with no further trouble, and several men were more well equipped and more experienced after the battle. Two mercenary Crossbowmen were found held prisoner by these bandits, and I welcomed them into my fold. I met a man named Bunduk and a surgoen called Jeremus in Khudan, both agreeing to join me. More bandits attacked us on our travel to Nelag Castle, and some form of army is after us, but we evade it for the moment. I think there may be something savage with them, they are behind us now, but there is a stench of flames in the air, even in this snowy, near treeless environment. I've no time to investigate, however. I met Lord Nelag, and he assigned me to deliver a message. For now, I'm traveling to Curaw in search of some way to join the Kingdom of Vaegirs, at least for some time. I've no desire for Lordship, though, at this time, I see no reason to stay independent. The roads of Calradia are divided and dangerous, even for an expert bowmen. Perhaps unification can stop this.
It took time, but, yes. Yes! Finally, they run. The beasts, the ruffians, they run from me and my men.

Day 6: There was no battle this day, a day of peace I loved so. I sent messages of Nobles to others throughout the solar and lunar cycles.

Day 7: I began travel to Curaw to deliver a message. I came upon a band of Mercanaries fighting desperately against looters and warriors of Beast-like composure and weapons of stone. I fought alongside the mercanaries, to save them. It was a battle we won, a peasant woman, farmer, and a Mercenary Crossbowmen joining us in gratitude, they being saved from being the bandits' prisoners, not a casualty occurred to my party, and a strong piece of leather armor was found among the bodies of the bandits. I took it up and wore it upon myself. Another Battle Trophy was also found, and I traded it in for training in Curaw. I also made prisoners of three of the bandits. 

Day 8: Lord Crahask offered me an opportunity to become a mercanary for the Kingdom of Vaegirs, I accepted.

Day 9: I attempted to raid the village of Ruvar the last day and failed to do so, I managed to escape before being taken down by a Nordic Lord, a Lordic? Later on, I was attacked by deserters, who absolutely overwhelmed my men to the point of forcing my retreat. Many men died that day, a third of my army. I spent the day in Reyvadin to heal my remaining men.

Day 10: I replenished several replacements of my men from a village. I resolved to spend the rest of the day at Khudan to heal and train with Lezalit.

It will continue on. I will continue on.

Back
Top Bottom