Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I've been playing this mod for several weeks now and really enjoy it.  It's a really great experience, especially when there are many players on a single server.  Recently, I've had a hard time finding a server with enough players to really want to make me play, which I realized is a painful circle if others feel the same way.  I have a feeling that sometimes there needs to be a critical mass of players online at once in order to draw in more players that shy away from servers with two or three people on.

When the army battle servers were added, I really thought that was a great commander mode implementation and I applaud the designers.  The units do really act intuitively when being commanded, especially when riding with a group of horses.  With many players, this mode is really fun, but gets drawn out with fewer player counts, especially joining mid-battle.

Those factions will fight each other on their own if no player is commanding any troops, which I thought was really fun to watch and fight alongside.

The horde modes that I've seen in other mods always maintain a place where you can go and enjoy the fighting experience with plenty bodies in constant succession, even if there are not too many players on.  The NA4 and EU4 servers can provide this, but it really depends a lot on the other players, especially if there are very few.  If a horde styled mode were present in this game, the great fighting experience combined with the larger battles would always be available to player like me, who just want to get on and fight in your created environment, even if there are few or no players on at all.  If it were possible to add AI defenders as well, this mod would really be breaking the mold more than it already does.  If there are more people like me, then higher player count builds that critical mass for all the other modes of play.

I wanted to post this because I really enjoy the mod, want to play more, and want you to get an insight into how some of your players think.  Since the updates seem constant and I see devs on the servers, I figured it was worth saying something.

I love the mod and its a lot of fun, however I don't play anymore because everytime I log on the experience multiplier punishes me for only having 15 minutes to play. I have to grind past the low xp ticks and when I'm finally getting 3k xp a tick I usually have to log off.

The xp multiplier is very disadvantageous for casual players with limited time to play here and there.
Its a frustrating and makes people quit when they lose. Remove it

qwert9999 said:
I love the mod and its a lot of fun, however I don't play anymore because everytime I log on the experience multiplier punishes me for only having 15 minutes to play. I have to grind past the low xp ticks and when I'm finally getting 3k xp a tick I usually have to log off.

The xp multiplier is very disadvantageous for casual players with limited time to play here and there.
Its a frustrating and makes people quit when they lose. Remove it

Yea I've been saying this for years on cRPG, but noone seems to care. There has got to be a better way guys :\

Nick_Mac said:
Nick_Mac said:
Hats will be as separated pack, a bit busy atm, in next 2-3 days. That promise I have to break.

As we dealed, long cuisses, new pants (w/ texture, not quite good, maybe will do better in future) improved specular/bump for every metal parts (armors, helmets, swords), heavier pauldrons (variant w/ lighter remains as diff. item) for every armor (long cuissed, w/o cuisses).

Some screens:
n16vjm.jpg

awz7dj.jpg

5wnzs.jpg

hu2hao.jpg

33ogu9f.jpg

Links:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=38834190107566059523

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=38834190107566059523&t=3883419010756605952342716

Keep in focus, that I made all this works w/ suits, etc SPECIALY for this mod, so I demand it added.

PS. Special thanks to Jefferson Airplane band for awesome music.
Bump.
Burgonet is there. What about armors and armet?

Ok, let us discuss the biggest problem of all which makes everything other problem look insignificant.

The biggest problem of all is that there aren't enough players on the servers

Now first off let me declare that this mod even in its current state is better than its competitors CRPG and Mercenaries.
It is already a fun mod so fixing or adding to gameplay isn't the immediate answer. More Marketing is what's needed.

Sebastian, you must put more effort into marketing. This is the biggest priority at the moment.
I'm taking time out of my day to write this because I respect what you've built and I want to see your mod played and enjoyed by many.

I know you have the mod on steam and moddb but you need to do more to see a growth in players.

Here are a few ways you can market the mod.
- Give people a bonus 100,000 XP for every friend they recruit (recruited friend must play at least 20 hours for XP BONUS to be applied)
- Advertise the mod on Native, CRPG and Persistent World SERVERS.
- Encourage people to rate the mod on moddb and steam
- Reach out to youtubers that letsplay Mount and Blade and get them to lets play the mod

If your interested in more detailed advice on the subject PM me and if I have time I'll talk you through a marketing campaign on Teamspeak.

Fix the NPC battle servers. Commander battles/NPC battles should be one of the focuses of this mod, yet the NPC servers are unbalanced (in terms of gameplay and gameplay mechanics) and seem neglected.

I, too, would appreciate some love to the npc battle servers.  Any more fleshing out of this system makes it that much more a unique experience among the other mods.

I suggest making an in-website chatroom so people on their character pages can comminucate with eachother. This might improve player numbers since there's nothing as discouraging as seeing nobody play and not starting the game because of that.

Agreed with Roran 13 above:

There has too be something to get players to play. Some website/chat/text communication method(s) would be an incentive.

I think the main issue right now is actually getting players to play (after installing the mod.) I've seen a lot of new faces this past week, but I think players in general are being discouraged because of the "0 players online" trend is more prevalent.

On another note, what's the progress on the NPC defense game mode, or is it not going to be implemented? I know someone else brought it up earlier in the thread, but I think it would be a great feature to the mod, as duel servers can be anti-climatic at times and commander battles can end up being a hassle. Combined with a communication method that allows players to communicate off-game, I think the two new features could be an incentive to get people to play.

And another note: Perhaps change the thread title to "Suggestions & Feedback?" I think it would useful to see all input in this context, and not just the "input and solution" responses.

Longsword still does not have a halfswording option :idea:

Increase engineer build points.
The only way to have people actually choose to be engineers ingame is to allow them to build an insane amount of stuff on the battlefield(evidence; NW).
With that said, earthwork should use either just 1 build point or none at all...since its just shoveling ground around.

Also, kudos to the random maniac roleplaying as a full plated shovel knight.
Made my day :smile:

I have plenty of money and am level 31, so my suggestion is definitely not going to benefit me directly.

My suggestion is that new players start out at level 6 or something with starting money. A high enough level that if they fight someone with level 30 agility they can actually attack fast enough to block, then attack (as opposed to blocking, then attacking and being hit anyways even though it's "their turn" to hit). What level it should be and how much money, I'm not sure. How it would be implemented? Again, not sure, it might be extremely difficult (I can't imagine it being terribly easy). Just an idea that would prevent new players from being discouraged by their equipment.

I imagine an easier fix to the aforementioned problem where newer players can't even get in a hit in against level 30 players with high agility is to nerf the power of agility to increase attack speed, or any skill that increases the speed at which you can hit someone (maybe even athletics?)

You have Bishop hat and gloves but no Bishop main clothes... I would love for something like the priest top but with mail on.

Back
Top Bottom