Suggestions. Please read first post before you make one.

Users who are viewing this thread

woyo-sensei said:
11sparky11 said:
Mod's dead bro
No offense, but who are you to say the mod is dead? Mod`s fine, same me. Still working on it, so don`t worry. I have to make a lot of stuff from scratch, besides I`m waiting for new WSE version.
OK, so be it.
Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gECg_rM7A

Just because you didn't post in like a year. Good to see it's back on track though

Well, Katana sword is one-handed by default, but you can change as two-handed when you press X key. One-handed is faster but less damage, two-handed is slower, but deals more damage. Range is same for both.

I've been sitting on this idea for the horo troops in single player for a while now. I didn't want to say anything until seeing your modding interest returned.
Wikipedia said:
When inflated the horo was said to protect the wearer from arrows shot from the side and from behind.
Why not add some purpose to the horo so they work like the real thing? I'll show you what I mean. Bear in mind I'm going under the assumption that you can set drop rates for specific items, which I admit I have zero knowledge about if modding allows you to do this.
  • Make all katana strictly 2-handed weapons. In fact, even if you don't like the following idea about making the horo work or if you can't set specific item drop rates, I'd suggest making this change to katana weapons regardless. As-is, having katana as 1-H/2-H is rather pointless since there's nothing to use in the off-hand, making them always use two hands anyway (except for a shield I found from caravan guards but I figure you'll remove that some time). The only thing it's possibly doing right now is confusing new players who are unfamiliar with M&B's bastard sword mechanics.
  • Make a shield item which is the actual horo. Because of the above change to katana, the troop with the horo equipped will never actually use the "shield," at least from my experience and understanding, which means that the troop will wear the shield over his back. Being worn on the back exclusively, the horo will only be able to protect the wearer from ranged attacks that come from behind him. I would think a relatively low HP value might be best so it can only take a few arrows before being torn up.
    • The shield item will use the horo model, which when worn on the back, will look pretty much exactly as it does now. I imagine you can simply cut the horo from the armor model and paste it into a shield item model, or something similar. In any case, if the horo has its own model separate from the armor worn, then the armor worn should not have the horo attached to the armor within the armor's model.
    • Alternatively, you could leave the horo on the armor model and simply have the shield item have an invisible model. This would likely be an easier way to do it, however, the problem with this is that you would not be able to see the horo destroyed upon taking enough damage. I personally think the former route of giving the horo shield item its own model is a better choice.
  • Give the horo shield item a 0% drop rate and not available in any stores, so that the player should never be able to acquire one. This should mean that the only people with horo are the Taisho Hatamoto... assuming of course that you can set the drop rate to 0%. If you cannot set a drop rate, than I guess you can just nix this entire horo idea 'cause it would be super stupid looking to see someone wearing one on their arm rather than on their back. Plus, y'know, I know you don't want any actual shields in your game. Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
I just think it would be cool to give the horo some function to go with its form, so it doesn't just look like these guys have the world's largest and most unusual tumors. Again, it's not an actual shield to be actively used, it's just manipulating the game's shield mechanics to allow the horo to passively do what they were made to do in real life. What do you think?

That is a damn damn damn good idea. The only (minor) problem I see is if people would like their own horo. :smile:

Hi, I can't access the patch at filesonic.
Apparently it can't be used as a platform for sharing files any more?
Where can I find the patch?
Cheers and keep up the great work!
Gumbatane!
Mekugi

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,187029.msg4476933.html#msg4476933

There you go.

Suminagashi said:
I've been sitting on this idea for the horo troops in single player for a while now. I didn't want to say anything until seeing your modding interest returned.
Wikipedia said:
When inflated the horo was said to protect the wearer from arrows shot from the side and from behind.
Why not add some purpose to the horo so they work like the real thing? I'll show you what I mean. Bear in mind I'm going under the assumption that you can set drop rates for specific items, which I admit I have zero knowledge about if modding allows you to do this.
  • Make all katana strictly 2-handed weapons. In fact, even if you don't like the following idea about making the horo work or if you can't set specific item drop rates, I'd suggest making this change to katana weapons regardless. As-is, having katana as 1-H/2-H is rather pointless since there's nothing to use in the off-hand, making them always use two hands anyway (except for a shield I found from caravan guards but I figure you'll remove that some time). The only thing it's possibly doing right now is confusing new players who are unfamiliar with M&B's bastard sword mechanics.
  • Make a shield item which is the actual horo. Because of the above change to katana, the troop with the horo equipped will never actually use the "shield," at least from my experience and understanding, which means that the troop will wear the shield over his back. Being worn on the back exclusively, the horo will only be able to protect the wearer from ranged attacks that come from behind him. I would think a relatively low HP value might be best so it can only take a few arrows before being torn up.
    • The shield item will use the horo model, which when worn on the back, will look pretty much exactly as it does now. I imagine you can simply cut the horo from the armor model and paste it into a shield item model, or something similar. In any case, if the horo has its own model separate from the armor worn, then the armor worn should not have the horo attached to the armor within the armor's model.
    • Alternatively, you could leave the horo on the armor model and simply have the shield item have an invisible model. This would likely be an easier way to do it, however, the problem with this is that you would not be able to see the horo destroyed upon taking enough damage. I personally think the former route of giving the horo shield item its own model is a better choice.
  • Give the horo shield item a 0% drop rate and not available in any stores, so that the player should never be able to acquire one. This should mean that the only people with horo are the Taisho Hatamoto... assuming of course that you can set the drop rate to 0%. If you cannot set a drop rate, than I guess you can just nix this entire horo idea 'cause it would be super stupid looking to see someone wearing one on their arm rather than on their back. Plus, y'know, I know you don't want any actual shields in your game. Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
I just think it would be cool to give the horo some function to go with its form, so it doesn't just look like these guys have the world's largest and most unusual tumors. Again, it's not an actual shield to be actively used, it's just manipulating the game's shield mechanics to allow the horo to passively do what they were made to do in real life. What do you think?
Katana is one-handed and two-handed weapon, depends what you like. It`s more historical I think.

About Horo ("crazy balloons" :razz:). It`s possible. Not like a shield but... Heh, I found a better solution :smile: But it`s done. It`s protecting your back and it`s not an item, so you can`t equip it. Still testing it, but I think will be OK. Thank you for this idea :smile: I was thinking about horo as a shield before, but because of my too low skills it was not possible to make. Now I know little more about codding so it will be no problem to make something like this :smile:

Awesome! I'm glad you found an alternative way to make something like that possibly work 'cause I figure my idea probably wouldn't work anyway 'cause of this...
Suminagashi said:
Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
So did you find a solution just with Warband coding or is it something crafty from WSE?

As for the katana 1H/2H thing... I know you said a bit earlier that you can use the X key to swap between functions with the katana (which I didn't know 'cause I don't play multiplayer, which I assume is what you meant) but the reason I mentioned it was because you do not appear to gain that same functionality in single player, so the 1-handed part of the weapon doesn't seem to actually serve a purpose for single player. ...Unless you found a way to change that as well? That would be cool.

Suminagashi said:
Awesome! I'm glad you found an alternative way to make something like that possibly work 'cause I figure my idea probably wouldn't work anyway 'cause of this...
Suminagashi said:
Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
So did you find a solution just with Warband coding or is it something crafty from WSE?

As for the katana 1H/2H thing... I know you said a bit earlier that you can use the X key to swap between functions with the katana (which I didn't know 'cause I don't play multiplayer, which I assume is what you meant) but the reason I mentioned it was because you do not appear to gain that same functionality in single player, so the 1-handed part of the weapon doesn't seem to actually serve a purpose for single player. ...Unless you found a way to change that as well? That would be cool.

Swapping katana to 1h/2h working for both single and multiplayer. About that horo - the secret is... scene props spawned behind the player. Still I have to make some more test, because atm I have some issues with collisions. But I think sooner or later I will fix it.

Cool, thanks for the swift reply. It seems you're really getting into this again. I guess you had a lot of time to think up new ideas while on your long break from working on the mod. Hopefully the mod starts to regain its popularity 'cause it's still one of my favorites for Warband.

Well, I never stopped :razz:
But now I must hold many things and new features because without WSE I can`t do what I want. ATM I have only two clans (just for training), rest of them are waiting. Damn WSE, we can`t live without it :razz:

Is it posible to add:

Diplomacy mod
Foragning skill
Force recruiting
Fog Of War
Re-battle olders
Combat Animation Enhancement
Bank system (Landowners / Moneylending)

If no , can i add them myself just on my own use ?

This is a personal request from me, as a huge samurai anime fanboy, but could you put like Kenshin Himura's Kimono (Hitokiri Battousai or normal) into the game? I just like the style of Kimono and would love to have that lol.  Maybe even add his hair style, since the current Top-knot doesn't really work for somethin' like that lol

Little while ago I got an idea for a new multiplayer gamemode. I haven't decided the name for that mod yet.

And here is my suggestion:

Basic idea:
-Ninja mode.
-Team 1 has some of the many samurai clans. They have to defend different points by the attacks Team 2.
-Team 2 is a ninja team. They have randomly selected goals to complete. (1 or more)
-Players don't respawn.

Goal types: (feel free to suggest more)
-Assassinate NPC Taisho
-Burn enemy weapon storages
-Open the castle gate
-Steal important documents

Victory conditions:
-Defending team wins if they succesfully kill all the players on attacking team. (or if the round time has elapsed)
-Attacking team wins by completing all the goals that have been set by server or killing all guarding samurai.

Actions:
-Defender can call for help by shouting for his\her allies
-Attacker can take clothes from dead guard or civilian(?)
-Attackers can hide carry bodies & hide them
-Dead player will be messaged as dead when his\her corpse has been found

Misc:
-Maps must have lots of places to hide
-Smoke bombs would be good addon for shinobi
-Ninjas would be able to climb walls with certain kind of gloves? (shuko)
-Flares\fireworks for shinobi (does warband's game engine support that?)

So what do you think? Needs lots of work but would be still good?

PS: I'm not a good modder. Just a man with a plan  :smile:

Sounds like a mix between Tenchu games and the Legend of the Five Rings board game, "Ninja." It seems like a fun idea but I'm not sure how plausible most of the features would be as far as being able to create them.

Just discover the mod! It is an eye candy, with awesome modelling (both characters and textures).

I'd like to ask if in the future plans is integrating the troops inventory, so that the player can
see through "let me see your equipment" dialogue the troops equipment and armure.

P.S. Since lots of people complain about the font i would suggest walter velez's fontasia.
It's very elegant and well made, and it's totally free even for commercial use.

A preview of the suggested font
sample_zpsc6b36b75.jpg

Back
Top Bottom