Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Matim said:
My suggestions:

1. Convert combination of "ctrl+j" into just "v" (as in crpg) when mounted. For cavmen this is really important, trust me (2yrs in cav regiment on NW)

2. I BEG YOU SEBASTIAN, CHANGE THAT HILARIOUS "UNION OF MILNIK" NAME INTO AT LEAST "UNION OF RADOM", OR JUST POLAND-LITHUANIA. CURRENTLY IT IS UNHISTORICAL AS ****.
I was one of the winners of the polish history competition and I feel mental pain every time I see that faction name.

3. This is rather impossible suggestion, but an awesome one - create a feudal browser game in which there are located villages, towns and stuff which provide you ingame gold. Combine that with dramatically increasing the cost of the plates, so only the rich bastards who own villages can use those  :cool:
(START THE DISCUSSION PLS)
For 1st - maybe, but not very important.
For 2nd - agree, this is ridiculous.
For 3rd - Strategus as in crpg would be very nice, it will attrackt all these crpg players.

Reduce the amount of points constructions cost and perhaps balance it be increasing the cost of resources by 5% since not many people use them already.

By thw way, is digging speed based on the 2h skill?

EDIT: How could I forget, flatcaps still need to be added.  :mrgreen:

1. This is my most serious and important suggestion: Fix the polehammer. Currently, the polehammer is a giant rock lashed onto the end of a staff, in reality, a polehammer was a warhammer at the end of a pole (hence the name, polehammer). Polehammers should be good against armor, they should have pierce in stab, and blunt on swings (unless you can implement the sharp back part as pen on the left swing); currently, the polehammer is so slow it is completely unusable- I have tried it with no armor and very high agility and I was unable to get in an attack against even relatively slow weapons.

Going to borrow an image from Chivalry http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130715141927/age-of-chivalry/images/thumb/0/0d/Weapon_select_polehammer.png/300px-Weapon_select_polehammer.png

2.  Make bows do more damage against lightly armored opponents. 'Nuff said

3.  I know this mod takes place in the 16th century, but if you could implement a mail and surcoat or some kind of heraldic mail with a Jerusalem cross (Crusader's cross, in simple terms) that would be nice. Obviously, it would be a bit ahistorical (13th century at the latest), unless you geared it towards the Teutonic Order. Speaking of the Teutonic Order, there is not exactly an abundance of equipment that would befit a Teutonic knight, it would be awesome if there was some mail and a helmet suitable for the Teutonic Order. There is Russian, Arabian, Scandinavian, and Italian equipment, as well as equipment fitting for English or French troops, but as far as the Teutonic knights go there isn't much.

4. If late 16th century equipment is included, why not Polish Hussars? Heavy Polish Hussars were formed in 1500, and Matthias Corvinus used hussars in the late 15th century as well. Forgive me for using wikipedia: "By the reign of King Stefan Bathory, the hussars had replaced medieval-style lancers in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army, and they now formed the bulk of the Polish cavalry. By the 1590s, most Polish-Lithuanian hussar units had been reformed along the same 'heavy', Hungarian model. Due to the same resemblance, the Polish heavy hussars came with their own style, the Polish winged hussars or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth winged husaria. The people of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth recognized the winged hussars as husarskie anioły (hussar angels)."

I have scant knowledge of how any of this would be implemented, however, I am fairly certain that #2 would be the easiest. Thanks for your time. I agree with Marius on the power reload.

Johann Brahms said:
1. This is my most serious and important suggestion: Fix the polehammer. Currently, the polehammer is a giant rock lashed onto the end of a staff, in reality, a polehammer was a warhammer at the end of a pole (hence the name, polehammer). Polehammers should be good against armor, they should have pierce in stab, and blunt on swings (unless you can implement the sharp back part as pen on the left swing); currently, the polehammer is so slow it is completely unusable- I have tried it with no armor and very high agility and I was unable to get in an attack against even relatively slow weapons.

Going to borrow an image from Chivalry http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130715141927/age-of-chivalry/images/thumb/0/0d/Weapon_select_polehammer.png/300px-Weapon_select_polehammer.png

2.  Make bows do more damage against lightly armored opponents. 'Nuff said

3.  I know this mod takes place in the 16th century, but if you could implement a mail and surcoat or some kind of heraldic mail with a Jerusalem cross (Crusader's cross, in simple terms) that would be nice. Obviously, it would be a bit ahistorical (13th century at the latest), unless you geared it towards the Teutonic Order. Speaking of the Teutonic Order, there is not exactly an abundance of equipment that would befit a Teutonic knight, it would be awesome if there was some mail and a helmet suitable for the Teutonic Order. There is Russian, Arabian, Scandinavian, and Italian equipment, as well as equipment fitting for English or French troops, but as far as the Teutonic knights go there isn't much.

4. If late 16th century equipment is included, why not Polish Hussars? Heavy Polish Hussars were formed in 1500, and Matthias Corvinus used hussars in the late 15th century as well. Forgive me for using wikipedia: "By the reign of King Stefan Bathory, the hussars had replaced medieval-style lancers in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army, and they now formed the bulk of the Polish cavalry. By the 1590s, most Polish-Lithuanian hussar units had been reformed along the same 'heavy', Hungarian model. Due to the same resemblance, the Polish heavy hussars came with their own style, the Polish winged hussars or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth winged husaria. The people of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth recognized the winged hussars as husarskie anioły (hussar angels)."

I have scant knowledge of how any of this would be implemented, however, I am fairly certain that #2 would be the easiest. Thanks for your time. I agree with Marius on the power reload.

1) I completely agree. Remove the concrete slab on a stick entirely, aswell as the utterly retarded double-bladed axes that weigh more than three guys in plate armours combined.

2) I haven't tried bows yet, and do not tend to get hit by bows a lot when wearing light armour, so I can't say a thing about this.

3) While a suit of mail certainly wouldn't be out of place, as it was still being used by footmen as a protection in melee (notable examples being Irish and Scottish mercenaries if I'm not mistaken who still relied a lot on ambushes and infantry charges) you wanting 'Teutonic mail' is a bit weird. The Teutonic order existed certainly a few decades into the 16th century, but they were not going to battle dressed at 13th century crusaders anymore, they would instead be pretty much adapted to modern warfare, their militia using contemporary arms and weapons.

In short, yes, more mail armours wouldn't hurt. (even though mail armour only makes being shot hurt even more due to shattering links being catapulted everywhere afaik)

4) There is indeed some late 16th century equipment (the better firearms in particular) but going as far as to add the iconic hussars would be a step too far. Going by your logic you can add the renowned 'schwarze reitern' in a mod focussed around the year 1420 because the first regiments were created in the late 15th century in what we now call Germany.

Matim said:
Combine that with dramatically increasing the cost of the plates

Agree, the cost needs to be increased tenfold, but the protective value of plate also needs to be increased tenfold so people actually have a problem dealing with plate, now it just seems like a tinfoil uniform without any underarmor padding to absorb blunt trauma(which it did, extremely well).

Matim said:
so only the rich bastards who own villages can use those  :cool:

The cost of plate armor decreased to such an extent after 1460-80 that buying a full suit of armor in 1521 would be like buying a half decent car today(several/dozen months decent soldier salary).
At the end of the 15th century the vast majority of people on the battlefield who wore plate armor weren't even of upper standard citizenry, let alone nobles, they were just elite extremely well trained soldiers and mercenaries employed by the nobles and even, in some instances, equipped from the nobles own wallet.

Johann Brahms said:
If late 16th century equipment is included, why not Polish Hussars? Heavy Polish Hussars were formed in 1500, and Matthias Corvinus used hussars in the late 15th century as well.

There are hussars, you pretty much just need a horse, some armor, a lance and a wing shield.

Please strive to remove all or at least most of the native items from the game eventually. Seeing things like round huscarl shields, 13th century helmets and 11th century chainmail are kind of immersion breaking and take away from the renaissance feeling.

I also propose you replace most crossbows with arbalests.

How about some more "Puffy armed" 1400s style clothing like these Empire state troops have?
Empire_1_.jpg
or some more militia style armour like this free company?
Karl_kopinski_empire_militia.jpg

I just had a look at clan banner inside game, which looks awesome thanks to Jordan.

But it appears the heraldic colour, the background, depends on the faction which you join ingame. I mean a prussian white/ black banner + green background is eye hurting me  :neutral:.

MeatBunny said:
Get rid of multi's. They just make people rage quit. We need to find a better alternative.

I think exactly the same I would suggest there should be some basic experience gain, so newbies get started and therefore try to increase the extra exp rate. So people like medics, engineers get better rewarded and of course the casual warrior, he gets rewarded for dealing damage.

There should be anyways a different exp system for siege it takes far too long to get multis, such system as mentioned before would make siege a lot more popular. In addition independent of the game mode there should be a reward winning a round without affecting the exp gain rate for the following rounds.

For e.g. time in seconds X player amount who participated at the end of a round(this would make it attractive to get big population on one server)
For the losing team maybe halfed amount

I see this as chance to make things better than in cRPG.

Maybe in the future we could hold clan battles, with clans who have advenced to the point of everyone having the required gear, and Pike and Shot this up, example 10v10 20v20 clan battles.
Just an idea.

MeatBunny said:
Get rid of multi's. They just make people rage quit. We need to find a better alternative.

Multi is here to make winning important, it makes people rage quite and makes people stay. It's a way of life.

We tried without mult and team play was not gratifying enough.

I hear that you can burn down buildings with flaming arrows. I've tried this on buildings i've been able to destroy with a cannon... not much happens.

I also heard that trees can be felled with cannon balls.... not seen this happen either, tried it myself, doesn't work.  :neutral:

mcwiggum said:
Longbows arrows need to travel further before they drop, alot further, and the arrow needs to travel faster, it's too unrealistic at the moment.
No just no, we used velocity and range tests with heavy yew longbows(120+ pound) and war arrows as a reference for the ingame bows.
So its actually way more realistic than you think.

Can you PLEASE give handgones possibility to reload on horseback. When i realised i cant do that anyomre, i felt disapointed, since now my dragoon kist is useless.

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
Can you PLEASE give handgones possibility to reload on horseback. When i realised i cant do that anyomre, i felt disapointed, since now my dragoon kist is useless.
You can still dragoon.

Dragoons were mounted infantry, who rode into battle then dismounted to fight on foot.

Handgonnes are harder to reload than actual muskets. The only weapon you could reload from horseback is a pistol or carabine, as others are either too complicated or long. (when talking about matchlock/flintlock weapons that is) You could argue that while standing still it'd be possible, but it would be very unwieldy still.

Dragoons are mounted infantry. What I miss though are reiters, dedicated cavalry units using pistols and caracole tactics. Soon we'll have a new pistol model though and everything'll be okay I guess.

Back
Top Bottom